Chapter 2

Blood Line

"Kikwang you know that Junhyung has that press conference today for that pop group Infinite right?” said Doojoon waking into the room and opening up a bag of AB blood and it through a straw like a milkshake.

“Ya,” said Kikwang looking up from his drawing, “have you guys found out anything more that girl?”

“We’re looking,” said Hyunseung tossing the rabbit into the trash that he’d just finished drinking, “so far no leads.”

“Which is unusual right?” said Kikwang, “I mean the council keeps taps on everyone.”

“No, not necessarily, you have to be one of us or get on their radar in a different way. But she does look a bit familiar. I looked over the security footage last night.”

“Guys something is wrong.” Said Dongwoon popping into the room, “my senses are acting up.”

“How much,” asked Doojoon worried.

“Not a lot, but enough  Lee Joon isn’t on his way, that’s for sure, but someone else is here. I can’t tell who as right now the threat isn’t that big.”

“Okay well keep us posted on if it changes.” Said Hyunseung.

“Of course.”

            Meanwhile Rose was roaming the hotel trying to get a general feel of the place. There was a lot to do in a week if she wanted to complete this mission and move on to the next. But she also knew that these people were crafty and sneaky so she had to be careful and meticulous when it came to clearing this place. When she first entered the lobby she didn’t see the blond haired guy who had checked her in the previous night. He must have gone home. But just then she saw him walking up with another guy. This guy had a completely different aura about him. He was taller than the blond boy had a bit of a bigger build then the blond boy. This guy also gave off a bit of a bad boy vibe with his jet black Mohawk that was swept to one side of his head, and despite being inside he was wearing a pair of black sunglasses. Rose recognized the young man from the research she’d done last night, he was Yong Junhyung. It looked as though the two of them were in some sort of serious discussion. Rose stepped out of sight but not too far away that she couldn’t hear what they were saying.

“So when is Hyunseung and Doojoon  leaving for the council meeting?” asked the blond boy.

“They said tonight, but they’re also concerned. Lee Joon is now a prominent  member of the council and he’s never liked Doojoon. He may not grant their request.”

“But Lee Joon is only one voice.” Said Yoseob

“True, but his voice has a lot of weight as he is one of the originals along with Doojoon and Hyunseung.”

“But he’s the Maknae too. G.O. is the oldest. Wont it be his opinion that matters?”

“Yes,” Junhyung sighed, “it’s just all very complicated and if the vote is split they may send someone here.”

“and you’re afraid it will be Lee Joon or Thunder.”

            Something was definitely up. Lee Joon, G.O., Thunder those were all names Rose had heard thrown around before but their files were marked classified so even she couldn’t get into them. She was going to have to talk to her supervisor, but she needed to do some more digging. Her stomach growled, first breakfast. Rose was enjoying her fluffy pancakes with strawberries, whip cream, eggs, and bacon when she overheard a customer complaining about her breakfast.

“this is supposed to be light and fluffy!” yelled the women, “THIS IS NOT LIGHT AND FLUFFY!’

Rose glanced around and saw a women in her early thirties yelling at a poor waiter, flinging the pancake in the poor boys face. An instant later the blond boy, Yoseob, walked up.

“Can I help you ma’am?” he said in a sweet, almost honey like voice.

“YEAH!” she yelled, “this IDIOT served me a floppy pancake and the bacon is way to greasy.”

Yoseob picked up the plate and glanced at the food.

“You are quiet correct ma’am, but please don’t take it out on my waiter, “ he said flashing his big smile, “I will go talk to the chef and get this remade.”

“Alright,” said the lady in a very calm voice, almost like she had completely forgotten why she was mad.

            Rose was watching all of this with a very keen eye, she had never seen a manager calm down an angry customer so fast. Even from the first word the manager seemed to have got things under control and calmed her down. The more and more Rose looked at the situation the more it looked a little strange. Something was definitely different at this hotel. And she hadn’t been there twenty-four hours yet. Of course last night when she started doing research things had seemed a little off then too. She had discovered that most of the higher level management were rather famous, both for their abilities and their looks.

            As it was not unusual for the CEO of a hotel to be well known it was unusual for the rest of the management to be so well known. Plus all of them  were around the same age. Yoon Doojoon was the first person on the list. He, along with Jang Hyunseung, were the CEO’s and owners of the hotel. They had supposedly inherited the hotel from their fathers but before  they started being involved in the hotel there wasn’t much on them And that was the same for everyone else. Yong Junhyung was the person in charge of events and entertainment, and despite his bad boy looks and image he did his job well and could get just about anyone to come to the hotel.  Yang Yoseob, the blond boy, he was the customer service manager and the most prominent face of the six of them. Son Dongwoon was next, he was the chef and many considered the best looking, although he was in the kitchen most of the time when he did make his appearance people, especially women, flocked to catch a glimpse of the young man with sculpted features. Last was Lee Kikwang, and besides his name the only other thing known about him was the fact that he was the head of security. No other information had been released, not even a photo. With the popularity of the other heads of departments it was strange that not a single photo of Lee Kikwang had been released.

“Ya Dongwoon-ah!” yelled Yoseob when he reached the kitchen to find his dongsaeng happily cooking

“Oh, what’s up?” he said tossing tomatoes in a sauce pan.

“you’ve got to remake an order,” he said tossing the plate at Dongwoon, who easily caught it.

“I told them not to take this order out!” said Dongwoon almost loosing his temper.

Yoseob saw Dongwoon’s eyes turn green for a moment, his true eye color burning through his colored contacts. Yoseob touched him slightly and he calmed down.

“I’ll redo it and send it up myself. And I’ll find out who sent this up without my say.” Said Dongwoon glaring at his staff.

“whatever you do, just keep it clean.” Sighed Yoseob, knowing the younger one’s tendency.

            Kikwang was board.  The entire week nothing exciting had happen. In fact nothing for the last month had happened. Except, of course,  that girl Rose arriving the previous night. But that really wasn’t anything as she posed no threat.  He knew that Junhyung had a big important press conference that weekend but that was ages away for Kikwang. Everyone else got to lead practically normal lives while he got stuck in the maze that was the basement since the day he’d been turned. Kikwang stepped away from his monitors for a minute to go grab a new pad of paper and pencils. Since his days were spent alone watching the monitors Kikwang spent much of his time drawing, at first he hadn’t been good but within a couple days he had gotten very good and could now just about draw anything. The walls were covered with is pieces of artwork anything from customers he found interesting to the boys, landscapes, and abstract pieces. Kikwang was just finishing his sixth drawing for that morning when he heard Junhyung over his ear piece.

“I need you up here,” I’ve got a mob boys lurking around my event area. I need you to get him out of here.”

“Be right there.” Said Kikwang

            It was rare for Junhyung to ask him to personally show up in the main floor but when it came to people that were hard to control, Kikwang’s personal gifts of being invisible and slightly faster than the rest often proved to be very handy. When Kikwang arrived upstairs it was easy to spot who Junhyung was talking about even without Junhyung pointing him out. Kikwang sent a message to his head security guard on the floor to ask the gang boss to leave. Then he just sat back and watched. After watching the interaction between the two of them it was clear that the boss wasn’t going to leave. Kikwang was going to have to step in. He first looked at Junhyung, making sure it was alright to step in, when Junhyung gave him a knowing look Kikwang stepped forward. Kikwang grabbed the boss and in a flash like lighting they were out of the hotel and ten blocks away. Kikwang knocked the gang boss unconscious before removing his memories and replacing them with something else. Then he returned to the hotel as fast as he’d left. Still invisible. That night Dongwoon told Kikwang to join him on the rooftop to help him finish something off.

“Isn’t he a little young,” said Kikwang taking a look at the seventeen year old boy that Dongwoon had brought to the roof top.

“If he’s allowed to work  here then no.”

“Who are you?” asked the boy looking at Kikwang with a slightly scared look.

“I’m Kikwang, the chief of security,” he said with a slight smirk, “Hyung he’s so small I don’t know if there’ll be enough for both of us.”

“Both of you?” said the boy, “what are you talking about.”

“Manse how many times have I told you mistakes aren’t acceptable,” said Dongwoon removing his contacts revealing both his emerald green eyes and the fangs that were starting to show.

“You’re…you’re not human!” said the boy in a terrified voice.

“No, we’re not,” said Kikwang also revealing his sharp fangs.

Oh no, what is Rose there to find out? Will the councile let Kikwang finally come out of the shadows. and what is Rose's connection to Kikwang? Please, please comment and subscribe