KangTeuk

SHinee Cafe

The feeling that something was going to happen in the café actually started a few days after the conversation with both Joon and the rest of the staff. Onew was at the counter as usual taking receipts from customers and keeping track of everything happening in the café when the familiar jingle of the door happened. Raising his head, he was about to greet the new arrival when something caught his eye. Both Jonghyun and Minho were standing up straighter than normal and had a slight panic look on their faces. Looking at the door he saw why.

Walking in, wearing a simple white business suite, was the new owner of their shop. Flicking his light brown hair out of his eyes he aimed his trademark dimple smile at Onew and the others before taking a seat in one of the booths near the windows. The two boys on the floor were having a silent conversation across the café about who was actually going to serve the owner. But before they could come to a decision, since neither really wanted to for fear of messing something up, the owner turned his eyes to Onew and waved him over. Taking a deep breath, the oldest of the staff grabbed an extra order pad and made his way over to the older male.

"Good Afternoon Jungsu-Hyung." He greeting politely as he bowed to the older male.

"Onew, how many times do I have to tell you, you don’t have to be so formal with me. Call me Leeteuk! Or even Teukie!" The male replied brightly.

"Y-yes Leeteuk-hyung…" Onew corrected himself before taking a breath. "What can I get you today?"

"Just a simple mocha. I just wanted to see how the place was doing and will be on my way." Leeteuk replied as he did a sweeping glance around the café.

Park Jungsu, or Leeteuk as he demanded to be called, was a 28 year old business man. His father was the owner of many well-known restaurants in Seoul and was encouraging his son to follow suite. While Leeteuk wasn't really passionate in following his father's footsteps, he made the exception when it came to this café. His friend from school, Rain, had told him about it and that the former owner was going to sell the place. Explaining how he was concerned about the staff because they were a good group of hard working kids, he asked his friend for the favor of taking over the place. Leeteuk was hesitant at first, but after a few visit he quickly fell in love with the place and the young staff. They were like a bunch of kids that needed his guidance and he had no problem being there for them. Looking up at the nervous male he couldn't help but smile at him.

"It's okay Onew, I'm not going to bite or anything. Just breath." He soothed the younger.

"Of course hyung. I'll get your order started." Onew said as he quickly made his way to the kitchen. Of course along the way his feet just had to get tangled up and he ended up tripping halfway there. But luck was on his side and he was able to keep his balance.

Entering the kitchen the pad that was in his hands was quickly removed. Blinking he watched as Taemin read the order, before calling it out to Key who was quick to get it ready. A moment later a tray with the drink was in his hands and he was quickly sent back out into the café. Surprised by the speed of the order he nearly dropped the tray but Minho who was nearby caught it quickly enough while Jonghyun shook him by the shoulders. He didn't actually snap out of the shock until the familiar and distinctive laugh of Leeteuk came across the café. The owner had caught the whole transaction and was highly amused by his staff members. Smiling he waved them all over to him.

Once the five were standing in front of him, and he had a couple of sips of the drink he ordered, he spoke.

"You guys have been doing well here." He began lightly.

"Business has been rather slow actually hyung." Onew admitted to him but Leeteuk waved it off.

"But I have heard that people are really liking coming to this place. Even if it takes a while for word to get around, I feel like we can really get this place popular. I think you have been really good at that so far.

"Thank you hyung." The five replied in unison.

Leeteuk smiled at this. He sent off the five of them to get back to work and instead spent his time drinking the rest of the order. Minho and Jonghyun still were rather tense as they continued on with their work but Onew knew they would relax shortly. Key dragged Taemin back to the kitchen, saying something about making an angel cake for the place. Onew just went back to the counter and continued to watch the owner. The normally smiling man had a light and distant look on his face and Onew was curious to what brought it on.

After about an hour of sitting there drinking his mocha the owner finally stood up. Walking over to the counter where Onew stood he reached into to his pocket to pay for the drink. But before he could pull out the wallet Onew reached out to stop him. The older male had a surprised look on his face but the younger merely smiled.

"Do you really think we are going to charge our own owner for his food?" He asked teasingly.

"But I'm still a customer!" The other argued back.

"Leeteuk Hyung, that is not how it works. But if it makes you feel better, you can tell me what's on your mind right now in exchange for the drink."

Leeteuk bit his lip, a gesture that seemed to work well with the man, before nodding. Onew called Minho over to take over the counter as he went on a break. The two men made their way back to the table that Leeteuk was once at and sat down again. Onew patiently watched as the older male seem to fidget in his seat as he looked for the right words to say.

"This is just between us okay?" Leeteuk began with a whisper.

"Of course Hyung." Onew immediately answered with a nod. He knew better than to betray his owners trust.

"Well its rather silly really." The older muttered under his breath. "It's just…I met someone."

Onew raised an eyebrow at this but allowed the other to continue.

"And well, he's kinda been in my mind lately."

HE? The other eyebrow soon joined up in surprise. Leeteuk noticed this and began to look frantic and hesitant.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you or anything…"

Realizing that he was giving off the wrong impression he reached over and caught the older male's hands in his own. Leeteuk looked back with a panic look on his face.

"It's all right hyung. I didn't mean for you to take that the wrong way. I was just surprised is all."

"It doesn't…disgust you?"

"Why should it? Love is love. Besides, I've been spending the last few months trying to help Jonghyun get the right words together to finally ask Key out. That's a whole story on itself."

Leeteuk blinked and then smiled. The smile turned into his trademark laugh that lit up the whole room. The other patrons looked over at the pair in curiosity but Onew easily waved them off. After a few minutes of laughing, both in relief and humor, Leeteuk was able to calm down enough to stop.

"So tell me about him. I still have five more minutes until this break is over."

So Leeteuk talked. He spoke of the younger but strong man named Yongwoon. How he was the son of a business partner of his father and that they met at a dinner a few weeks ago.  He believed himself to be the number one handsome guy in Korea and went by the nickname Kangin. He was a very kindhearted man, according to Leeteuk. Despite Leeteuk being the older one, Kangin was always the one who was stronger. Allowing the older male to lean on his and help him out when things got difficult in the recent days. Just listening to the owner talk, Onew knew how completely smitten he was by this other person. Kangin sounded like everything Leeteuk needed in his life.

"So why the long face?" Onew asked at the end of the story.

"I have no idea how he feels about me." Leeteuk whined.

Onew almost laughed at this. Did the owner really not see it. Just from the story alone it was obvious that the younger man was clearly in love with the owner. But perhaps Leeteuk saw his kindness as one business man's son to another and nothing more. He needed some more proof on the matter.

"I wish there was a way we could help hyung." Onew said instead with a small smile.

"It's okay. I'll figure it out on my own." Leeteuk rose to his feet. "Thanks for listening Onew, you really are a good person. I knew it was smart making you a manager here."

Onew blushed, pleased with the compliment and bowed to the leaving male. Once he was gone Onew released the breath he was holding and made his way back to the counter. Already he could tell that the others were curious about the conversation but Onew kept his mouth shut. Sending the others back to work, he told them it was private and not to worry about it.

Of course, in a café with five young men curiosity was bound to happen. But Onew ignored it, he had the owners trust, he didn't want to lose it anytime soon.

***

A few days later, a customer entered the café. Onew looked up from reading the magazine at the counter to see a tall, and very intimidating man, walk into the café. Swallowing slightly at the sight of him, he watched as the man went to a booth by the window. In the back of Onew's mind he realized it was the same booth the owner sat it not too long ago. The man glanced through the menu for a moment and then waved over Minho for his order.

Minho ran over and took the man's order. A minute later he was passing Onew at the counter to head to the kitchen. When he came back he paused next to Onew to talk.

"So?"

"He's got a really strong personality. You can just tell by looking at him. I wonder how he even heard of this place. Just by his appearance alone he seems to be someone of higher class."

Onew looked back at the customer  and realized Minho was right. The man was dressed smartly in a three piece suite. His hair was brushed back and he had an air of an important business man. It does bright up the wonder of what he was doing there. But before anyone could question it the door opened again. Looking up Onew smiled brightly at the new visitor.

"Leeteuk hyung!" He called out cheerfully.

Leeteuk smiled brightly back but before he could say anything the man at the booth suddenly stood up.

"Teukie."

"Kangin!" Leeteuk said in surprise.

That’s Kangin? Onew blinked in surprise. When Leeteuk spoke of the man he seemed to be someone strong but gentle and kind. The man in front of him was more intimidating than anything. But then the man smiled. A small bright smile that caused his eyes to close slightly and the tension to leave his face. Ah, that’s what he was talking about. Onew glanced over at Leeteuk and saw the older man was blushing. Waving the owner to the other man he pulled Jonghyun and Minho back into the kitchen to give the pair some privacy.

"Hyung, who is that?" Minho asked right away as the five, yes because Key and Taemin soon joined in, peaked out of the door to watch.

"That's Park Jungsu. He is the owner of…OW!" Onew cried out as he rubbed the arm that Key just punched.

"You know who he was talking about babo." The diva chef scolded him.

"That was pretty funny though." Jonghyun muttered while he snickered.

"Aish. You're so mean Key. I don’t know what Jonghyun sees in you." Onew complained only to hiss again when another hit came. This time from Jonghyun. Deciding it was best to stop the teasing, otherwise he be looking at some nasty bruises tomorrow he explained.

"His name is Kim Yongwoon. He is the son of a business partner to Hyung's family. The pair are really good friends." Onew thought about adding the fact that the owner was in love with him but decided not to. The manager trusted him with the information and he knew better than to break it.

"Ahhhh." The others all responded. Suddenly Key jumped back and clapped his hands. "Aish, we shouldn’t be bothering them during such a important conversation. Let's get back to work. Come along Taemin!"

The other four blinked at this but decided not to say anything in response.  Key was a diva on his best days and one scary mother f-er on his worst. The other four quickly went back to work, but at times still taking peeks at the pair talking at the booth. From Onew's standpoint it looked like whatever Kangin was saying was making their owner blush a pretty little pink. But the happy smile on his face and the lightness in his eyes said he was happy about the bigger man's comments. About an hour later Kangin stood up, gave a short bow to Leeteuk and left the café. The three in the main café area waited a total of five minutes before the bolted straight to Leeteuk. The older man blinked and then laughed when he saw the eager faces of his staff.

"Well?" Onew asked curiously and in anticipation.

"Well what?" Leeteuk casually asked. "We just were talking."

"About what?" Jonghyun asked. "It’s the first time anyone has seen you have someone here. Is he that good of a friend?"

"Friend?" Leeteuk echoed, glancing at Onew.

"Onew-hyung said he is a business partner and a friend of yours. Was it business you were talking about?" Minho asked.

Leeteuk realized what the others were saying and shot Onew a grateful smile. It was nice to know that he kept the conversation they had private. Onew was a good kid, that was easy to tell. But he didn't want secrets between the staff members. It might cause problems.

"Well he came here to see how the café was going. I have spoken highly of you guys so much he wanted to see for himself. He was very impressed." The three smiled brightly at the praise. "He also wanted to ask me out on a date."

There was a good ten second pause and then.

"A DATE!" The three cried out in surprise.

Everyone, including Taemin and Key, stared at the three while Leeteuk laughed happily at the shock expressions. One from a happy surprise and two from utter shock.

"It seems he is rather fond of me." Leeteuk added once his laughter died down.

"That's great hyung!" Onew said with a bright smile. "I'm glad to hear it."

"And I'm glad that you were able to help me with my situation." Leeteuk added.

"EH?"

"Well if he hadn't come here today, I doubt he would have ever gotten the courage to finally ask me out. So thank you for your help."

"I am glad to have helped." Onew replied with a light bow.

"Wait, you knew about the whole romance thing?" Minho questioned. "And you didn't tell us?!"

"Hyung asked me to keep it between the two of us!" Onew argued back.

Leeteuk chuckled at this. He made a good decision when he decided to become the owner of this place. Onew was waving his hands around as he tried to defend himself against the two scolding waiters. In a matter of minutes Key and Taemin were also out there and the five of them were arguing like a bunch of kids. It was rather entertaining to watch and it seemed the other patrons of the place would have to agree with it.

"How about for now on there are no secrets amongst us." Leeteuk finally stepped in.

The five looked at him in curiosity.

"I will stay honest with all of you and you all promise to stay honest to each other and me." He offered as he held out a hand. "Is that fair?"

"Neh!" The five all promised right back as Onew shook his hand.

"Good now, get back to work!" Leeteuk told them as he shooed them off. "And remember. Fighting!"

"Fighting!" The others called back as they took off for their proper spots. Onew lingered behind to talk.

"Are you happy hyung?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah," Leeteuk said as he watched them work. "I am happy."

Onew smiled at this. He was glad things worked out for his owner. Granted that meant they would probably be seeing more of Kangin in the near future and he still seemed rather intimidating, but as long as Leeteuk was happy that's all they could ask for.