The Day Before

Silent Love

Yoochun’s laughter only brought on more confusion for Jaejoong and Mirae, while Junsu decided to stutter out a nervous “N-Nothing!”

 

Yoochun smirked as he saw Junsu’s flustered form. “I was just talking about the almost kiss yesterday,” he said innocently.

 

Jaejoong’s brow rose in curiosity and he turned to Junsu. “You almost kissed someone?”

 

Mirae stayed silent next to him, looking at her feet with a light pink dusting her cheeks.

 

Yoochun grinned at the sight, lifting up a hand to tap Jaejoong’s side to get his attention. As Jaejoong looked at him questioningly, Yoochun’s grin widened. He subtly pointed towards Mirae, making Jaejoong turn to the girl. He quickly caught on, a tiny smirk decorating his face.

 

“Ahh, so it was Mirae, hmm?” he asked.

 

Junsu and Mirae didn’t give him any sort of answer, preferring to place their attention on other things. Jaejoong quickly had Mirae sit down on the table, taking a seat beside her.

 

“So how did it happen?” Jaejoong pried.

 

Yoochun chuckled as he decided to relay his version of the tale. “Well, I came to get Junsu from Mirae after talking to Boa. When I opened the door, their faces were so close to each other; I really thought they were going to kiss. Junsu was even hugging her! But you know how Mirae is. She heard the door and she quickly pushed Junsu away and ran off. These two are moving fast, you know.”

 

“It wasn’t like that!” Junsu protested.

 

Mirae nodded furiously in agreement beside him, hands flying through patterns. It’s just a misunderstanding. We weren’t going to kiss!

 

“Ah, what was happening, then?” Jaejoong asked challengingly, slightly leaning across the table as he smirked at the teens. Yoochun raised a brow, a grin on his face as he stared at the duo.

 

Junsu looked down, staring at his plate of food. Yoochun and Jaejoong knew that they weren’t going to get anything from him. He was still too shy. With the topic like that, he wasn’t even going to say anything. So they turned to Mirae, who sighed as she started her tale, hands going through patterns and occasionally writing on her notebook to provide more detail as she ate.

 

Flashback

 

“Can you play once?” Junsu asked shyly. After hearing the younger play before, he wanted to hear more.

 

Mirae smiled in reply, already writing a reply. Sure, no problem. What should I play?

 

Junsu shrugged. “You’re the one playing, so play whatever you want.”

 

Mirae scribbled an answer quickly. You’re lucky. I’m learning one of Yoochun oppa’s songs right now. You’ll hear just how great of a songwriter he is. I’ll just get the sheet for it. I don’t have it memorized yet.

 

She walked over to the bookshelf, grabbing a folder with Yoochun’s name printed on top. She opened it, sifting through the song titles, searching for the composition that she wanted.

 

“What song is that?” Junsu asked.

 

Mirae dropped the folder, scattering the papers on the floor. She hastily turned around, a hand on her chest and eyes wide; ready to inflict pain on Junsu out of instinct. But she stilled in her place. Junsu was far closer than she anticipated. She gulped, backing away out of nervousness.

 

“You o-“ Junsu was about to ask. His question was halted as Mirae slipped on a paper.

 

Mirae’s eyes closed automatically, arms outstretched as she tried to grab onto something to steady herself. Within seconds, arms looped around her waist and she found her arms grasping onto a soft material, probably Junsu’s shirt. She carefully opened her eyes, peeking at the other, and she immediately flushed at the immensely close contact.

 

Junsu’s face was mere centimeters from hers. Just a light push would be enough to have them kissing!

 

“You okay?” Junsu asked in concern. It left Mirae wondering about why he didn’t feel nervous or embarrassed about the entire thing.

 

Mirae’s sharp ears caught the sound of the door opening and she quickly pushed Junsu away, scrambling to place distance between them.

 

“Hey guys,” Yoochun greeted with a grin.

 

Mirae groaned internally, knowing that the elder witnessed everything. She knew the other well enough to know what he’s thinking and it isn’t going to be good. She bowed at the other, signing a quick “bye,” before she grabbed her notebook and dashed out of the room, not even sparing the two guys a glance.

 

Flashback End

 

“Ah, that’s what happened?” Yoochun asked.

 

Mirae nodded as calmly as she could.

 

“But why did you run?” Yoochun questioned with genuine curiosity in his voice.

 

Mirae’s hand flew through patterns. I felt embarrassed! I know you and I know you would’ve teased us about it. I couldn’t stay for that. I felt nervous enough when Junsu didn’t seem the least bit embarrassed about the whole thing as it happened.

 

“Ah yeah, I explained it all to him. He was confused about why you suddenly ran out,” Yoochun laughed.

 

Explain what? Is he not familiar with things like that? Mirae asked curiously.

 

Yoochun stiffened, shaking his head solemnly. “He grew up under special circumstances. He doesn’t really know about things like that. Just try to understand him, alright?”

 

Mirae didn’t understand Yoochun’s words, but she nodded. Don’t worry. I’ll help him along. Her hands hung in the air, a sudden thought invading her mind. Oh yeah, how did your talk with Boa unnie go?

 

“You talked with Boa?” Jaejoong asked. He had stayed quiet as Yoochun and Mirae bickered, opting to be a translator for Junsu.

 

Yoochun nodded. “I did. I talked to her yesterday.”

 

“What happened?” Jaejoong asked gently.

 

Junsu and Mirae kept silent as they watched. Junsu had been curious about the entire thing since yesterday, but he couldn’t build enough confidence to ask. It didn’t seem like Yoochun would talk about it with him either, so he just didn’t try.

 

“Well, we talked,” Yoochun said, playing with the chicken remaining in his plate. “I’ll tell you about it later, hyung.”

 

Jaejoong sighed, but he nodded in acceptance. Yoochun only confided in a select few about his relationship with Boa. It wasn’t something that the younger felt comfortable talking about with other people. Jaejoong was just glad that he was part of those trusted people.

 

“Are you okay?” Junsu questioned softly, almost hesitating, but his concern for the elder was stronger. He couldn’t help but get worried as he saw Yoochun’s eyes misting over.

 

Yoochun smiled in reassurance, blinking back the tears. “I’m okay, don’t worry.”

 

“When are you starting your classes, Junsu?” Jaejoong questioned, changing the topic.

 

“I’ll start tomorrow, hyung,” Junsu answered.

 

“You’ll start with private classes, right?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“Yeah, that’s what Ryeowook hyung told me,” Junsu replied. “He said I’ll be learning sign language with Yesung hyung first, as well as some private classes in other subjects.

 

“Do your best,” Jaejoong cheered. “If you ever need anything or just someone to talk to, just look for me. I’m usually free.”

 

“Thanks, hyung,” Junsu smiled. “I’ll do that.”

 

Mirae’s eyes drifted to a clock and she stood up hastily. 


 

Finally updated! How long has it been? Well, I finally got around to updating! Woooooh~~ the events of the near kiss was finally revealed! Ahhh, but it , doesn't it? I really didn't know how to write that part, HAHAHA. I'm so sorry T~T it was such a fail, that part. Aigoo. Well, even so, I hope you enjoyed it! ^o^ and why does Mirae seem to be in such a hurry~? 

 

Oh! And I'd really like to thank everyone who surprisingly subscribed to the story the past days! That was a really pleasant surprise. Whenever I opened my account and the little notification bar was glowing red... Ahh, I didn't really expect that. Thank you so much!!! That really means a lot to me. I hope you enjoyed this and I hope you anticipate for the rest. And of course, the unnie who is always there, krstnclrssmtx, thank you for everything. We've been through a lot the past few weeks too, right? I'm sorry T~T your birthday is coming up, so I'll see you soon! HAHAHA! ^_^ ... So anyway, thanks to everyone! Comment and subscribe!