Prologue

SHinee Cafe

There is a small café in the heart of Seoul called Shinee. The place resides in the middle of a usually quiet part of the city, but still is able to get enough patrons to keep it open. Inside the café the main scheme is bright colors and fun music, obviously a place designed for a younger generation to come and enjoy. Which would explain why the main staff was a group of young boys, barely out of high school. Actually one was still there I believe.

The five boys were good friends with each other and none would really consider themselves at a higher level as another but if asked they always would say Lee Jinki, or Onew inside the place, was the boss. Onew worked at the registered and answered the phones and handled all of the tedious paper work. He use to work the floor but one too many times tripping on his own feet and breaking a cup or plate caused him to permantely be placed at the counter. He didn't mind too much, he had the best place in the whole café to watch everything that happened and the people inside. The two who did work the floor were Jonghyun and Minho.  Both were good looking men who had the charms and charisma to woo any girl that came into their café. And their personalities made it possible to sooth any upset boyfriends along the way.  Jonghyun was a little younger than him and Minho a few years. They both were in college with the blond studying music and Minho focusing on sports.

The last two main workers in the café were Kibum "Key" and Taemin. They worked in the kitchen with Key being the main cook and Taemin helping out. Taemin was the youngest of the five and was finishing up in high school so he only came to work in the afternoons and left before it got too late. But Key had a soft spot, well they all did, for the youth and always  tried their best to help him out whenever possible. Minho said he was spoiled but Key denied any claims of that.  Onew grinned as he heard the pair working on a recipe and the voice of Key teaching the younger the finer points in cooking. He was about to head back to see if they needed help, which would never happen since he is as much of a klutz in there as on the floor, when the bell on their door rang indicating a customer.

"Hello! Welcome to Shinee!" He called out with a bright smile and then laughed when he realized who it was. "Hey Joon. Shouldn't you be working?"

Lee Joon, a worker at the next door bookstore called MBLAQ, smiled back at the other. Heading to the counter the youth leaned against it before looking around.

"Yeah, but it's been rather slow lately, and G.O was getting on my nerves." The other replied. "How has things been her?"

"Pretty good since we got a new owner." Onew admitted with a grin. The last boss wasn’t bad, just lazy. And when he thought about closing the place down they were quick to find someone else to take over.

"Yeah, hyung says you guys lucked out with that." Joon agreed. He was talking about their own owner, a man in his late twenties named Rain who not only opened up the shop but handpicked all five of the workers there. He was friends with their new owner and was quick to recommend the other when things looked bad for the café.

"That's good. We appreciate all that Rain-hyung has done for us lately."

"Yeah, well I better get back before he realizes that I'm missing. Or worse, Mir breaking a display case again. Just wanted to pop in and say hi."

Onew laughed at this and waved good bye to the other. Once the other left his counter was taken over by the other four workers.

"What was Joon doing here?"

"Anything interesting hyung?"

Onew laughed again. While this time there was nothing new, Joon was always a good source for gossip. It was him who told them about the new clothing shop called Girls Generation which was run by nine girls. Or the game store called B2ST, or Beast, run by six youths the same age as them. So whenever he came in there was always something interesting to hear about.

"Not this time, he was just stopping by to say hi. Guess it's been pretty quiet next door."

"It's pretty quiet here as well. But knowing Mir it's only a matter of time before he breaks something." Key said with a wave of his hand. The others snickered at this. While Onew was the klutz in the café, Mir was just as bad next door.

"Shouldn't you be working?" Onew asked finally.

"Yeah, yeah. Come along Taemin." Key said as he started heading back to the kitchen.

Onew rolled his eyes at the diva attitude that Key displayed. If it wasn't for the fact that they have all been friends for a while he would have been annoyed. But he just let it be, its Key being himself. Turning back to the slightly empty café he saw Minho had gone back to work to the few customers there but Jonghyun still remained. Raising an eyebrow Onew went back to checking on the cash drawer.

"So…" Jonghyun began lightly.

"Hmm?"

"Is it me or does it feel like something is going to happen soon?"
"Like what?"

"Something, I don’t know, different or exciting?"

"Like Key finally saying yes to a date with you, exciting?" Onew teased with a grin.

Jonghyun glared at the older and shot him a dirty hand gesture. It was always a good laugh to watch as Jonghyun tried and failed in getting the other man to agree to a date. It's not that Key wasn't interested, but he seemed to enjoy the game and attention that Jonghyun gave him. Minho and Onew had a bet going on to see how long it would take Key before he finally said yes.

"Hey! I am your hyung, respect me!" Onew called when the other turned to walk away.

"I'll respect you when you actually act like one." Came the muttered response.

Onew laughed at this and shook his head. But he had to admit, there was a feeling in the air that something different and exciting was going to be happening in their café soon. Looking around the somewhat empty place, the oldest of the five decided to welcome this unknown excitement. They needed it right now.