Chapter 2

I'll serve you till the end

What are you supposed to be?" Yixing asked Jongin, while looking over his costume. Jongin is nine, and Yixing just turned eleven, and both of them were preparing for Halloween. The younger was wearing all grey clothes, and had his nosetip covered in black, and whiskers drawn on his cheeks. "I'm supposed to be a mouse! I haven't put on my ears yet!" Jongin replied with a small pout on his lips, and turned around to run back into his room to bring the ears, which were attached to a headband.

Yixing had dressed up as a warrior - he had armor made of carton, and a stick horse with himself. He waited till Jongin returned and had to admit that the younger was indeed looking like a mouse now. Both of the boys grabbed their bag for the treats and descended down the stairs, running towards the main door. The nanny, which was passing by, scolded them to not run around, and be careful around the neighborhood. It was their first time to go alone without adult supervision, and they couldn't be more excited. 

As they've stepped outside, their eyes widened: the streets were filled with kids and teenagers, dressed up in all sorts of costumes - ghouls, ghosts, monsters, vampires, famous people, and just plain heroes and princesses. The chattering filled the air, not giving it a mystic aura at all. "Race you to the nearest house!" Yixing said and took off, leaving Jongin to catch up on him.

___________________________________________________________________________________

That memory would always return on Halloween, with more and more details than the last time. This time Yixing could remember the way Jongin's face lit up when they were counting the candies and the younger realized he won over Yixing. But the nanny only let them eat several candy bars before bed, hiding the others in the kitchen cupboard. As it was time to go to bed, the older had decided to tell a scary story, which resulted in Jongin having a nightmare and clutching onto Yixing whole night.

Right now they were preparing to go to a party with Yixing's friends from university, and Jongin had to go as well, since Yixing's mother didn't want for the male to go alone. She still was seeing her son as a small child. Yixing had decided to go a vampire, whereas Jongin - Joker from Batman. He had ordered a suit especially for this occasion, and was putting on last touches on his face. Yixing was wearing a suit as well, but had a cape on, which was held by a brooch on his neck; he had his hair brushed back neatly; his eyes were highlighted with a black eyeliner, and he had fake fangs glued to his teeth. He even made up an accent for himself. 

"Have fun," his mother watched them go through the door, and get into the car that was prepared to take them to the city. Yixing had made plans to meet his friends at the club in which the party was held, but didn't mention that Jongin will go along with them. The argument they've had in the garden was forgotten, and both of them were talking again, but Jongin had stopped being affectionate, and was only professional now. The older didn't like that, and was obviously missing that, but couldn't really say anything. He had to stand by his own words.

The car let them out few blocks away from the club, and the males were walking the rest of the path towards their destination, while chit-chatting. Yixing spotted a small group of five people loitering around, obviously waiting for someone. One of the people, a male dressed as a werewolf, spotted them and waved frantically while calling out Yixing's name. The latter beamed up and sped up, walking towards the group - there were three guys and two girls: the other two guys were dressed up as a zombie and plane pilot, while one of the girls was dressed up as a snow white and a nurse. Yixing greeted them all and then introduced Jongin. Everyone liked his costume, especially the girl dressed as a nurse. The werewolf told it was enough for them to loiter around and all of them walked towards the entrance of the club, being stopped by the bouncers to make sure they're not carrying anything illegal inside.

The club was full of partying people, all dressed up in costumes. The dance floor was packed, and there were people at every table, sitting, drinking, talking, and just plain having fun. The zombie of their group boast that he had reserved a table, and everyone were moving towards it, a waitress dressed as a feline, following them. After taking their orders she disappeared, and they all started chatting. 

Yixing had noticed that Jongin and his nurse friend had really hit it off - sitting very close to each other, the girl having her hand on the younger's leg. For some reason it had made the older jealous, in his mind a scenario playing of him standing up and taking Jongin's hand to pull him somewhere remote in the club, and claim his lips... But that daydream was interrupted by a voice calling his name.

"Yixing, can you hear me?" He glanced at his friend dressed up as a snow white, who was looking at him rather worriedly. "Are you alright? Your mind seems to be somewhere else."

"Ah, yeah. I'm alright," Yixing chuckled, glancing at Jongin who had his attention on the nurse, not even looking at the young master. "I didn't catch your words. What where you saying?" The girl just chuckled and shook her head, then spoke once more: "I was asking if you want to go to dance?" Deciding that he needs a distraction, Yixing agreed and both of them stood up, the girl taking his hand and leading him towards the dance floor. As they've passed Jongin, he was looking at them for a moment before turning his attention back to the girl beside him. 

The dance floor was crowded, everyone pushing while trying to dance, but no one seemed to care. Everyone was enjoying the time. Yixing did too, though he was more wishing for Jongin to be here with them, dancing as well. He felt weird - Jongin was constantly on his mind, especially tonight, but the male thought it was because Halloween. And because he felt responsible for the younger's safety. When they've returned, Jongin and his friend with who he was talking were gone. "Where's Jongin?" he asked his friends, sitting down on the couch, his eyes looking around the place.

"They went to dance I think," the pilot friend replied, and Yixing nodded. Then said he'll go buy some more drinks as the glasses were already empty. He stood up, and walked out of the section they were sitting only to see his servant and the girl dancing together, but when he looked closer - they were kissing. Immediately at the sight Yixing's stomach curled and his mood immediately dropped. All sorts of emotions ran through him: jealously, anger, envy...And he didn't know why. Or rather tried to not acknowledge why. 

Finally tearing his gaze away from two of them, he continued his journey to the bar, and ordered few dozens of shots, hoping that he will get drunk from them and forget what he had seen...

About two or three am everyone were beginning to scatter - some needed to get home, some where feeling sick or tired. Yixing's mood has definitely improved with the help of alcohol, and he really didn't want to go home, he wanted to continue the party, have more drinks. But Jongin refused to do that, and wanted to take his master home. "Let's go, young master," he tried to subtly persuade the drunk male to go nicely with him, not fight and not cause a commotion, that would attract unneeded attention. 

"Nooo....I want to partyyy!" Yixing raised his voice, making his friend laugh softly, their voices echoing through the cool night air. "C'mon...Jonginnie...Go partyy!" The older male was joyful, trying to pull away from the younger, but the latter had a firm grip on him, not letting him go at any cost. If something happens to Yixing, he would be the one to feel the consequences. The group dispersed after saying their goodbyes, and Yixing with Jongin were left alone to search for a taxi.

"You sure drank a lot tonight, young master," Jongin chuckled softly as they were walking down the street. "Yesss...And I liked it." Yixing giggled, rolling his head back to taking in the fresh night air. Then turned to his servant, a drunken grin on his lips. "You sure liked Minah, huh? I saw you two kissing.." he teased the younger, his hand swatting the other's chest several times. Jongin didn't reply, just chuckled, but it was clear he didn't want to talk about that. But Yixing did.

"Hey, Jongin...Kiss me." The words were out of his mouth, making the younger turn and stare at him in surprise. "I wanna feel your soft lips." Yixing was talking seriously - he did want to know how it felt to be kissed by Jongin, he wondered that when he started noticing how soft and plump his lips were. Suddenly, a small laughter erupted from Jongin's mouth, making the older of them frown and pout, his hand swatting the younger's chest again. "I'm not joking!..Dooo That."

The servant just shook his head while stile chuckling, then grasped the older's chin between his index and thumb. He looked over the latter before leaning in, his lips already puckering..But instead of kissing Yixing's lips, he kissed his forehead. "You're too drunk, young master. And tired. Let's get home." He then turned his attention in front of them, and noticed a taxi standing beside the curb. They've approached the car and got into the backseat, the younger telling the destination and the car drove off.

When they returned home, Jongin immediately brought the older to his personal chambers and took care of him: undressed him and then helped him to wipe off his makeup and wash his face, and finally laid him to bed, tucking him in.
"Goodnight, young master." Jongin whispered and leaned in to kiss Yixing's forehead once more, but the older was already asleep to notice the gesture.