Chapter 7

Blood Line

Kikwang’s eyes started to flicker a deep red. His throat suddenly felt extremely dry. He could feel his fangs starting to protrude. Kikwang closed his eyes for a moment and started to breathe through his mouth instead of his nose.  They weren’t kidding when they wanted to test him. That girl had type A blood, he could smell it. Type A was his weakness. He started to sweat as he tried to reign in his instincts. It  wasn’t an easy thing to do. Every second was a struggle. He wondered how long Thunder and Ilhoon were going to make him suffer.

“Ilhoon that is not fair!” exclaimed Doojoon walking in, “Kikwang is only five.”

Ilhoon let go of the girl, the bloody knife still in his hand. “Your clan created him without the Council’s permissions so you take full responsibility for him.”

Just then Kikwang couldn’t hold back his desire any longer he was next to the girl in a flash and a split second later he’d sunk his teeth into her neck and was drinking her blood. His eyes slowly becoming more red. Ilhoon and Thunder just watched with a smirk on their faces. Doojoon sighed. There was nothing he could do. It would be better for Kikwang to finish the girl off then for him to pull Kikwang away, it might injure her more and trying to explain this to the authorities wasn’t the easiest thing to do either. A minute later Kikwang had finished and let go of the girl. Her limp body fell to the floor and Kikwang wiped his mouth. Thunder and Ilhoon just glanced at Doojoon with a pleased expression on their faces and then left.

I’m sorry Hyung, I just couldn’t stand it any longer.”

“I know,” said Doojoon patting him on the back, “no one your age can stand that. Ilhoon gave you an impossible task. I couldn’t be around that much blood until I was at least fifty. I think they’re just trying prove that you can’t control yourself and get the council to keep you closed off.”

“Why would they want me to stay hidden?” asked Kikwang puzzled.

Doojoon sighed, this was a long story, “You know that the biggest and strongest clan gets to be the leader of the council. Well the VIXX clan, which Thunder and Ilhoon hare apart of, have been the biggest and the strongest for centuries, every couple hundred years they add a new member to their clan.  VIXX is a total of fifteen members. With N, Leo and Rap Mon being the oldest ones.”

“Weren’t you and Hyunseung a part of that clan?” asked Kikwang

“Yes, a long time ago, our fight with Lee Joon made us leave the clan. Besides the Council members no one else on our world knows of your existence. If you were to be revealed to everyone then it gives us that much more power. Once a clan gets seven members they are free to add as many as they want for two hundred years. So we could become bigger than the  VIXX clan and take over. Ilhoon, Thunder, and Lee Joon are the ones most opposed to this.”

“But you don’t want to take over do you?”

“No, Hyunseung and I have never wanted to rule. Our stay in the VIXX clan taught us that.”

 

            Zico let out a sigh as he ran his fingers through his hair. From everything that Rose had told her he didn’t see any reason as to why Ilhoon and Thunder had come to the hotel. There was a very, very slight chance that the mysterious Head of Security could be the answer but that was a very thin chance.  Of course there was that problem that Rose had supposedly seen Kikwang. Zico needed to get into the security feed. That might shed light on some of the questions.  He was lucky in that Rose was an expert hacker so she could easily get into the system in fifteen minutes or less. He’d already taken a look at the security codes for this hotel and it was top of the line, one of the most integrate ones he’d ever seen.  Zico told Rose that he was going to take a look around while she hacked into the system. He told her to call him if anything went wrong or if she noticed anything suspicious.

            Zico walked around the hotel looking for anything that was suspicious or out of place. But there wasn’t. It was almost like the Crystal Rose was the absolute perfect hotel. But no hotel could be perfect. Everyone had a secrete, something that they hid from everyone. Zico knew this hotel had a secrete too, and it was his job to find out what it was. It was then that he spotted Thunder and Ilhoon sitting at the bar. Zico walked over and sat the other end, hoping to overhear something that would be helpful.

“Lee Joon wont like that Kikwang couldn’t control himself.” Said Ilhoon.

“Yes but it wont be enough. You’re forgetting that N, Leo and Rap Mon are close with Hyunseung and Doojoon.”

“I thought they were enemy clans.” Said Ilhoon.

“You’re forgetting your history.” Said Thunder,  “N, Leo, Rap Mon, Hyunseung, and Doojoon are what is left of the five original clans. Their clans used to make up the council. Before the split.”

Zico in his breath, things were worse than he thought. The Board had always suspected that there were a few strong original vampires but if there had been a split and one group was trying to get another member and the second, more powerful group, didn’t allow it then it could mean bloodshed. And not just humans. They could have a vampire war on their hands.  The last vampire war was over three thousand years ago. If the Kikwang they were talking about was Rose’s brother then he had another problem. He hadn’t been cleared to tell Rose what they suspected happened to Kikwang. Although Zico wished he could. Honestly he didn’t see a reason why not to tell her, especially since she worked for them and knew all too well the world of vampires, wizards and werewolves. When Zico arrived back at the room Rose was already in the security system. She could see everything and even control things if she wanted to.

Down in Kikwang’s underground headquarters alerts were blaring telling him that someone had hacked into his very sophisticated system.  Kikwang was scrambling to gain control again. This was the first time someone had ever managed to hack in. This was not good, because he had cameras in places that wouldn’t normal have them. It was a precaution incase someone came close to discovering their secrete underground lair or the passageways they’d created throughout  the hotel to get to the lair.

“What’s the matter?” asked Yoseob walking into the room carrying a box of blood. Kikwang could smell it.

“Someone has hacked into our system.” Said Kikwang quickly switching keyboards

“What!” exclaimed Yoseob quickly setting the box down and rushing over to where Kikwang was, “Can you stop them?”

“I’m trying,” he said sounding frustrated, “do me a favorer and use the cameras to narrow down who is using a computer in a private location. If I can figure out where they are then I can shut off the internet in that section and stop them.”

Yoseob quickly got to work helping Kikwang. Besides Kikwang Yoseob was the best at computers. Before Kikwang had joined them Yoseob had created the whole security system that Kikwang used now. Of course Kikwang had made his own modifications. Within ten minutes they had located the source of the hack and had shut down the internet. When they looked closer at the security feed the boys noticed it was the same girl who had called Kikwang her oppa.

“What happened?” asked Doojoon running into the room.

“We had a security breach.” Said Kikwang, “But we’re okay now.”

“Do we know where the security break came from?” asked Doojoon.

“Yes,” stated Yoseob pulling out a unit of blood and tearing into it, “room 502, Rose Martin is staying in that room.”

Doojoon looked at Kikwang. Things were starting to get more complicated with this Rose Martin, Kikwang had already spotted her looking around the hotel in odd places, places that guests usually ignore and she asked lots of odd questions too. Doojoon didn’t want to do it but it looked like he may have to.

“Kikwang perhaps it is time that you get your memories back.”

“Hyung you know it’s something that I can’t just will back.” Said Kikwang.

“Yes, but Hyunseung can help you, he can get them back for you.”

The room fell silent. Everyone knew what Doojoon meant, they also knew that Doojoon only used it as a last resort.

I am so sorry I haven't posted anything recently. I've just been busy with chrismtas stuff and didn't get the chance to write a lot. But oh, vamprie history, What did you think? How do you think Hyunseung is going to get Kikwang's memory back? Please comment and subscribe.