Chapter 6

Blood Line

Chapter 6

“I’m sorry do I know you?” said Kikwang in a cold voice.

Yoseob glanced at Rose and then at Kikwang. Rose lowered her eyes.

“Kikwang why don’t you go take care of our security problem.” Said Yoseob touching Kikwang’s shoulder. Kikwang nodded and then walked away with a firm grip on his prisoner.

“Do you know Kikwangie?” asked Yoseob.

Since Kikwang had not been out much it was rare for him to get recognized. Even though they were in the same neighborhood that they’d found Kikwang in. If Rose did know Kikwang it could cause some difficulties. Especially with their request of the Council.

‘What?” she said glancing at Yoseob a little out of it, “Oh, no…I mean…I don’t know. He looks similar to someone I used to know.”

“Aw I see.” He said glancing over at Doojoon, who had just walked into the lobby.

“I’m sorry if I got in the way.” Said Rose and then quickly walked away.

“What is it? You’ve got that look on your face.” Said Yoseob when Doojoon walked up.

“I think we may have a problem. And more then one.”

“Great!” sighed Yoseob, “All we need right now is for Ilhoon and Thunder here why we deal with a situation. What did you hear?”

“Let’s talk about it in private.” Said Doojoon and walked away.

            Doojoon texted Hyunseung to keep an eye on the office while he dealt with things downstairs. Kikwang was going to have his hands fully dealing with the troublemaker they caught and it wasn’t going to be easy with Thunder and Ilhoon watching. When Doojoon arrived downstairs he wasn’t surprised to see Thunder, Ilhoon, and Kikwang watching from behind the mirror glass as  Min Ho, Kikwang’s second in command and the only member of his security staff who had met him. Thunder was also asking Kikwang a lot of questions, like if he could control himself around humans and other such things. No doubt both Ilhoon and Thunder had seen Kikwang loose his temper and his eyes flicker yellow earlier. It happens even to the best of them but right now was not the best time to lose control.

“Did you take care of that girl?” asked Ilhoon

“Yes, Yoseob did. And there wasn’t really anything to be done. She just Kikwang confused with someone else.”

“Are you sure?” asked Thunder glancing at Doojoon. He may not be able to see into people’s thoughts like Doojoon could but Thunder had known Doojoon long enough to detect when he was lying. At least most of the time. At the moment Thunder wasn’t sure if Doojoon was lying or not.

“Yes, she wasn’t exactly hiding what she was thinking.” Doojoon pointed out.

“What are you going to do with him?” asked Ilhoon glancing at the young man in the other room.

“Min Ho is going to give him a warning and if he does it again then we’re calling the police and charging him with trespassing.” Said Kikwang, “it’s that simple.”

“Kikwang  how often are you actually around humans?” asked Thunder as he pulled out his old canteen.

“I make rounds each night. Most of the time everyone is asleep so I don’t run into them but I can still smell them.”

“We haven’t had any problems with Kikwang for a long time,” Junhyung walking into the room.

“Except if we take his favorite blood type. Then he gets a little annoyed at us.” Smiled Dongwoon giving Kikwang a wink.

“I see,” said Ilhoon.

“We’ll probably only be here for another day or so. Then we’ll head back but we might make another visit before the Council makes their final decision. After all you and Hyunseung should know the risks of letting Kikwang out more than anyone, right Doojoon?” said Thunder

“You don’t have to remind me,” said Doojoon his blue eyes glowing for a moment.

The boys glanced at Doojoon wondering what Thunder was referring to. A few minutes later Thunder and Ilhoon left to feed, it had been several days since they last ate and they didn’t want to take the risk of their thirst getting to great while they were at the hotel. The moment they left Doojoon pulled Kikwang aside for a moment.

“Do you really not recognize that girl?” He asked.

“No, wae? Did you see something in her mind?”

“Yes, she thinks you’re her brother!”

“What! But I’ve never seen her before in my life.” Exclaimed Kikwang

“But you don’t have your memories before you joined us either. So it could be possible.” Said Doojoon.

“Which would lead to a problem.” Said Junhyung.

“What are you going to do?” asked Dongwoon.

“Kikwang, would you be alright if Hyunseung tried pocking around in your brain. He has brought Yoseob’s memories back once.”

Kikwang glanced at Doojoon, he had heard about Yoseob’s experience with Hyunseung in his mind trying to put pieces back together. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to go through that too.

“Do you really think that is necessary?” asked Kikwang.

“Don’t you want your memories back?” asked Dongwoon.

“Yes,” sighed Kikwang, “but I’d rather they come back on their own time.”

“But we may not have time for that.” Said Junhyung.

Doojoon was just about to say something when he got a call from Hyunseung, with even more bad news.

            Meanwhile Rose was tearing her room apart looking for that file she always had on her. She knew that the boy she had seen downstairs was Kikwang but it simply wasn’t possible. Zico had told her that he was dead. Even though the police had never declared him dead, just missing. Zico and the Board did. That was how she’d joined. Zico had confronted her and told Rose that if she worked for the Board then she could discover what happened to Kikwang and keep it happening to someone else.  She finally found the folder when Zico knocked on the door.

“So what’s going on? What did the Board say?”

“They want to pull you off the assignment. Put me in charge.”

“No, I can’t be taken off this case. Not now.”

“Rose it’s too dangerous. You have no idea how dangerous Thunder and Ilhoon are.”

“I’m not leave!” yelled Rose, “you can take point but I’m not leaving.”

“Rose…”

“No! I’m not leaving. Zico, I saw Kikwang!”

“Rose,” sighed Zico, “I told you Kikwang is dead.”

“Then why did I just see him? Looking just like he did the day he disappeared?”

Zico ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. He wasn’t authorized to tell Rose what the Board suspected and she didn’t have high enough clearance to hear it either. This was the one part about his job that he hated.

“Rose, please don’t ask anymore questions.  You’re going to get hurt if you do. I will let you say but you are taking your orders from me. If you disobey even the slightest one you’re being sent back to headquarters am I clear?”

“Yes,” she said a little timidly.

“Alright then, sit down I will debrief you on what I can tell you.”

            So Zico explained what he could about Thunder and Ilhoon. Now Rose knew that it was likely that the hotel was a hideout for some mystical group, that was why she was there. To discover what kind and how dangerous they were. No matter what kind of creature that was hiding in the hotel they all answered to one higher group, the Council, most of it was made up of vampires but there was one that was a werewolf, and one that was a wizard.  But Vampires were the most powerful of the creatures which was why they made up the majority of the Council. Zico explained that Thunder and Ilhoon were part of the Council’s enforcers and they only appeared when the situation was really dangerous and could threaten their whole way of life. He also told Rose that they were most likely vampires, but the Board had no proof that they were. There was a lot that Zico couldn’t tell Rose and he hope it wouldn’t endanger her. Thunder and Ilhoon, besides the council itself, were most likely the most dangerous vampires, at least among the ones whom he’d ran across. After he finished talking he had Rose tell him everything she’d seen and heard since she first arrive. There must be a clue somewhere as to why Thunder and Ilhoon were at the hotel and who they were investigating.

            While they had been talking Hyunseung had taken Kikwang to an underground bar. In a secrete underground part of the bar was a section that served people like them. It was not the first time Hyunseung, or one of the other guys, had brought Kikwang here. It was one of the few places that Kikwang had been outside of the hotel. But Kikwang could tell that Hyunseung didn’t bring him to the bar just to satisfy his thirst.

“So what did you want to talk to me about?”

“Doojoon told me what happened earlier.”

“He asked you to get my memories back didn’t he?”

“Only if you want to,” said Hyunseung, “it is difficult enough to do and doing it on someone who doesn’t want them back will just make it even more harder and more painful.”

Kikwang sighed, “I understand why he asked you to do it. I’m just not sure I’m ready for it. I’ve seen you do it before but…”

“You’re scared, I know. As you know my specialty isn’t in getting memories back. But I can do it.”

“Just give me some time to think it over.”

“Of course.”

            The two of them stayed at the bar for a good twenty minutes talking about various things. Including what would happen if the Council didn’t give their approval. Although it wasn’t something Kikwang wanted to think about but it was a possibility. They couldn’t stay much longer as Hyunseung had a meeting with an investor. When Kikwang arrived back in his security room he found Ilhoon and Thunder there waiting for him. Along with a very scared looking young lady, she looked to be around twenty. The young lady clearly was a human and Kikwang wondered what Ilhoon and Thunder were going to do with her.

“um….can I help you guys with something?” he asked glancing at the boys and then at the young lady.

“Doojoon says you can control yourself.” Said Thunder.

“So we want you to prove it.” Said Ilhoon.

The next moment Ilhoon took out a long skinny knife and made a long gash in the girl’s arm. A stream of blood flowing as he made the gash.

Hey everyone. I am so sorry I haven't posted in ages. I had so much school and work and then it was Thanksgiving. Things just got so busy. I hoped you enjoyed the chapter. What did you think? Is Kikwang someone Rose knows? Will Kikwang pass the test that Ilhoon and Thunder set for him? Is the council going to let Kikwang finally leave a free life? Please comment and subscribe.