HanChul

SHinee Cafe

It had been two weeks since their owner, Leeteuk, and Kangin started dating. The five of the members at Shinee Café quickly got use to the presence of both of them in their café. To them, Leeteuk was like an umma and Kangin their intimidating but really nice appa. When Taemin first called them by their new titles Leeteuk had blushed something fierce but Kangin seemed rather fine with the title. He even acted more like an appa to them, especially Taemin whom he seemed to get along with rather well. In fact he was probably worse in the whole spoiling the younger than Key was. But no one really minded, Taemin was the kid of them all, it was just natural to care for him.

On that particular weekend the café was rather busy. It seemed Leeteuk's comment about the place getting popular was true and they were seeing more patrons then they had in the past. Onew had a suspicion a part of it was Kangin's influence, the older man was known to be a rather good businessman, but business was going well. Everyone there didn't mind working harder and longer for the extra customers they were getting. It made everything that more fun for them.

Onew  bowed and smiled to another pair of girls that were making their way out of the café. Patting his cheeks to keep his muscles loose from all the smiling he was doing, he closed the drawer. Looking around the café he noticed that it was still relatively busy for that Saturday afternoon. They had been on their feet for a good five hours and have probably seen more people than they had in a long time. In fact it was getting so busy that Taemin was working both the floor and the kitchen and Onew was taking orders and cleaning up the tables just to help out. Hopefully things will start calming down soon though.

He made his way over to another table to take an order when the door of the café was suddenly thrown open. The banging sound that it made caused everyone to jump in fright and Onew to trip and fall to the ground. Entering the café was the most beautiful woman that Onew had ever seen. She wore a pair of black pants and a black top with the shoulders missing. Her hair was long and black and pulled into a  high ponytail. As she made her way to the table, she seemed comfortable with her surroundings and the fact everyone was staring at her. When she passed by Onew she barely shot him a glance but he realized something. The beautiful woman was actually a very beautiful man. The man sat down and picked up the menu. Glancing through it he raised a hand and loudly snapped his fingers.

"Hey Waiter!" He called out loudly, looking straight at Jonghyun. "Get over here so I can order!"

Jonghyun hurriedly made his way over to the ordering man.  Smiling politely he offered to take the man's order. Minho and Onew looked at each other in concern. They had a feeling they knew the type of customer they were dealing with today.

"Yeah, I'll have a cappuccino, with extra cream, a slice of cheesecake with raspberry toppings, with  extra raspberries and one of those blueberry muffins. And it better be quick or else." The man threatened at the end.

Jonghyun nodded as he took down the order. Giving a small bow he quickly made his way to the kitchen for Key and Taemin. As he passed the others he muttered one word to describe everything.

"Diva."

Onew and Minho nodded to each other. They had a feeling that they were dealing with a diva. This man was worse than Key on his worst days. They made their way around the café taking care of Jonghyun's other customers since they knew he was going to be preoccupied with this new person. A few minutes later Jonghyun came back with the beautiful man's order. Placing it down he offered a small smile as he told him to enjoy the meal.

"Took you long enough." The man scoffed as he flicked some hair off his face. "I was practically starving here."

"I'm sorry for the delay." Jonghyun quietly explained. "We are rather busy today."

"That's not my problem. I should be your main priority." The man commented as he took a sip of the drink. He raised an eyebrow to Jonghyun. "Are you going to stand there staring at me all day or what?"

Jonghyun bowed in apology and quickly made his way to his other customers. When he passed Onew and Minho he made a slight face at them. It was obvious that he was annoyed but he was trying hard to keep up his positive customer service. After all that was the true test of a server, dealing with difficult customers. And was this guy difficult.

The entire time he was there he complained or caused problems for Jonghyun and the others. It was obvious that Jonghyun was at the end of his patients, and so where Minho and surprisingly Onew.  They were really busy and their patron was not only causing problems for them but for the rest of the café as well. At one point Jonghyun looked ready to scream and Onew knew it was time to do something about it. Grabbing Minho as he was passing he sent a simple message.

"Get Key."

"Hyung?"

"When dealing with a diva its best to counter with our own Diva. Send Key out to deal with him, at least it will give Jonghyun a breather."

Minho nodded and quickly went into the kitchen. A moment later there was a crash and Onew had to bite his lip from the laugh that was coming. The door leading to the kitchen was thrown open as a peeved Key, with flour on his cheek, came stomping into the café area. The patrons all watched as the chef made his way towards Onew in irritation. The leader merely pointed to the amused diva who was watching the whole scene.

"Sic him." Onew muttered low enough that only Key could hear him.

Key smirked at this and made his way towards the beautiful man.

"I hear you are giving a hard time to our servers." He said with his nose in the air.

"Not my problem that you have lousy servers." The man countered back easily.

"Sorry, we don’t normally have to worry about taking out the trash until the place closes. You are just a bit early."

Onew bit his lip as the man's eyes widened. Key was the only one who could get away with mouthing off to a customer. The first time Leeteuk learned of it he scolded the man but afterwards realized that they needed at least one on staff with enough of that mean backbone to handle situations when it called for it. And as long as it didn’t get back to their hyung's ears they were okay. And judging by the customer's expression, he probably never been treated like this.

"Who do you think you are?" The man snarled.

"The head cook here. And when time calls for it, the pest remover." Key replied with a toss of his head.

"You got some nerve acting like this."

"I call it as I see it princess. Now either shut up or get up. I don't have time to deal with people like you."

The man looked a mixture of anger and impressed by the younger. He sized up the other for a minute before a smirk appeared on his face.

"This is the first time anyone's ever treated me like this."

"Welcome to reality then."

The man laughed and had a grin on his face.

"I like you." He stated with a smirk.

"Can't say the feeling is mutual."

"Fair enough." The man rose to his feet and dropped some money down on the table. "I'll take this as my cue to leave then. You defiantly are a place I will return to in the future though. Better not lose that backbone kid."

Before Key could retort about the kid comment the man swept out of the place. The rest of the café and the staff watched him with a mix of curiosity and relief. Key scoffed before turning to head back to the kitchen.

"Diva's are a waste of my time." He said.

The other three wisely not said anything to that. Onew picked up the money and headed to the register, curious when they would see the Diva man again.

***

The man's return, as it were, was only a week later. The café was relatively busy again this time but not as bad as the prior week. This time around also had the appearance of Leeteuk and Kangin, apparently they were in the area and decided to step by. Onew noted how much more carefree and happier their owner was now with the larger man at his side.  But he pushed it aside when he heard the familiar door jingle over the noise in the café. Raising his head he was about to greet the guest but his eyes widened instead.

"Oh hell no." Minho muttered from next to him.

Onew's thoughts exactly. Not only was the Diva back, but he had someone with him. A tall foreign man, probably Chinese, with dark eyes and a lot friendlier look to him than the other. The diva was surprisingly smiling happily at the man as he clung to his arm and seemed to be saying something. The Chinese man simply nodded at the other's words, a soft look on his face. Onew took in a deep breath and made his way over to the pair.

"Welcome to Shinee Café." He said as he led the pair to a booth right beside Leeteuk and Kangin's. "Is there anything I can get you today?"

"Hmm, I can’t decide. Hannie what do you want?" The man asked in a sweet voice. Onew almost did a double take.

"I'll have a Oolong Tea." Hannie said with a smile and broken Korean.

"That sounds yummy, I'll have the same."

Onew blinked and slowly nodded. It was starting to get freaky now, the man was actually nice. And polite too. And if Onew was going to gamble on it, he had a feeling it had to do with the Chinese man he was currently make doe eyes towards. Onew gave a small bow and quickly went over to the counter. The other two were waiting for him.

"So…" Minho began curiously.

"He's actual nice today." Onew whispered as if it would break some spell. "And polite. It's bizarre."

"Who's he with?" Jonghyun asked.

"I don’t know, calls him Hannie." Onew passed them to the kitchen. Even if the man was nice now he didn't want to risk it by taking too long.

The tea was quickly brewed and prepared and a few minutes later he made his way back to the talking pair. The diva had his hands propping his chin and a small smile on his face as he listened to the other man speak. If Onew hadn’t already seen him a week ago he would have thought him to always be a kind hearted man. It made his curious to know what brought on the pleasant side, or even the evil side of last week. With a smile that was more genuine than before he placed the drinks on the table for the pair. And got another shock.

"Thank you." The diva said with a soft smile.

Onew really did a double take and before he could catch himself he spoke.

"Wait a minute, did you like hit your head or something in the last week. Or do you have a twin?"

The Chinese man stared at him curiously.

"No there is only one Heechul." He said slowly. "Why would you think there was a twin?"

"Because he's not being a diva today." He countered before he could stop himself. And then winched, so much for customer service.

"When were you here last time?"

"A week ago." Heechul explained with a grin.

"A week ago…" The other man thought about it for a minute. "Wasn't I in China a week ago?"

"Yes, and I was absolutely miserable the whole time." The other said with a pout.

"And let me guess, you came here and terrorized the staff."

"Maybe." the other said elusively and grinned.

"Heechul," The other side in exasperation. Turning to Onew he smiled and bowed lightly. "I apologized for my boyfriend's behavior last week."

"Yeah, yeah. So I was a little harsh, but you should apologize Hannie." The other complained with a roll of his eyes.

"Chullie. It's what you should be doing. But I know you won't."

"Damn right." The other muttered under his breath.

The Chinese Man merely smiled at this and placed his hands on the others. Picking it up he brought it to his lips and placed a small kiss on it.

"Don’t worry, it's what I love best about you." He said with a twinkle in his eyes.

Heechul blushed at this.

"Oh Hangeng."

Onew, feeling uncomfortable for seeing such a moment, cleared his throat and quickly excused himself. He made his way to the counter where the other two waiters, and surprisingly Leeteuk and Kangin, were waiting for him.

"It seems you had an interesting conversation there Onew." Leeteuk commented with a mischievous look on his face.

"Hyung… I was surprised that's for sure. I never thought I would see such a nice person from him."

"Yeah, Heechul is like that whenever Hangeng is around." Leeteuk explained.

"You know him, hyung?"

"Yeah, Heechul is actually a friend of him. We are only ten days apart as it were. He is the son of a well-known fashion designer. He can be a diva but he has a sweet side to him. Except when Hangeng is out of town for family business. Then he can be a handful."
"We've noticed." The three said in unison.

"Yes well you learn to deal with it. Hangeng comes from a well-known business family in China. He came out here for work, meet Heechul, and as they say the rest is history. He decided to stay here with him but is still responsible in taking over the company when the time comes. So he visits every so often to check on things. I will miss them when they finally do move to China."

"Wait so we might have to deal with diva Heechul again?" Jonghyun questioned nervously.

"Yah, you brat you make me sound like so horrible disease." Heechul butted in.

Everyone but Leeteuk jumped at this. They all looked towards the beautiful man. Heechul rolled his eyes and motioned to Onew.

"We need to pay before we leave."

"Ah! Yes, this way and I'll get that taken care of."

He led them to the counter and told them their bill. Hangeng of course paid for it and offered another apology to them about Heechul. The diva scoffed at this but when the man left he turned to Onew.

"Yah, tell that cook of yours that I'm sorry and all that." He said without making eye contact. "But he better watch that attitude of his as well. I'll be back!"

The man took off out of the café and towards his lover. The two smiled lightly before walking away and out of sight. Onew had to lightly chuckle at this. Apparently Heechul wasn't all that bad after all. Well at least when Hangeng was around. Something told him that they would probably see them more often around here. He could only hope that it was when the man was in a good mood. Or else Key was going to be quick busy soon.