KyuMin

SHinee Cafe

It was a quiet day at the café when the door was suddenly thrown open. The three waiters all looked up in surprise from their different activates at the noise but relaxed when they realized it was just Heechul. The diva was one of their most common regular customers and always made time to visit them during the week. Of course, when visiting he always had to make a grand entrance and cause chaos to the employees. The only one who seemed to get out of the teasing and harassing was Ryeowook whom Heechul had a soft spot towards. Or it may have been the fact that Yesung was always there to counter anything the diva did so he gave up trying. But whatever the case, it was always an interesting experience when Heechul arrived on the scene.

The diva had a smirk on his face as he coolie made his way to the register. Onew raised an eyebrow but knew his proper etiquettes, especially when dealing with a hyung like this one. He placed down the Sudoku puzzle he was working on and bowed politely to the older man. Minho set aside the broom and Jonghyun set down the rag he was using to wipe tables with and the pair went over to the counter as well. Ryeowook was too busy working on a new piece to be distracted.

"How may we help you today Heechul hyung?" Onew asked politely.

"I'll tell you in a minute, we need to wait for Leeteuk to arrive." The diva explained with a wave of his hands. "Until then, get me a bubble tea."

"Yes hyung." Jonghyun automatically responded as he went to the kitchen. As it turned out, Jonghyun became Heechul's main server, something that Onew thought was so he could rile up Key and have a verbal battle with the diva chef.

"Where is that Teukie? I have a great idea for this place and he should be here to hear it."

"An idea for here?"

"Yes, something to get you guys more customers." Heechul explained with a wave of his hand.

"More customers?" Minho asked in bewilderment. "But hyung we already have doubled in size of our customer amount."

"Are you arguing with your hyung, Minho?" Heechul asked in a challenging voice as he shot a look towards the other.

"Of course not hyung." Minho quickly replied. He knew better than to argue with Heechul, he was a devil at times and even worse when Hangeng wasn't around to calm him down. "What is your idea?"

"I'll tell you when Leeteuk gets here." Heechul replied as he grabbed the tea from Jonghyun.

At that moment the door to their café opened and entered their owner. Leeteuk had a tired look on his face and seemed to be drained of all energy. His ever present smile and personality seemed to be gone and even his hair had a limp look to it. Instead of flipping it out of is eyes like he was known to do, he merely brushed it aside half heartily. The younger ones were obviously concerned about his lack of action but Heechul had a surprisingly understanding look on his face.

"Ah I know that look anywhere." The diva said as he brought an arm around the other's shoulders. "How long?"

"Two weeks…" Leeteuk muttered with a sigh.

"That's a long time." Heechul agreed with a nod. "What is the raccoon doing? And where?"

"His dad sent him to Japan to close some important deal between the two companies. He left last night and I wont see him for two weeks…" Leeteuk sighed again before a smile slowly appeared on his face. "I miss him already."

"I know, I go crazy when Hannie is gone even for a couple of days."

"Now I know the feeling." Leeteuk replied with a grin. "Enough of this depressing talk, what is this great idea of yours."

"Ah yes, marvel in my magnificence!" Heechul declared as he turned towards his friend. "Have you ever considered having free Wi-Fi at the café?"

"Wi-Fi?"  The others repeated together in confusion.

"Yeah, I was at B2ST the other day and that Yoseob kid was telling me how computer games were really popular right now and places with free Wi-Fi were getting a lot of customers with people who want to play outside of their homes. I thought it would be great if the café had that too."

"You just want an excuse to update your Twitter account while listening to Wookie play." Leeteuk teased with a thoughtful grin. "But that does sound like a good idea."

"Of course it is, when ever do I give you bad ideas?"

There was a pause as Leeteuk looked at Heechul with a raised eyebrow and Heechul rolled his eyes.

"Don’t answer that."

Onew bit his lip to keep from laughing. He has been at the café for a long time but he never got bored with the antics of the owner of the place and his closest friend. Despite their obvious differences in personalities and ideas the pair got a long very well. It was always entertaining to watch. Leeteuk's earlier depression seemed to have vanished as he talked with the Diva and now his trademark laugh echoed through the empty café. The eldest turned towards his manager and smiled that dimple smile.

"So Onew, what do you think of the idea of free internet for this place?"

"I believe it’s a good idea. It will help raise our customer amount as well as bring in a different variety of customers to our café. It will make things more interesting. But I confess, I am not the most talented when it comes to computers."

"That's okay hyung, Taemin is pretty good with computers. He will help out." Minho put in for them.

"Good, and I have the perfect person to get this all installed for us." Leeteuk decided with a grin. "I will contact my father tonight to make sure he is okay with the idea and then tomorrow if all works out I will have a friend of mine put it all in."

"Yah, you're the owner of this café not your father. It's your call in the end either way." Heechul butted in.

"I know, but father's opinion would also be nice to have." Leeteuk easily brushed off with a wave of his hand. "After all he is the pro at all of this."

"Whatever." Heechul dismissed easily.

"Well if that is all for your brilliant plan than I guess we can call it a day." Leeteuk said as he glanced at his watch. "I'd hate to just take off like this, especially since I know Wookie has been working on something lately, but I do have another appointment I have to attend."

Leeteuk turned towards the staff and offered them a big smile. Onew grinned back at the owner as he waved a hand and bolted out of the café. Heechul, complaining as always about Leeteuk's quick departure, followed after the older male. When the pair were gone the trio sighed and grinned at each other.

"I bet we get the Wi-Fi." Jonghyun said.

"Obviously. Although I'm curious who Leeteuk hyung knows that can install it for us."

"Minho, I thought we have realized by now, Leeteuk hyung knows EVERYBODY." Onew explained with a chuckle.

"True enough." The younger male agreed.

***

As it turned out, the friend of their hyung who was a computer genius was actually their age. Cho Kyuhyun was the same age as Onew and Jonghyun but because of the fact he was a genius in all facts of the word, the guy had already finished high school and college a few years above the pair. Specializing in computers, he proved to be the best choice for the task as he quickly got the café set up and running in a mere hour. Onew found him to be quite a useful person when it came to that.

He also found him to be the most snarky brat in the city of Seoul! Kyuhyun had no qualms in firing remarks left and right towards everyone who crossed his path. In fact it was like dealing with a second Heechul, but actually closer to their age. And less of the diva personality. Heechul actually liked him in their first meeting and welcomed the kid to their group with welcome arms.

In fact, Kyuhyun became so quickly welcomed into the group that the members of Shinee Café found themselves with another regular. Although with Kyuhyun there was barely any ordering. He would show up at the café during the week and find a booth away from the sun so he could play his laptop without distraction. In fact, most times he sits in the farthest corner from the register that Onew and the others normally forget that he's even there. It's not until one of the others, normally Heechul or Leeteuk, drags him from his hiding spot and forcing him to socialize that they even see him. But since he never bothered anyone, unlike Heechul who enjoyed causing problems, the others let him be for the most part.

On that particular Sunday the café was in full swing of things. With the new free Wi-Fi the amount of people visiting the place continued to grow. In fact most times Taemin was on the floor with the other three taking orders and cooking in the kitchen just to help out. There was talk about even hiring more people because it was getting busier and busier as time went on. Every table and booth was full with people who were enjoying the café.

The familiar bell rang as Onew was closing the register to another order. Looking up he blinked with slight surprise at the person entering. The person was obviously male, but there was this soft look to his features. He had short black hair and dark eyes that seemed to just radiate friendliness. He wore a light pink shirt and dark blue jeans. He was one of those people that could pull off wearing pink and still look good in it. In fact, a lot of people, both girls and boys paused in their conversations to watch the man enter the café. He made his way to the register with a grin on his face.

"Hello, welcome to Shinee." Onew said automatically to the man. "How may I help you."

"A friend of mine suggested this place and I decided to stop by and check it out. I didn't realize how exactly popular it really was." the man explained with a smile.

"I am glad that you came," Onew glanced around the busy café looking for an opening. "Um, if you wait a moment I can find you a seat."

"No, that's okay," The man replied with a wave of his hands.

"I'll find one myself, there are probably some in the back available and it seems too busy for you to leave your spot."

The man smiled brightly at him and turned away. Onew watched as he went towards the back of the café and to the table that Kyuhyun sat at. The manager watched in amusement as the new person tapped the computer player on the shoulder and smiled cutely to him.

"Is it okay if I sit here?" The man asked. "It's really busy."

"I don’t care." Kyuhyun muttered without looking up from the screen. The man pouted at this but took the seat anyways.

Jonghyun  came over a moment later and got the man's order. As he came by the counter he had an amused smile on his face.

"What?" Onew asked curiously.

"That guy has a pink rabbit charm on both his cell phone and wallet. I saw it when he took them out."

"How is that amusing? Key has a panda on his."

"But Key isn't trying to get Kyuhyun's attention."

Onew glanced over and saw in fact the man was trying to engage Kyuhyun in a conversation.  However the computer genius seemed to be uninterested in everything that the man was saying. It was obvious that this ignoring was bothering the man as the pout on his face became an actual frown. No matter what he did it seemed that it adding to nothing. But Onew knew better. Even from his point of view he noted the hesitation in Kyuhyun's hands. The way the younger would rise his eyes every so often to look at the pouting male. And the smirk that ghosted across his lips when he saw the frown. Kyuhyun was apparently very amused with everything.

When Jonghyun dropped of the man's drink all he got was a small smile. It was obvious the man was upset about being ignored by Kyuhyun. He barely even glanced at the waiter before bringing his drink towards him. Bringing the straw to his lips his sighed into the drink, causing it to create bubbles in the cup. Kyuhyun noticed this and could barely control the twitch of lips that the cute action caused. The man didn't notice this as he glumly sipped his drink.

When he was finally done with his drink he stood up to go pay. However before he could step away from the table and the game addict, Kyuhyun's hand reached out to catch his wrist. The man blinked in surprise and looked at the younger curiously.

"What are you doing?" He asked curiously.

"I'm paying for your drink." Kyuhyun said as he looked up at the surprise man. A smirk graced his lips. "It's the least I can do for all the company you gave me today."

"Wait, you were listening?" The man asked shyly.

"Sure, it's not often I have such a cute bunny to spend my time with." The younger said with a wink. Standing up, Kyuhyun leaned close to the blushing man and whispered in his ear. "I am usually here a few times during the week. I hope to see you again, my cute bunny." With a final smirk he turned and headed to the counter to pay for the man's drink. Onew was biting his lip to keep from laughing.

"So you think I have a chance?" Kyuhyun asked with a grin as he paid the proper amount for the drink.

"Well you defiantly caused an impression." Onew replied in amusement.

"Good." And with a wave to the staff he sauntered out of the café.

Onew grinned as he turned his gaze back to the blushing man. The man seemed to have found his bearings and was making his way over to the counter. Onew schooled his face into the proper professionalism required in the café and addressed the customer.

"How was everything today?" He asked politely.

"Very good thank you." The man replied with a sweet smile. "Um the person I was sitting with…what was his name?"

"Cho Kyuhyun." Onew replied with a grin. "He installed our wireless program and now has become a frequent customer. He's usually here three our four times out of the week."

"Oh…well thank you for that. He seems…interesting." The man trailed off with a blush.

"Not at all…" Onew trailed off as he waited for a name.

"Lee Sungmin." The man introduced himself with a smile. "You can call me Sungmin."

"I am happy to meet you Sungmin shi." Onew replied with a bow.

"Same Onew-shi. I will come again soon I believe." He replied with a smile. He turned to leave and Onew added one final line that caused the older man's face to flare up.

"Kyuhyun will be happy to hear it."

The door close with a ding and Onew couldn't help but chuckle. It seems the café was going to gain some interesting customer's with the new internet service.

***

A couple of days later saw the whole group of Leeteuk's friends at the café. The owner and his boyfriend stopped by to check up on things. A few minutes later Heechul and Hangeng arrived to make their weekly visit to the café. Yesung, who has been busy with a new artist was back and watching Ryeowook play his piano. Even Kyuhyun was with them, something that happened the moment Leeteuk and Heechul realized that the gamer was in his corner. Onew and Minho were happily serving customers and talking with their hyungs when the door rang that familiar ring. Onew turned to greet their new customer and smiled mischievously when he saw it was Sungmin.

"Sungmin hyung!" A voice behind him called.

Surprised, Onew turned and watched as Ryeowook bolted from the piano mid song to tackle the man. Sungmin laughed at this and brightly hugged the pianist.

"Wookie! I miss you! You weren't here last time I visited."

"I'm sorry hyung, I was playing the piano for Yesungie's new artist. She's really talented, I just know she will get far."

"So I've heard. The rumors about her are really encouraging. What's her name again?"

"BoA." Yesung replied as he went over to them. "She has been under the radar for years but she is really talented. I expect many great things from her."

"Ah yes. That's right."

"YAH!" Heechul's annoyed voice broke into their conversation. "If you are not going to play the least you can do is introduce us to your friend."

"I'm sorry hyung!" Ryeowook squeaked as he dragged Sungmin towards the table.

Sungmin had a cheerful smile on his face as he looked at the people sitting there. The smile dropped and a fierce blush appeared on his face when he made eye contact with Kyuhyun. The game addict had a smirk on his face as he stared straight at the other. Leeteuk, not realizing the staring contest going on stood up to start the introductions.

"Hello, my name is Park Jungsu, but you can call me Leeteuk. I am the owner of Shinee Café." He said with a bow.

"It's my pleasure to meet you. My name is Lee Sungmin." The other replied with a bow of his own as he took the elders hand.

"I am the amazing Heechul." The diva introduced himself with a flourish of hand movement. "And this is my equally amazing boyfriend Hangeng."

"Hangeng hyung!" Sungmin replied with a smile. "I didn't know you came here too."

"Wait you know my Hannie?" The other asked in surprise before suspicion appeared. "How do you know my Hannie?"

"Sungmin hyung here owns his own martial arts studio. He is a level three black belt!" Ryeowook explained proudly.

"And my father and I visited his class once." Hangeng explained to his lover. "We had a match to see each other's skills."

"You'd better have won Hannie." Heechul threatened him.

"Well he defiantly gave me a run for my money that's for sure." Hangeng replied with a grin.

The others laughed and Sungmin blushed, pleased with the compliment. It was true he ended up losing the match but he had gained a good partnership with both Hangeng and his family business. Kangin introduced himself next and Sungmin bowed politely to him. Finally it was Kyuhyun. The youngest had a smirk on his face as he stared at Sungmin.

"Hello cute bunny." He said casually. "I see you came back."

"Wait you know each other?" Ryeowook asked curiously.

"Something like that." Kyuhyun replied as he stared at the silent man. "What's the matter, you were so much more talkative the last time you were here."

"And you barely said anything to me." Sungmin replied with his head down. "I thought you found me annoying or something."

"Not at all. I just was enjoying listening to the cute bunny talk is all. But if you like, I wouldn't mind spending more time with you and talking." Another smirk. "Amongst other things of course."

Heechul laughed at this and patted the younger on the back.

"You're evil I love it." He declared with a proud smirk.

"You are too much Kyuhyun." Sungmin replied with a shake of his head. But a cute smile graced his lips. "But I think we can work with that."

Kyuhyun smiled back and caught the other's hand. Tugging it lightly he brought the man to the table and had him sit with them. The rest of the group looked on in amusement at the action. Ryeowook and Yesung went back to the piano to continue playing while the other two couples sat back down at the booth. At the counter Onew was grinning at the whole exchange. Looking over at an equally amused Minho he spoke.

"It seems we are getting ourselves quite the gathering of customers."

"Ah, and I have a feeling we are going to get ourselves a whole handful more."

"Ah." Onew agreed with a smile. Bring it on!