Moving In

Silent Love

“Alright, so this will be your room. You’ll share this with another new student. He’s been here for only a week. His name is Lee Hyukjae and he’s the same age as you,” Ryeowook said as he led Yoochun and Junsu through the dorms.

 

“Lee Hyukjae? Is he the one that Boa is looking after?” Yoochun asked.

 

Ryeowook frowned in confusion, but nodded at the question, nonetheless. “He is. Do you know him?”

 

“Not personally, no,” Yoochun answered. “We saw the two of them yesterday at the dance studio.”

 

“Ah, yes. Boa has been helping him regain strength in his legs after he was involved in an accident,” Ryeowook informed. “We’ve already told him that he was getting a new roommate. He’s also already been informed that your hearing is deteriorating so that it won’t cause any misunderstandings if you can’t hear him when you don’t have your hearing aid on.”

 

“Thank you,” Junsu murmured.

 

“The right side of the room is yours. You can put up whatever you’d like and decorate it as you please. If you ever need anything, don’t hesitate to ask one of the staffs,” Ryeowook said. He plucked a sheet of paper from the folder he was holding, handing it to Junsu, who looked at it in wonder. “That is your schedule. Since you’re still new, those are mostly the basics. For now, you only have sign language with Yesung hyung. The other subjects that you learn in a normal school such as math and science will be private for now. After you have basic knowledge of that, then you’ll be put in regular classes with the other students.”

 

“I think it’ll be a while until he’s put into regular classes for those subjects. He hasn’t really been able to go to an official school yet,” Yoochun interrupted, making Junsu flush with embarrassment.

 

Ryeowook smiled gently. “Teuk hyung has mentioned that. That’s why he’ll be having private classes for now. If Yesung hyung sees fit, then he’ll put one more student with Junsu so that he won’t feel quite alone and so Junsu will slowly ease into having other people with him. If he has a classmate now, then he won’t be shocked when we place him into normal classes later on. Of course, Junsu’s consent in that is important.”

 

“M-Maybe after a while, when I’m comfortable,” Junsu said after the other two looked at him expectantly.

 

Ryeowook nodded. He sent the duo another smile. “Well, I should be going. Your schedules won’t start until tomorrow so you have a free day today. Yoochun hyung already knows the other things so he can help you.”

 

“Thanks again, Wookie,” Yoochun said.

 

“Don’t worry about it,” Ryeowook answered as he left. He shut the door behind him softly as he walked out of the room.

 

Yoochun turned towards Junsu, observing the room. The left side of the room was neat and tidy. It was decorated plainly with only a few pictures here and there, as well as books and comics stacked on the desk. Hyukjae must be an organized guy.

 

“Should I help you unpack?” Yoochun asked.

 

“It’s only a few clothes and items, hyung. I can take care of it,” Junsu assured.

 

“Well, let’s go get lunch, then,” Yoochun said.

 

Junsu nodded at that. They left Junsu’s luggage on the side of his bed, walking out of the room and heading to the cafeteria.

 

Nothing much had really happened yesterday between him and Mirae. They talked a little at the music room, getting to know about the basics in each other’s life and slowly forming a friendship. Yoochun came about 20 minutes later with a serious expression, but he tried to smile for the two younger teens. He hadn’t divulged Junsu with any information about his time with Boa. Instead, Yoochun showed Junsu around on the rest of the school and they left as the sun set, heading back to the apartment to pack Junsu’s things. Junsu didn’t pry on the subject either, preferring not to invade in Yoochun’s privacy.

 

“Yoochun-ah, Junsu-yah,” Jaejoong greeted happily. He was walking around, checking the buffet table that was displayed for lunch, making sure that everything was in order.

 

Junsu had met the other yesterday. He, along with Yoochun, had bumped into Yunho while they were leaving. Jaejoong took an immediate liking to Junsu, easily becoming fond of the younger. Jaejoong’s motherly care intrigued the younger and despite being shy, he went along with Jaejoong’s wishes and easily called him hyung. That sent Jaejoong into a huge grin and he vowed to make sure that Junsu would be well taken care of in the academy. It helped that Jaejoong worked as the chef in the cafeteria. Jaejoong’s cooking was acclaimed and the cafeteria was praised to have gourmet food for that reason.

 

“Jae hyung,” Yoochun nodded.

 

Junsu smiled at the elder, sending him a small wave. “Annyeong, Jaejoong hyung,” he said.

 

“Have you gotten your things fixed in your room? Did you meet your roommate already? Is the room nice? Well, of course it is. But is your roommate nice?” Jaejoong asked immediately, handing the duo each a plate.

 

Yoochun chuckled, examining the dishes. He looked at Jaejoong with amusement. “Slow down.”

 

Jaejoong ignored him, preferring to bother Junsu with his questions. “Well?”

 

“Umm…” Junsu said, not knowing what to say. He fidgeted in place as he tried to come up with answers for the questions that blurred together. “I haven’t unpacked yet, hyung.”

 

“What about your roommate?” Jaejoong pressed. He scooped rice into Junsu’s plate, commenting, “You should eat a lot. You’re really thin.”

 

Junsu just let Jaejoong do as he wanted. He wasn’t really one to complain, especially not after being beaten by his father for even the softest of whines. “I haven’t met him officially?”

 

“What does that even mean?” Jaejoong questioned.

 

Yoochun decided to pitch in at that moment. “We saw him yesterday. Boa’s helping him.”

 

“Oh,” Jaejoong said. “So what’s his name?”

 

“Lee Hyukjae,” Yoochun informed.

 

Jaejoong’s eyes sparkled in recognition. “Oh, he’s that thin kid, right? He’s so thin but he seems to eat a lot. I only met him once. He’s usually by himself.”

 

“Really? Well, I heard from Ryeowook that he’s only been here for a week,” Yoochun said.

 

“I don’t know when people enroll or leave here,” Jaejoong shrugged. He directed a smile at the duo, ushering them to a table. “Eat a lot and eat well. Enjoy your meal.”

 

“Thanks, hyung,” the two of them chorused.

 

Jaejoong turned around and headed off, waving at someone who just came in. He ran towards that person, shouting, “Mirae-yah!”

 

Yoochun smirked at the name, looking up from his plate. He tapped Junsu’s hand, making the other look up as he chewed.

 

“What?” Junsu said through a full mouth.

 

“Your girlfriend’s here,” Yoochun teased.

 

Junsu choked on his mouthful of food, grabbing the glass of water and guzzling it. He coughed shortly afterwards, looking at Yoochun, scandalized. “What are you talking about?”

 

“Jung Mirae,” Yoochun said calmly as if the other wasn’t just choking a minute ago.

 

“She’s not my girlfriend!” Junsu denied in a high-pitched squeal. After being teased about that last night, he had grown defensive.

 

“Then why did I find you almost kissing on the piano bench when I came to get you? You were just inches apart from each other,” Yoochun asked with a playful grin.

 

Junsu flushed with the incident still fresh in his mind. “It wasn’t like that!” he shrieked.

 

“Wasn’t like what?” Jaejoong asked as he walked over, worried as Junsu’s shrieks reached his ears. Mirae looked at the duo in confusion, staring back and forth between Yoochun’s all-too familiar teasing grin and Junsu’s blushing face.

 

Yoochun’s laughter only brought on more confusion for Jaejoong and Mirae, while Junsu decided to stutter out a nervous “N-Nothing!”


 

So after 10 days passed since 2015 started, I finally got around to updating. Aigoo. Have you all been waiting long? I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's up to you to imagine what happened to them the day before, HAHAHA. I'll torture you all for a bit more~~ just what exactly happened to our main characters, hmm? Comment below~! Also... This is really belated, but Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you all have a blessed 2015! Though, with the attacks and deaths happening since the year started... Ahhh, well, let's not end this on such a bad note. Let's hope for the year to escalate into a happier note and let's just keep praying for everyone in the world, ne? Thank you for supporting me! ^^ leave your comments below~ thanks!