Chapter 1

I'll serve you till the end

Yixing could remember the day clearly as they've brought Jongin home. It was raining heavily for the past several weeks, but Yixing, being a five or six at the time, insisted on going outside with the kitchen maid on her journey to the city to buy foods and other supplies. His nanny dressed him up warmly, put him in rubber boots so he could splash in the puddles, and off they went. The driver took them to the city, helping with grocery bags and supplies, as they roamed around the city. 

Yixing's nanny entered a textile fabric shop as the boy's mother asked to get him measured - he was slowly growing out of his suit and he needed a new one. They took half an hour, and once they were done, Yixing ran out of the shop and sprinted along the street, noticing a big puddle. He cheerfully jumped in it, and splashed around before noticing a rather big box placed in the alleyway, and his childish curiosity peaked up. The boy carefully approached the box, looking around before looking into the box. The sight surprised: there was another boy, about his age, laying in the box. He wasn't moving and for a moment Yixing thought that he was dead, but the boy suddenly coughed, making the boy jump back. 

"Young master! There you are!" His nanny was running towards him together with the driver. "You scared us! How many times did I told you to not run away?" She was scolding Yixing, but the gentle touches on his face told that she was only concerned and worried. The woman noticed his attention being somewhere else, and glanced to see a young boy in the box as well. A gasp erupted from her and she quickly pulled the young boy towards herself to protect him from something. 

"Come, young master, we need to go," his nanny said, pulling the boy out of the alleyway into the street, averting her gaze from the box. But Yixing pulled his hand out of her warm grip, returning back to the box. "No! I won't go unless we take him too!" he did not want to leave the small boy in the box all alone, he refused to even think about it. 

"But master, we surely can't take him with us," the nanny tried to negotiate with the boy, but Yixing was firm on his decision. And in the end, they took the boy with them. As they've arrived home, his mother wasn't too happy about this as it meant they will have to feed yet another mouth, and not to mention nurture him back to health. But since Yixing had insisted on it, his mother couldn't say anything just to agree, but warned him that he will be responsible of the boy from now on. And Yixing nodded eagerly in understanding - he couldn't be happier! It meant he will have a friend from now on, and the mansion won't be lonely. 

It took about two weeks for the boy to recover, and the young master was constantly by his side: he read stories to the weak boy, made sure he was always warm and hydrated, even brought one of his valuable toys to place it beside the other boy so he wouldn't feel as lonely. As the boy got better to the point he could speak, he told his name was Jongin and he's about four. When Yixing's nanny asked where did he come from or if he can remember anything, Jongin said he doesn't remember anything. It seemed the boy was just thrown out.

____________________________________________________________________________

"Young master," Yixing was being called by his title, but refused to wake up. "Young master, please wake up." it was a male's voice urging him to wake up, warms hands gently shaking the male's body. Finally, the dark haired male cracked one eye open, and saw Jongin leaning over him, with a smile upon his lips. The tender touches under his eyes on on his cheeks had Yixing almost purr, but he immediately jolted up, eyes opening wide. The servant pulled away with a chuckle, his hands hiding behind him.

"Young master, good morning," Jongin greeted Yixing, who was glaring at him. "Your hot bath awaits you." Just as the latter said the words, Yixing quickly got out of his bed, put on slippers and shuffled into his personal bathroom, leaving Jongin behind. Just as he closed the doors and leaned against them, a dark blush crept on his cheeks and the male had to cover his face to muffle any sounds. He knew Jongin liked to play these kind of games, but to the young master it wasn't a game - he had a crush on the male. But hoped his servant didn't notice it at all. 

In his mind it was forbidden to have a crush on your butler, and on top of that - a male. His mother would rather die than see Yixing with a man. 

"Young master?" The knock on the door had Yixing startled, and he quickly jumped forwards away from the door. "Y-Yes!?" He called out, looking nervously around the bathroom, then took off his pajamas, and jumped into the tub with warm water, submerging till his nose. Only now he realized he got cold, while standing in deep thoughts.

"Do you want me to come wash you?" Jongin asked, staying silent to wait for a reply. 

"N-No! I'm fine!" Yixing laughed nervously and splashed around the tub, trying to calm himself down. He heard an 'alright' coming from the other end of the door and then footsteps. He sighed softly in ease, then looked at his toes in the water, wiggling them. About half an hour later he decided it was enough for him to lay around, and began to wash himself: he took the sponge, poured some gel over it and squeezed it until it lathered up, then began washing his body. He could remember how it was in the past - Jongin doing the same what Yixing was doing now, and the young master never felt conscious about his body, not until recently.

He slowly began to notice Jongin: how he grew tall and handsome, how charming his smile was, and his eyes...How they looked at Yixing, made him shiver. He tried to ignore the feeling that would come whenever his servant was close, but just a mere touch sent currents through his body. But Yixing knew it was nothing for the male, that he was just doing his job, which was taking care of the young master. He also knew that it would never be possible for a man of his status to ever be with his servant, he already could imagine the retaliation of the news...

Once Yixing was done, he washed himself off, and got out of the tub to wrap himself into the towel. He left the bath as it was, knowing the maids would clean soon after. There was already a pair of underwear ready for him, along with his regular clothes: black pants, a simple shirt, and a sweater. As he walked out of his room, Jongin was already waiting by the door. 

"Did you have a good bath, master?" he asked, a small smile on his lips. Then waited till the other began to walk, and followed him after. "Y-Yes...It was. Thank you," Yixing replied, his hand nervously rising up to brush through his dark locks, then looked at Jongin, who was following few steps behind. "What's for breakfast?"

"Your favorite - Belgian waffles with chocolate and strawberries." Yixing couldn't help but smile - every Saturday morning he would eat waffles, it was like a routine for him. If the chef decided to make something different, the male would definitely demand for waffles. It was a ritual he did not dare to break. And he knew Jongin would do anything to not make his master to break the ritual. As they descended downstairs, the passing by maids and butlers all greeted with 'good morning, young master' to which the male would always reply 'good morning'. It was one of his rituals as well. 

As they've entered the dining room. Their orangery was a dining room, glass ceiling above to let all the possible sunlight in. In all of the orangery there were plants, making it feel as if you were in the rainforest, but only thing missing was the birds. The dining table stood on the right of the room, whereas several love seats - at the left. Yixing's mother and father were sitting at each end of the table, waiting for Yixing to join them.

"Good morning, mother, father," Yixing greeted his parents with a soft smile, to which they replied the same. He seated himself at his usual seat, and Jongin placed the woolen napkin over his master's lap, to prevent any staining of the male's pants. Yixing nodded in gratitude and took his cutlery in his hands, and immediately all three of them began to eat, while Jongin with several maids stood aside. As usual his breakfast was delicious, going along with freshly squeezed pineapple juice. 

After the meal, Jongin helped the maids clean the table, but was called away to accompany Yixing for a walk around the garden. The servant was walking several steps behind the young master, his hands locked behind his back. Both of them were silent for a moment, but then Yixing broke it off by asking the other a question: "Why did you do what you have done in the morning?" He really wanted to know the reason behind Jongin's affectionate touches to the older's face, thinking that the answer might soothe his restless mind. But it wasn't what he had expected.

"Because I like you, my young master." Jongin's answer seemed so serious and genuine that Yixing thought the other was teasing him. He stopped dead in his track, and turned around to look at his servant, who had stopped as well. Their gazes met, and Yixing noticed that there was no hint of playfulness in the male's eyes.

"That's...Preposterous!" Yixing quickly replied, trying to dismiss the male's words. But soon realized this might have hurt Jongin's feelings. "I mean... You should avert your infatuation to a maid or something." This didn't sound good either, and the male turned silent, trying to think of a better explanation.

"If you say so, young master." Jongin's words startled Yixing, and he turned his attention to the younger male again. But now Jongin was looking away. The rest of the walk they were silent, and after they've returned home, his servant never said anything apart 'Yes, young master' and 'No, young master'.