What Do You Want To Watch?

Where Did You Come From?

Saturday became homework day for Minho. He woke up fairly early, finding Jonghyun asleep next to him, arms resting on Minho’s chest. The taller boy sighed, this somehow happened every night. One way or another, Jonghyun would always end up in his bed. He tried to quietly wiggle out of bed without disturbing the boy, but was sadly unsuccessful. He told Jonghyun to stay there, and headed out to take a shower before he left for the lab. The smaller boy stopped Minho as he was heading out the door, and begged for Minho to take him along. At first Minho was a little bit wary, he had a lot of work to do, but he remembered that Jonghyun had been trapped in his dorm for the past few days. He had a little compassion and invited the boy along, insisting that he bring something to do. Jonghyun happily agreed and grabbed his phone and a pad of paper.

 

If Minho thought Jonghyun was bad in the mall he was kidding himself. Jonghyun was incredibly worse in laboratory. He was practically bouncing off the walls, asking what certain beakers were for, and why there were different shapes, why you had to add one ingredient before the other, or why you couldn’t just combine two liquids at the same time. Minho spent half of his time trying to explain that “it’s not a beaker, that one’s a flask” or “you could cause an explosion by mixing things too quickly,” and the rest of the time he was trying to find where he had left off in his work.

 

After Jonghyun gave Minho an excruciating headache, Minho sat the hyper boy down and gave him two simple liquids to play with. If you put the red one into the blue one they would make purple, if you put the blue one into the red one they would stay separated in the glass, and if you put them in at the same time they would turn into a pink gas. None of this was harmful, and Minho knew there was no way he could blow up the entire lab with what he was doing, so Minho went back to work, mixing other things for his project. After playing around for a bit, Jonghyun excitedly started to tell Minho all about the two liquids.

 

“Did you know that if you put this one in here it makes it purple?” Minho just hummed in response, “and if you put this one in here they stay separate?! Isn’t that amazing?”

 

Minho set down his work and said, “Jonghyun, if you don’t stay quiet we’ll never get back to the dorm. If I can get this done we can go to lunch, okay?” Jonghyun could sense the anger behind Minho’s voice and just nodded.

 

Jonghyun remained quiet until he had to go to the bathroom. Minho looked like he was concentrating, so Jonghyun just held it until he couldn’t wait any more. He rocked on his feet above Minho’s shoulder waiting for just the right time to ask the boy where the bathroom was. Minho sensed him over his shoulder and slammed down his tweezers. “I swear to god Jonghyun, just stop breathing down my neck!”

 

Jonghyun was surprised by Minho’s sudden outburst, and ran out of the lab. , Jonghyun thought, if he wasn’t so mad at me I would have been able to ask him where the bathroom is. The smaller boy was slowly getting more and more angry at Minho for being so rude, and it didn’t help that he couldn’t find the bathroom at all. The building was a strange array of corridors that didn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason to them. It’s as if the builder was putting together an elaborate maze and just called it an academic building. Jonghyun eventually found a bathroom in the depths of the building, and made his way back to the lab just fine. He had been gone for about an hour of finding his way and getting lost a few times. When he entered, Minho just looked up at him from his work and then went back to what he was doing.

 

After a moment, Minho addressed the pouting boy, “Key’s coming to pick you up,” He didn’t look up from his work as he said this. It hurt Jonghyun to have Minho acting so coldly to him. The smaller boy refused to answer Minho. It felt like hours had passed once Key got there, when Jonghyun and Minho had been sitting in that awkward silence for at most fifteen minutes.

 

“Come on,” Key said when he got into the lab, “I want to take you somewhere.”

 

Jonghyun willingly went with Key, happy to be out of the presence of Minho. “Where are we going?” He asked once they were out of earshot from the lab room.

 

“I want to get a movie to watch later. Have you ever been to a video rental store?” Key asked, hoping this would be fun for Jonghyun.

 

“I don’t think my version of a video rental store is the same as yours.” Jonghyun admitted. Everything was online, physical media was dead, there was no such thing as a video rental store that you could walk to. Key would agree that everything was online as well, but he enjoyed the old fashioned nature of video stores.

 

Key smiled, “good, now lets go find something scary.”

 

“Scary?” Jonghyun gulped. He wasn’t exactly the best when it came to scary movies, but he would never admit it.

 

They arrived at a store full top to bottom in movies. They were all separated by genre so it was easy to find what you would be looking for. Key obviously knew what he was doing so he led Jonghyun to a back corner of the store where they could find anything from gorey horror to psychological horror, and everything inbetween. “How about human centipede?” Key asked, pulling it from the shelves. Jonghyun scrunched his nose in response. “That bad huh?” Key continued to search, “how about this one?” he asked holding up some obscure indie horror film.

 

Jonghyun just shook his head, “too weird.” He said, and Key put it back.

 

Key pulled out Carrie, “Ooo, this one’s a classic!” Jonghyun looked over his shoulder at the movie, intrigued. “It’s actually not that scary, just some telekinesis not too bad.” Key looked up at Jonghyun, “I bet you would love this one! Let’s watch it later tonight, okay?” The older boy was a little skeptical, but agreed. They rented the movie and made their way back to the dorm.

 

Key was in the middle of making some popcorn when Minho walked in. “Minho!” Key chimed, “perfect timing!” Minho grumbled something about inconclusive results and went to his room. Key handed the popcorn over to Jonghyun and followed Minho to his room.

 

“I’m tired of this!” Jonghyun heard Key yelling from the other room, “stop it with the grumbling! You two are going to sit next to each other and watch this movie with me whether you like it or not.” Key planned this ever since he was aware that the two weren’t on good terms. He picked something scary so that the two boys would get closer and give up this stupid fight. Minho had made him fully aware of the situation, and he was just fed up with it. He hated it when people fought, especially when he was in the middle of it.

 

Minho came out of his room with Key nudging him from behind. Jonghyun pretended he hadn’t been listening by concentrating on the popcorn that was starting to pop in the pan. Minho plopped down on the couch and Key set up the movie. “Go sit,” He said, grabbing the pan from Jonghyun, “I’ll finish it from here.”

 

The older boy hesitated when he got to the couch. Would Minho murder him if he joined the taller boy? Jonghyun just sat down on the edge of the couch cushion, making sure not to disturb Minho, and the two quickly became engrossed in the movie. Minho found it to be dumb and cheesy. The video quality was pretty bad, and he had seen scarier stuff. However, Jonghyun was fully engrossed. As soon as they started showing Carrie’s “special powers” he was jumping every time she made someone fall from their bike, or retaliate at the girls from her school.

 

Minho noticed Jonghyun’s jumpy nature, and wanted so badly to hold him. He saw how worked up Jonghyun was getting, and had to stop himself from comforting him. He was still mad at the boy for distracting him doing his homework earlier, but his barriers were starting to come down. He hated not being able to let himself protect Jonghyun, but still couldn’t bring himself to.

 

Jonghyun’s hair was standing up on the back of his neck. He hated scary movies, and this one wasn’t nearly as tame as Key had suggested. As the climactic scene was unfolding in front of him Jonghyun was completely on edge, he saw the bucket of blood hanging over the girls’ head and just wanted to stop it from happening. Once Carrie started to kill everyone he was so scared he jumped and wrapped his arms around Minho, burying his face into Minho’s shirt. Minho stiffened up from the contact, but then wrapped an arm around him. “It’s really not that bad,” Minho whispered down to him.

 

Jonghyun looked up at him with tear filled eyes, “how can you say that?”

 

“Think about it this way, she’s covered in food colouring and syrup,” Minho said reassuring him, “and the graphics are terrible. Does that even look like it’s real?”

 

“I guess not,” Jonghyun sniffed.

 

They watched the rest of the movie entwined, Jonghyun refusing to let go of Minho. At the ending scene things seemed to be settled down, and both Jonghyun and Minho relaxed a little bit. Everything seemed to be resolved, but then Carrie’s hand grabbed Sue’s through the gravel, and the two boy’s jumped, clinging together.

 

As the credits rolled, Jonghyun grinned up at Minho, “I thought this movie ‘wasn’t that bad’”

 

Minho glared at him, “it’s not, that just caught me by surprise.”

 

Jonghyun just squeezed him tighter, “I’m glad we’re talking again.”

 

Minho squeezed him back and rubbed his arm, “me too.”

 

The two boy’s were so involved in themselves they hadn’t notice that Key hadn’t been there the whole time. Key was sitting in his room sewing something for class, “stupid kids, Minho knows I hate horror movies. He should have known I had this planned from the beginning. I might as well check on the two love birds.” Key escaped to see the two asleep on the couch curled into each other and the dvd replaying the menu screen in front of them. “What am I going to do when they realise they’re in love with each other?” Key asked no one in particular. He switched off the movie and headed back to his room, leaving the two to rest.

_______________

 

Author's Note: This one's such a big ball of fluff! I hope you guys like it! I was trying to do something Halloweeny.. and this happened, so yeah. Have a wonderful day and a Happy Halloween!!