The tour

Always at your side

BAP left for South America 2 days after their concert in Korea. 

Daehyun had called home and got Ellie's number from his mom. 

Using the other members phones, he tried calling her multiple times, but she never answered.

He didn't want to leave for the tour without talking to her, but it seemed like he didn't have a choice. 

The fact that she wasn't answering her phone made him wonder.

Had he caused too much damage? Too much hurt? Had she decided she didn't want to wait any longer?

He should've called her sooner...

He couldn't seem to relax, couldn't seem to think of anything else.

He wanted so badly to talk to her, explain things...had she been waiting for him somewhere and he'd missed her and now she thought she'd been stood up?

 

The boys waited in the airport, lounging in their seats as they waited for their time to board the plane.

Daehyun sat, bouncing his knee, biting his lip, thoughts jumbled in his head.

Himchan was sitting next to Dae, head tilt back against the wall behind them, hat pulled down low, eyes closed and arms crossed across his chest.

"If you don't stop bouncing your leg, i'm going to kill you." he mumbled groggily.

"Sorry hyung." he said softly.

Himchan lift the bill of his hat and side-eyed Daehyun. "What's wrong with you?"

"What?" he said only half paying attention.

Himchan sat up in his seat and pulled his hat off, brushing his hair back with his hand. "I said, what's wrong with you. You never apologize to me for anything, and you're acting like a nervous wreck, you've been bouncing your leg for an hour and you keep biting your lip."

"Oh." Dae said.

He stopped bouncing his leg and sighed, slouching in his seat.

"Well?" Himchan asked.

Dae looked over at the maknae's who were watching something together on Zelo's phone. Next to them Youngjae sat, biting his fingers and playing on his phone with his earbuds in. He wasn't sure where Yongguk hyung had gone.

He turned back to Himchan and cleared his throat. 

"I'm worried. I'm stressed. This whole thing with Ellie...I tried calling her for the last two days and she wont answer her phone. We were supposed to meet the other day to talk about things...us...and i never found her, and i lost my phone so i couldn't call her and find out where she was..and now i'm wondering if i screwed things up...maybe she hates me, doesn't want to see me anymore, or maybe she thinks i stood her up when really i just lost my phone...I'm so stupid, I didnt call or text her after my Dad's funeral for months and now we are going on tour and i was hoping to talk to her before we went but thats not going to happen...i don't know what to do. If she wont answer my calls, the only thing i can do is go see her, but I dont' even know when we'll ever get a break.. and..
 

"Geez Dae, slow down would you?" Himchan said, cutting Dae off mid-ramble. "Look, I think you're over thinking this a bit. We don't know what happened the other day. Without your phone, its very possible the two of you just missed each other or, who knows, maybe she lost her phone too...you two are a lot alike...." he teased. "We're only going to be gone a month. Maybe see if you can get ahold of her mom? Get a message to her that way. Keep trying to get ahold of her while we're overseas. Yongguk is requesting time off as soon as we get back. Things will work out just slow down, take it one step at a time. Stressing and worrying over it isn't going to help anything."

Dae nodded slowly, then glanced back over at the others to make sure he wouldn't be overheard.

"Hyung...I...I slept with her...one of the nights after my Dad died."

Himchan said nothing, but the surprise was evident on his face.

"It just..happened...I was hurting and I couldn't stand to be in the house, so i went to hers...you know, just to get away from things for a minute...i ended up crying and just pouring my heart out and ...next thing i know...well..."

"Ah." Himchan said, nodding his head. "Guess that makes things a little more complicated."

"The next morning i left without even saying anything." he said letting his head drop in embarassment. "I came back to Seoul...she tried calling and texting me and I just ignored her."

"Geez Daehyun."

The boy slouched, resting his head on Himchan's shoulder. "I messed up. That's why it was so important that I meet her the other day...we were supposed to talk about things...I wasn't sure how i felt about her, you know, after losing my Dad my head was such a mess...but god I love her...I know I do..."

"But she doesn't know it..." Himchan finished.

"Mm." Dae agreed sadly. "She's been my best friend for so long...i'm so scared I ruined things. I just wanted to be sure my feelings were true and not a result of losing my Dad."

"How does she feel about you?"

"The same I think."

"You think?"

"Hyung." Dae whined.

"You idiot." Himchan said.

"I don't know why it's taken me so long. I'm so stupid."

"I won't aruge with that." Himchan teased.

Dae groaned. 

"Look..." Himchan continued. "You've been through a lot the last couple months, it's been stressful and not getting much off time doesn't help. Don't beat yourself up. I'm sure Ellie understands. Besides, it's not like you forced yourself on her, i mean, you were hurting and you naturally went to see her because you needed comfort and you found it. She's probably just as confused as you are."

Dae sighed.

"Here." Himchan said, handing Dae his phone. "Use my phone. Text her. If she is avoiding your call, she cant avoid a text, not without at least seeing it before she deletes it right? Tell her what happened, apologize, and tell her you'll see her when you get back. There is literally nothing you can do about it right now, and you'll only make yourself sick worrying, so let her know what happened, plan to meet when we get back. You guys have been friends forever, i'm sure you'll get this worked out. Stop stressing."

Dae took Himchans phone and held it in his lap.

Couldn't hurt to send her a text right?

 

Ellie... he began.

Look, Ells, I love you ok...I don't know what happened, but I lost my phone at the concert the other day, and I couldn't find you afterward, but i looked everywhere for you. I understand if you are mad at me, but i want you to know how sorry i am, and i really truly love you. Im at the airport right now...we are about to leave on tour...I really wanted to see you before i went....but i'll be back in a couple weeks, and if it's ok, i really want to see you when i get back...god i miss you...i'm such a fool Ells. I love you. You'll wait for me right?

 

Once it sent, he handed the phone back to Himchan, feeling slightly relieved. 

"Thank you hyung."

"Mm." Himchan nodded leaning back in his seat again and pulling his hat down over his eyes. "Now stop bouncing your leg before i have to break it. And for the love of god, don't walk out on a woman the morning after sleeping with her. Idiot."

 


The tour kept them busy, thankfully, making time pass quickly.

Before they'd landed in South America, Himchan had received a failed notice text, indicating that Dae's text was never received. It said that number was not in use, which only added to Dae's worry. He thought maybe he'd sent it to the wrong number so he tried calling her again, but he got the same message when he called. That meant Ellie had changed her number. Even if she had lost her phone, she could still use the same number when she got a new one...

Why would she change her number? Dae asked himself over and over.

But he could only ever come to one conclusion.

She hated him.

He couldn't think of any other possible explanation.

And it broke his heart.

He went through the motions, performing on stage, greeting fans, forcing a smile when he had to...but inside he was sad, desperate to talk to Ellie, but there was nothing he could do from another country.

He told himself to keep pushing through, and he'd go to see her when they returned home. He didn't care if the company didn't give them a break, he'd drive home himself and drive back the same night if he had to. He had to talk to Ellie and explain things.


Once the tour had ended, they headed back to Korea. 

Dae's spirits had lifted slightly now that they were headed home. 

He fully intended to head home the moment he had time to spare, and talk to Ellie. 

 

First things first, when they returned to Korea they had to head to the TS building for a meeting with the CEO to discuss what was next, and Yongguk was going to ask again for a break.

 

The boys all filed into the CEO's office and sat in the chairs, waiting for him to arrive.

They were suffering from jet lag and were eager to get back to the dorm to rest.

The two youngest however, couldn't seem to sit still and were horsing around and giggling near a table in the corner of the room.

"Yah, how do you two still have energy enough to be so noisy?" Himchan groaned, massaging his temples.

"Sorry hyung." Zelo said, just as Jongup poked him in the stomach making him lurch away, giggling, and bumped into the table, sending a box crashing to the floor.

"Hey!" The three oldest said in unison.

"Ah, sorry." the maknaes said bending down to pick up the spilled contents and put it back into the box.

Daehyun sighed, growing impatient, wanting to quickly get out of here so he could make plans.

Suddenly, Zelo picked something up from the floor, a confused look on his face, and turned toward the older members. 

"Daehyunnie hyung....isn't this yours?" he asked holding something up.

Daehyun turned to look at what Zelo was holding and his eyes widened.

"My phone!" he called out, jumping to his feet and crossing the room to take it from Zelo. 

Zelo looked at Jongup then back to Daehyun."Why was it in this box?" Zelo asked.

"They must've found it somewhere while we were on tour." Daehyun said, turning it on. 

Once the phone , he went straight to his texts, hoping to find a message from Ellie.

The other 5 boys in the room watched as Dae's eyes traveled across the tiny screen...and looked on as his expression went from one of joy, to one of horror.

"What...I can't..." he started.

"Daehyun what is it?" Yongguk asked noting the look on his face. 

Dae read over the texts in his phone again, slowly.

 I have something I need to tell you.

Dae,... I think i'm pregnant  

And?  .... Was the response that followed..the funny thing was, he hadn't sent it. This was his first time seeing these messages.

A couple more lines followed, ending with: Daehyun, what is wrong with you, why are you behaving like this?  Which was followed by instructions to meet by the stage.

He shook his head slowly, fear rising in his gut, making him sick to his stomach.

Pregnant? He couldn't believe it. 

He couldn't seem to process it. 

But someone had responded in his place, and rather negatively at that.

"Daehyun," Himchan said getting up from his chair, "What's wrong with you?"

"Hyung.." Dae said near tears as he handed the phone to Himchan, Yongguk coming up along side both of them to read over their shoulders. "I didn't write this...The last thing i sent to her was the message asking if she'd arrived at the venue....after that i had to get dressed so i never saw her response..." Suddenly his eyes widened. "I remember i put my phone down on the couch when i went to change...one of the staff must've found it...but who would do this...why would they do this..."

Yongguk clenched his jaw as he finished reading. "I think i have an idea."

"What the heck happened...someone met her...and didn't tell me about it...they kept her from seeing me?" Dae said flabbergasted.

"And I have a feeling it has something to do with why you haven't been able to get ahold of her since." Yongguk said.

Pregnant... The word echoed around inside Dae's head.

What if she was?

And now she was all alone, dealing with it on her own...

And he hadn't even known....

She must've been so hurt by those texts.....

What a mess....

"Hyung..." Dae said looking to Yongguk with desperation in his eyes, not knowing what to say or do.

Just as Yongguk was about to respond, the door opened and the CEO came in, wearing his usual suit and tie.

He walked to his desk and sat down. 

"Well, good to see you boys, the tour went well, as expected." He grinned across the desk at them.

"Sir..." Daehyun started, glancing at Yongguk for the ok.

Yongguk didn't stop him so he continued. "Why was my phone here, in your things?" he motioned to the box now sitting back on the table in the corner.

If he hadn't been watching closely, he would have missed the momentary look of shock in the CEO's face.

But he recovered quickly and smiled at them. 

"Ah yes, one of the staff found it after you left for tour and brought it to me to return to you. And why were you going through my stuff?" the CEO asked.

Zelo spoke up. "It was my fault sir, I bumped into the table and the box fell on the floor."

The CEO gave Zelo a disapproving look before returning to Dae. 

"Sir..someone used my phone to text a friend of mine...it seems they met up with her after our last show before tour...I haven't been able to get ahold of her since."

"Well, that is unfortunate." he replied. 

Dae shook his head. "It was one of the staff. I left my phone on the couch in the waiting room before going on stage. I had to change quickly and i forgot about it. When we finished it was gone. I asked everyone if they'd seen it."

The CEO shrugged. "You should learn to keep better track of your things Daehyun. Now, as for your upcoming schedule-"

Yongguk cut him off. "Cut the crap."

The CEO seemed shocked, but quickly recovered. "I'm sorry?"

"Where is she?" Yongguk asked in a disgusted tone. "What did you do?"

"Where is who?"

Dae felt a lump growing in his throat, making it hard to swallow.

Himchan could sense how pissed Yongguk was getting and stepped in. "Sir, Daehyun invited a close friend to our Seoul concert. She text him something private, and important....but he never received it, instead someone else told her to meet them by the stage. I'm sure you saw the message. Please just tell us what happened."

The CEO smirked, annoyed at Himchan's words. 

"Sir...my fr--my girlfriend may be pregnant, it's very important that i find her." Dae pleaded desperately.

The CEO turned to Dae, hands folded in front of him on the desk.

"Maybe you should have thought about that before you got yourself into that situation."

"What happened that day?" Yongguk demanded.

The CEO sighed, annoyed. "We sent her away." he said offering no explanation.

"Sent...away??" Dae asked bewildered. "But..."

Seeing that there was no avoiding it, the CEO gave in. "Please...a girl like that...she will ruin you Daehyun! Do you want to lose your career over her? Is it that worth it? What do you think will happen if rumor gets out you have a girlfriend, or worse, that she's carrying your child?? That would be the end for you, for the rest of BAP...you really want to do that?"

"That wasn't your decision to make!" Yongguk shot back.

The CEO turned to look at him. "And you, how did you let something like this happen?"

Dae shook his head. "Don't, it's not his fault. I take full responsibility for what happened, but just the same, you shouldn't have done this...you had someone text her pretending to be me, then you threatened her and sent her away. How could you do this??"

"I was only looking out for you, and the other members."

"You were only looking out for your money." Himchan shot back.

Yongguk turned to the youngest three. "Youngjae, get them home please." he said nodding toward the maknaes.

Youngjae glanced to the CEO then back to Yongguk and stood and nodded.

The CEO looked at them annoyed. 

Frustrated, Dae slammed his fist down on the CEO's desk. "What EXACTLY did you say to her?"