Chapter 3

Blood Line

            The boy let out a loud scream but it was cut short as Kikwang sunk his fangs into the boy’s throat. Dongwoon was quick to fallow Kikwang, sinking his own fangs into the boy’s thigh. In minutes  the two of them had drained the boy of his blood. They were just finishing up when Junhyung arrived on the rooftop looking for Kikwang.

“There you are. I thought I smelled blood. Looks like you didn’t save me any,” remarked Junhyung as he saw Kikwang’s eyes shift from a pale yellow to a beautiful bright yellow as his body up the nutrients from the blood.

“Do you need something?” asked Dongwoon picking up the dead boy’s body.

“Doojoon and Hyunseung wanted to see Kikwang,”

“Oh, then I’m on my way.” Said Kikwang, “thanks for the snack Dongwoon.”

“Make sure you dispose of the body in the right way.” Said Junhyung.

“I know,” said Dongwoon rolling his eyes, “I’m not a newborn anymore hyung.”

            Kikwang hurried off of the rooftop and down to the basement wondering what Hyunseung and Doojoon wanted to talk about. Unless there was some sort of investigation going on at the hotel they usually didn’t have a lot of serious talks. But with the news that Doojoon and Hyunseung were going to the Council that week. That was if Dongwoon was right but Dongwoon didn’t have history of lying to Kikwang. When he arrived in the security office Kikwang saw Doojoon and Hyunseung waiting for him. Doojoon was looking at the video cameras while Hyunseung had helped himself to a unit of blood.

“I hope you and Dongwoon cleaned up your mess,” said Doojoon smelling the blood that still lingered on Kikwang’s tongue.

“Dongwoon is taking care of it. What did you guys want?” asked Kikwang as he glanced at the security cameras curious as to what Rose Martin was doing.

“We are going to the Council meeting tonight.” Said Hyunseung in a rather serious tone.

“And you want me to stay here and not make my rounds.” Sighed Kikwang checking something on his cameras.

“Yes,” said Doojoon, “we would are going to try and convince the council that you’re not a threat anymore and that you should be allowed to be out in public like the rest of us.”

“You think Lee Joon will allow it,” asked Kikwang, “he isn’t to fond of you two.”

“No he’s not,” said Hyunseung, “But if we get G.O on our side then we have a chance, plus G.O. and I have been friends for a long time. I’m sure I can make him come around.”

“Fine,” Said Kikwang, “I’ll stay here. When will you guys be back?”

“Tomorrow night at midnight at the latest.” Said Doojoon

“Alright, what do you want me to do if something comes up while you’re gone?” asked Kikwang.

“Junhyung and Yoseob are in charge, they’ll sort out any issues that pop up.  Just stay out of sight.” Ordered Hyunseung.

“Alright,” said Kikwang not looking Hyunseung in the eye as he used his very authoritative power as an original.

“We’ll be back in twenty-four hours,” said Doojoon grabbing a couple units of blood and heading out in the blink of an eye with Hyunseung.

A split second later Kikwang was left in his room all alone. It was going to be a very long twenty-four hours for Kikwang so he cranked up his CD player and got out his colored pencils.

 

            Meanwhile Rose had been on and off her phone almost all day with her unit chief trying to get some answers as to who Lee Joon, G.O. and Thunder were. But with little success. All her unit chief would tell her was if they showed up not to go anywhere near them and to call him right away. It was unusual for him to sound so worried and scared when she just mentioned someone’s name. Which told Rose that whoever these guys were they were dangerous.  And more so then anyone else she’d run into. One other thing happened that day was odd, the young boy who had brought that dish to the lady with the complaint that morning wasn’t there the following morning. She knew that most people got two days off but there was something else about him not being there that made it odd. She overheard a few of the employees talking about it. Almost like he had disappeared. Everyone seemed to know about the incident with the angry customer but no one knew if he’d been fired. Which Rose felt was odd, most people knew if their coworker was fired. Then, late that night she over heard something really interesting.

“So you don’t know what happened to Jiyong at all?” asked one waiter.

“I saw Dongwoon take him upstairs to the roof and about ten minutes later I saw Dongwoon come down from the roof. But I never saw Jiyong come back.” Said a second waiter.

“Did you check the security footage.” Asked the first

“No, you know that only the security team is allowed to see that and I doubt there is any footage from the roof. Plus, this morning Jiyong’s belongings were still in his locker but when I took my lunch they were gone and no one has seen Jiyong come into work today.”

“Have you checked the roof, maybe there is something up there that will explain it all.” Sid the second waiter.

“You don’t think this is just like that guy eleven years ago do you? You know they never found out what happened to that kid.”

“It could be but the people who’ve been here since it opened said that Dongwoon wasn’t there that night.”

“So, it could’ve been someone else. You know all of them are a little suspicious. Especially that head of security that has never shown his face. You want to check  out the rooftop tonight?”

“No, are you kidding that is a scary place to be. And you know I hate heights.”

            The waiters may not of wanted to check out the rooftop but the rumors that were going on among the employees Rose figured she should. First she decided to check out and see what she could find out about the incident ten years ago. It took her a little while to find any articles about the incident but eventually she found a missing person’s report and a police report. What she found was shocking! It looked like the incident that the employees had been talking about involved Yang Taeyang, her brother’s best friend. He had gone missing eleven years ago after coming to this very hotel with his parents for dinner. Forty-eight hours later he had been found dead with almost no blood in him. It had been a very strange case and the police had never solved the case.  Exactly a year later, the very same day and almost the same time, Rose’s own brother had gone missing. He still hadn’t been found.  Around eleven Rose made it to the rooftop as she opened the door to the rooftop she found the man in charge of events, Yong Junhyung, up there and it sounded like he was talking to someone but Rose couldn’t see anyone. She was just about to leave when Junhyung turned around and for a split second Rose thought his eyes looked a stormy gray.

“I’m sorry I didn’t think anyone was up here. I just came up for some air.” Said Rose starting to head back down.

“Oh it’s fine,” said Junhyung with a cool smile on his face, “I was just about to leave.”

Junhyung left and Rose started looking for clues. The rooftop looked normal. Nothing seemed out of place. She was just about to leave when she spotted something a little strange. It looked like a piece of the uniform the waiters wore but it was torn up and had a red stain, it could just be pizza sauce but something told Rose that it wasn’t pizza sauce. When she got back to her room Rose ran some tests on the torn uniform and the red stain was blood. As she ran some more tests hoping to get a DNA match Rose started work on her report.

“Yo, Yoseob did you drink all of my type O blood?” said Junhyung looking in the fridge.

“Oh, ya sorry Hyung.” Said Yoseob finishing off the last unit of type O blood, “Hey Kikwang have you ever asked Doojoon if you can hang your artwork in the hotel. You’ve gotten really good.”

“You’ve forgotten that I’m supposed to be a nobody,” said Kikwang hanging up his latest painting.

“Hey, Kikwang-ah have you noticed anything odd with that guest, Rose Martins?” asked Dongwoon.

“No, why?”

“Just ever since she got here I can sense some danger and it’s starting to build up.”

“Yeah, and tonight when she was on the rooftop she lied. She wasn’t there just for air, but I don’t know what. Kikwang keep your eye on her.”

“Sure, no problem. Like I have anything better to do.” He sighed.

“Hey cheer up,” said Yoseob patting him on the shoulder, “Hyunseung and Doojoon are trying to fix that.”

“that is if they convince Lee Joon and G.O. that I can control myself.” Sighed Kikwang.

            The boys sighed. Everyone knew that getting G.O. and Lee Joon to change their minds. Even though Hyunseung and Doojoon were Originals it didn’t mean that they could change the councils mind. Hyunseung and Doojoon weren’t the threatening or intimidating type. Although they did have colorful history that did lean things their side a little bit.  Since things were relatively quiet that night the four of them stayed in the basement and hanged out. Kikwang  kept his eyes on the security cameras as the group had fun honing their skills. The sun was just about to come up when Dongwoon froze.

“Uh, guys, we’ve got a problem my danger senses have gone up. Someone’s here.”

“and I think I know why,” said Kikwang looking at his security cameras.

Dongwoon, Yoseob, and Junhyung walked over to take a look. Walking through the front door was Hyunseung and Doojoon, they were finally back, but that wasn’t what was raising Dongwoon’s senses. Right behind Doojoon and Hyunseung was Thunder, and Ilhoon. The council’s head investigators. 

So what do you guys think? Why are Ilhoon and Thunder at the hotel? Will Rose discover the DNA of the blood sample and what's going on at the hotel?  Please subscribe and comment.