Chapter 4

Blood Line

                

Chapter 4

            This was not good. Ilhoon and Thunder were not called out away from the council often. If they were spotted out of  Jeju, where the council was located, it meant that something big was going on or someone had done something serious against the code.  If they were  here to investigate Kikwang it meant that Hyunseung and Doojoon hadn’t fully convinced the council that Kikwang was ready to gain his freedom. Kikwang’s pale skin turned paler. He had never met Thunder or Ilhoon but he had heard stories from everyone else about them. Ilhoon was the strongest vampire that Doojoon had come across and getting into a fight with him would not end well. Thunder, like his name, could bring about a thunder storm and he didn’t have to be outside to do it either. The four of them were a couple steps away from the room when Kikwang remembered he wasn’t wearing a shirt, he grabbed the sweater that was laying on the back of his chair and quickly put it on just is Doojoon, Hyunseung, Ilhoon, and Thunder walked through the door.

            Of the two of them Ilhoon looked the more intimidating.  He had gray-blond hair that  had part of the sides shaved short so that his bangs swept across his face. He had intense deep red eyes that contrasted his caramel pale skin.  He wore black leather pants with a leather jacket that had silver studs along the collar,  His shirt was black with a touch of color from the dark rose pattern. Thunder on the other was different then Ilhoon. His skin was the same tone as Ilhoon’s but that was the only that was similar. Thunder’s eyes were a deep purple. His hair was the blackest of black.  His dark navy blue and gold suit jacket and dress shirt could not hide his strong built muscular body.

“Junhyung,” said Thunder, “Good to see you again.”

“It has been a while,” said Junhyung

“You must be Kikwang,” said Ilhoon speaking for the first time as he summed up Kikwang.

“Y….Yes,” stammered Kikwang.

“So guys what is going on. Why are you here? I can’t imagine we did anything wrong.” Laughed Yoseob a little.

“No, but the council isn’t comfortable with letting Kikwang out of the open just yet. Particularly since there are five of you here already.” Said Thunder

“Having six vampires in Seoul is bad enough, Kikwang’s…..abilities could lead to difficulties.” Said Ilhoon.

“So you’re here to what? Watch Kikwang?” asked Dongwoon.

“Yes,” said Thunder, “We’ll be here for a week watching Kikwang and the rest of you.  If we don’t see anything that gives us concern then Kikwang can come out of the shadows.”

“I need some air.” Said Kikwang.

            Kikwang scaled the stairs to the rooftop and sat on the ledge.  All he could think about was trying impress Ilhoon and Thunder, but things could also go horribly wrong. If Kikwang was having a bad day then he could get out of control. If that happened then his hopes of being free would be dashed forever. If that happened then Kikwang wasn’t sure he wanted to stay at the Crystal Rose. The next week could change everything for him. It was around three in the morning when Hyunseung came up to the rooftop.

“Hey, you alright?” he asked sweeping his red hair out of his eyes.

“I’m just frustrated that is all.” Sighed Kikwang.

“You’ll be fine, Ilhoon and Thunder aren’t as scary as you guys think. All you have to do is be yourself, and we all know you can do that.”

“How am I supposed to do that with them breathing down my neck?”

“Just don’t worry about it. The four of us have been friends for a long time. I am sure we can convince them that you are in control and safe.”

            Hyunseung patted Kikwang on the back and then returned to his office. He told Kikwang not to stay out to late. Kikwang returned inside half an hour later. Ilhoon was in Kikwang’s office looking at his drawings. When Kikwang glanced at his monitors he saw Yoseob and Doojoon showing Thunder around the hotel. During the rest of the night Ilhoon was in the room with Kikwang carefully watching what he was doing and taking in every movement.

            In the morning Rose had finished her research and the blood sample had been checked against every database the government had. There were no hits.  So who’s ever blood it had been had not broken a single law. Basically the perfect citizen. When she walked down to the lobby Rose noticed that among some of the staff there seemed to be a different atmosphere. Yoseob didn’t look as bright as he had the last day. She also spotted Junhyung, Yoseob, and Hyunseung (one of the owners) talking in hushed tones. Rose wondered what going on. Since she’d arrived Rose had never seen Hyunseung or Doojoon, she’d heard that it was rare for them to appear in the lobby and that they left most of the running of the hotel to Yoseob and Junhyung. Just as she was about to go and meet her superior Rose saw two other men approach Hyunseung, Yoseob, and Junhyung.  Rose had to take a double look but she was certain that the two young men that walked up were on the Board’s most wanted list! She quickly snapped a picture on her phone and left. Zico would know if the two young men were on the wanted list.

“Sorry, I got caught in traffic.” Said Rose as she sat down across from Zico.

“That’s okay, what have you found out so far?”

“Nothing much. It seems rather normal. Except for two reasons.”

“Oh, what are they?” asked Zico setting down his iced Americano

“First, one of the waiters has gone missing. Something happened with a customer and the next day he wasn’t at work. I overheard a couple waiters talking and one of them had seen the missing employee go up to the roof with the chef. After that no one has seen him and his locker wasn’t cleaned out either.”

“Maybe he’s just sick.”

“I don’t think so sir,” said Rose, “I went to the rooftop and found blood, I couldn’t find a match but why would a hotel rooftop have blood stains?”

“That is a little strange. What was the other odd thing you found out?”

“I saw these two young men in the lobby on my way out today. They look a bit like the top two on our most wanted list.” Said Rose showing Zico the picture on her phone.  

Zico took a good look at the photo, and then spoke in a grave tone.

“This just got a whole lot more interesting. Rose be careful. Don’t approach these two. I am going to talk to my superiors today and then stop by, okay.”

“Alright.” She said putting her phone away.

“And Rose, good work,”

            On her way back to the hotel Rose wondered what Zico had seen when he saw the photo. Were those two good looking guys really that dangerous? Although it wouldn’t surprise her. In Rose’s line of work dangerous guys came in all shapes and sizes. But whatever it was it certainly had Zico worried, he had even looked a little scared.  When she stepped back into the lobby it was clear something had happened. Yoseob and a security guard were trying to pin a guy down. But it wasn’t working to well, he kept escaping.  Almost an instant later a young man in his late teens appeared, he had a curly blond Mohawk and dark eyes. He grabbed the guy and threw him against the wall pinning him with one hand.

“Ya, take it easy,” whispered Yoseob in Kikwang’s ear.

Yoseob released the guy after handcuffing him and handed him over the to security guard. It was then that Rose got a good look at the blond haired young man. Her heart stopped. It couldn’t be, there was no one. He was dead!

“Kikwang oppa!” she said in a little more than a whisper.

No one else may not have heard her but Yoseob and Kikwang did, the turned around and fixed their cold eyes on her.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it is rather short. But I had to leave it at this part haha. What do you think is the conection between Rose and Kikwang? what do you think is the type of organization that Rose and Zico are working for that have Junhyung and Hyunseung on a most wanted list? Please subscribe and comment. All suggestions and advice are welcome.