Prolog

Blood Line

            It was late Halloween night. Kikwang was on his way home from a Halloween party with some of his best friends. He might have had just a little to much to drink but it felt like someone, or something was fallowing him. But every time he looked over his shoulder there was no one there. Kikwang eventually decided that it was just his mind playing tricks on him. He had watched a Halloween horror movie with his friends and that might have put him a little on edge. Since it was late and Kikwang just wanted to get home he decided to take the back way. It was mostly back streets and alleys but it was the fastest way to get back to his little apartment. He was almost home when he felt a sudden strong wind wipe right past him and it felt like someone had bumped into him hard. The next instant he crumpled to the ground in white hot pain running through his veins. It was so painful that it was blinding him. Kikwang didn’t know how long he’d been unconscious but when he started to come to he heard a velvety voice speaking.

“You did the neck! You know we’re not supposed to do that!”

“Where else was I supposed to do it? He had bracelets on his wrist. The neck was easiest to get to.” Said  a second voice, this one deeper than the other.

“Oh he’s waking up.’ Said a third voice

As Kikwang started to wake up he saw five pairs of eyes staring at him. But the eyes were different. One boy had bright pink eyes in contrast to his dark skin and his black hair with blond highlights. He looked like he was the youngest. The next pair of eyes that Kikwang saw were a pair of bright blood red eyes. His hair was inky black, part of it was parted to one side revealing his shaved side burn and under layer. Like his eyes the highlights in his hair were blood red. The next pair of eyes were mystic gray eyes that matched the hairstyle. Which was completely shaved on one side sweeping his black hair to the other side. Two other pairs of eyes were staring at him. One was a set of bright blue eyes that belonged to a young man that had short black hair. Lastly was a pair of bright green eyes that went with a blond gray hairstyle. This boy looked to be the oldest among them. There was one more thing that Kikwang noticed about the young men, underneath their caramel skin was a faint white layer.

“Wo, wo, take it easy,” said the boy with pink eyes as Kikwang tried to get up.

“What’s your name?” asked the boy with the blue eyes,

“Kikwang,” he manage to scratch out, just then noticing that his throat was burning from being dry.

“You should’ve introduced us first.” Said the boy with the gray eyes.

“True,” laughed the blue eyed boy.

            So they all introduced themselves. The boy with the red eyes was Hyunseung, the pink eyed and bright boy was Yoseob, the intimidating one with the gray eyes was Junhyung, the blue eyed boy said he was the oldest and his name was Doojoon. Kikwang was shocked to discover that the green eyed boy was actually the Maknae, Dongwoon. Before they got any further though a lean man with dark hair that covered his eye barged into the room, the one eye you could see was a vivid violet.

“Lee Joon!” exclaimed Doojoon.

“Doojoon,” he said sternly, “I thought the council had told you not to create anymore. You have enough….”

“How’d you know?” asked Junhyung shocked

“Have you forgotten the Originals have eyes everywhere?” said Lee Joon in a coy voice.

“No,” said Junhyung stammering slightly and stepping away from Lee Joon’s intimidating gaze.

“Lee Joon, I promise this is the last one, we need him,” said Doojoon glancing at Kikwang.

Lee Joon looked passed the boys and fixed his gaze on Kikwang.

“Fine,” he said in an icy cold voice, “but keep him out of sight, there are to many of you in this city as it is. If news reaches us that you’re doing otherwise then he wont be the only taken care of.”

Lee Joon left as suddenly as he’d appeared and one could feel the tension in the room immediately disappear.

“Here,” said Hyunseung handing Kikwang a large hand mirror, “take a look at yourself, I think it suits you. You look much better than how we found you.”

Kikwang took a look in the mirror and almost dropped it. His eyes were a bright yellow, his face had that faint white undertone and when he opened his mouth in shock a pair of long white fangs appeared.

“You,...’re. I’m….”   stuttered Kikwang.

“A vampire,” said Dongwoon finish it off for him revealing his own pair of long white fangs.