Chapter 3

I'll serve you till the end

"Young master, I would like to ask you for a day off," Jongin said just before Yixing was going to bed. It was a Friday night, near midnight. The older male looked at the younger quite surprised - it was rare for Jongin to ask days off, and he was curious to find the reason behind it. Jongin had his hands locked in front of himself, his gaze slightly lowered to Yixing's chest instead of his face, waiting for the other's answer.

"Can I know the reason behind it?" Yixing asked carefully. Sure, Jongin could have just said because of his personal business, but the younger always said the truth, regardless of consequences: "I'm taking Minah out on a date." The answer had the older feel as if he was splashed with cold water - of course, he didn't oppose to this because Jongin had his own life, but...But he really didn't want the younger to go. Instead, he wanted for the male to take him out on a date. 

"S-Sure, you can have a day off." The young master replied, his gaze turning away from the other. He heard words of gratitude from the younger, and just nodded in response. "You're excused," Yixing said, and without looking at his servant got under the duvet, snuggling into them. He was jealous, jealous of Minah, jealous of Jongin. And it was confusing him - he was trying to convince himself that it's good for Jongin, that he might have a girlfriend at last, and enjoy his life to the fullest. Yixing would support it definitely, because his dear friend is happy. He should be happy as well, right? The male didn't realize that tears were already streaming down his cheeks, and his chest fell like it was in knots. He hid his face in the pillow and nuzzled it, wiping his tear stained cheeks into the soft material before his mind gave up and he fell asleep...

It was after ten when Yixing woke up. Thinking Jongin will be already in his room, preparing his clothes and telling the breakfast was ready, but instead it was silent: the curtains were still closed shut, making the room dim. Then he remembered the conversation just before he went to sleep, realizing the male had a day off. To go on a date. He sighed softly and slowly got himself out of the bed, standing on the fluffy rug that covered the cold wooden floor. Putting on his slippers Yixing went to the bathroom, that was just across the hallway, in front of his bedroom. The male washed up and brushed his teeth, then returned to his room to change from his pajamas into a pair of jeans and a loose sweater.

Climbing down the stairs he was greeted by the servants, and made his way to the dining room - it was empty. His parents always ate at nine in the morning, and it right before he entered the dining room, he was told by his mother's maid that his parents have decided to go out together. After their son grew up, they could finally have some time for themselves, and go on small trips and dates. Yixing's father was surprising his mother with simple gifts like bouquets and sweets, sometimes he would buy her lavish gifts - new dresses, jewelry, take her to trips. They were living their second honeymoon.

He asked for something different today for his breakfast - a salad with fried chicken, pears and sauce. He wanted something light for his stomach. As for a drink he asked for a cup of green tea. Tea seemed to be appropriate for today. Once the meal was prepared and set in front of him, Yixing picked a fork and began eating, looking through the French windows, into the forest that was right behind their mansion. He could hear the birds chirping, the whole atmosphere being calm and relaxing, yet his heart wasn't resting at all. He felt like his heart was heavy and burdened, and instead wanted for the day to pass faster.

As he was finished with his meal, he took the cup of tea and brought it with him to his room, hiding behind the closed door, in the safe surroundings. Yixing placed the cup on the nightstand table and went towards one of the bookcases standing against the wall, near the door to hi closet. His fingers slipped through the spines of his books, his mind immediately changing - he now wanted to watch something instead of reading a book. He went to his desk and picked up his laptop. Returning to his bed, he placed the laptop on it, then grabbed the charging cable, putting one end into the laptop and the other into the socket. Returning to the bed the male sat comfortably on it, and picked the computer. He waited till it and decided to browse through several pages, searching to watch something. He picked several foreign detective dramas, and started watching the episodes. 

Several hours later, after his stomach grumbled, Yixing decided to go downstairs and grab something to eat. As he stepped out into the corridor, he collided with Jongin, who had already returned home. Both of them apologized, and parted ways - Jongin went to his room, and Yixing went downstairs. There was an aura of awkwardness between them, and the older didn't like it all. Once again he ate in silence - grilled salmon - his parents still weren't home. After the meal, he grabbed several snack bars and returned upstairs into his room.

As he was watching a seventh episode of his show, there was a knock on the door. Yixing stopped the drama, and gave a sign to enter. Jongin slowly entered the room, wearing his uniform as always. "What are you doing?" the older was confused, Jongin had a day off, and yet he was dressed in his work uniform. "You have a day off, you don't have to serve me today."

"I know," the younger replied, slowly approaching his young master. "What are you doing, young master?" he looked at the laptop screen, and the several snack bars on the nightstand, some of the wrapping on the bed. "Why are you eating in bed? You will end up complaining about the crumbs on the bed." Jongin chuckled softly, moving to sit beside Yixing on his bed.

"How the date went?..." the older asked, looking over at the male. Jongin seemed like he was keeping something inside, and it was making him look like he was hurting. The younger shrugged and chuckled. "I don't know...She was talking too much. And our interests are very different. She wanted to go on a date so she could show me off to someone.." 

"Oh..." Yixing only nodded as there wasn't anything to say. But it seemed he felt lighter to hear the words - there was no way for Jongin to be attracted to that kind of girl. "..Want to watch the show with me?" The younger deserved to forget the date, that even didn't go so well. Once the other nodded, Yixing scooted over a little to give the other more space. Once Jongin got comfortable, Yixing pressed 'continue' and both of them watched the show, the older explaining the plot for a little.

While watching the new episode, the older dozed off, his head resting on Jongin's shoulder. And it didn't go unnoticed by the younger. With a small chuckle the male stopped the show and turned every program off before turning the laptop off. Yixing didn't even wake up when Jongin pulled away to set the computer aside, then worked on undressing the older for bed. It's been quite some time since he actually have seen his master's bare chest, and an urge to do something more than just undress the other. But...He would never take advantage of the person who saved him.

Pushing the indecent thoughts away Jongin pulled the duvet over Yixing's bare body, then leaned down to leave a small kiss on the male's forehead. "Goodnight, young master," Jongin whispered and pulled away, taking the clothing to place them over the chair, then left the room.