Where Do You Sleep?

Where Did You Come From?

“You’re sleeping on the couch.” Minho said as they entered the messy living room of his dorm, dropping his bag on a chair. It wasn’t dirty, just cluttered, and Jonghyun hatted the clutter.

    

  Can I at least clean up a bit?” Jonghyun offered, poking at a sloppy stack of paper.

 

Minho laughed, “be my guest! I’m so busy with school work and sports I barely have time to get things organised. Think of it as you paying me for staying here because you obviously don’t have money.”

 

The shorter boy grinned, “I won’t let you down boss!” Jonghyun didn’t want to clean as much as he wanted to go through the boys stuff. Minho assumed he was still enamoured with the world he had forgotten, and let him play with the various things that were left out.

 

Suddenly his roommate barged into the room, “I can’t believe her!” the fox like boy screamed, slamming the door behind him. “My stupid stats teacher can’t teach for .”

 

“Oh my god Key, settle down,” Minho said, making himself a cup of coffee. Jonghyun could tell that this was a typical crisis by how calm and collected Minho seemed. “We have a new pet,” Minho nonchalantly added, pointing at Jonghyun that seemed very fascinated with a nail clipper.

 

“It better get along with my dogs,” Key huffed, grabbing his own cup of joe.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s practically like having a third puppy.” Minho said, motioning for Jonghyun to join them, “now don’t be rude, introduce yourself.”

 

“I’m Jonghyun, but you can call me Jjong.” the blonde stuck out his hand, and Minho noticed he got it right this time. “I have memory loss, so if I do something wrong, just correct me.”

 

“Whatever,” Kibum said grabbing the boy’s hand, “I’m Key, just Key.”

 

Minho hit him on the back of his head, “be nice Kibum.”

 

“Damn, my cover is blown,” Key sarcastically remarked, “my full name is Kibum, but really, just call me Key.

 

Minho checked his phone, and noticed the time. “Crap, I have class. Could you keep an eye on him?”

 

“Keep an eye on him? what do you take him for, a child?” Key scoffed.

 

“Basically, yeah,” Minho mumbled, “just put him in front of the tv, that should keep him entertained at least until I’m back.” Minho quickly escaped before Key could protest.

 

 

“So what do you watch?” Key asked the boy that had spent his time entertaining himself with a paper clip he found on the floor.

 

“What? Watch what?” Jonghyun said, concentrating on lacing the paperclip through the stitching on his shirt.

 

Key snatched the paper clip from the blonde and put it in his pocket, “oh my god, you are a child. You’re going to hurt your clothes.” Key then looked him up and down, “Where did you get all that any way? It’s not any designers I’ve seen..” Key started picking at his outfit.

 

“Do you like it? It’s a modern take on Comme Des Garcons and HBA!”

 

“What? A modern take?” Key thought Jonghyun was just messing with him and started to laugh, “you realise that HBA and Comme Des are about as modern as it gets right? And Moschino is what’s in right now. Moschino and Chanel, you can never go wrong with Chanel.” Key then the tv, switching it to Project Runway. “I’m going to watch this now if you want to join me. Minho won’t be back for another few hours, they’re doing a lab today.” He added, noticing the blonde look longingly at the door.

 

“Fine, what’s your show about?” Jonghyun asked, plopping on the couch next to Key

 

“You seriously don’t know about project runway?” Key was so done with Jonghyun, “it’s this show where people become fashion designers.”

 

“You like fashion don’t you.”

 

“I’m a fashion major, so yeah.” Key said, “now shh, Christopher is my favourite.”

 

Jonghyun tried to follow what was going on on the screen, but he was tired and he didn’t have any context for the show. He quickly fell asleep to the sound of people complaining about improper stitching, and miss matched textiles.

 

The blonde woke up to the sound of bickering. “You wake him up,” Key whispered, “he’s your pet.”

 

“Do you think we should? He looks so pleasant sleeping there, what if he’s not even hungry.” Minho whispered back, and Jonghyun felt the boy’s eyes on him.

 

“Ugh, I’m just going to dinner with out you then.” Key quietly said, turning to go.

 

“No, no, no, wait,” Minho grabbed Key’s arm to stop him, “I’ll wake him up.” Jonghyun heard the boy pad over to him, and place a hand on his shoulder. The blonde tried not to react to the touch, and made a groaning sound. “Jjong, come on. It’s dinner time.” Minho cooed, “we’re just going to the dining hall, it’s not that far away. Then you can sleep all you want.”

 

Jonghyun looked up through messy bangs, “will they have soup?”

 

Minho looked at him a little confused, “I mean I guess they’ll have soup? why?”

 

“I don’t feel good, and my mom makes really good soup when I’m sick.” Jonghyun sniffed.

 

“There’ll be soup, but I don’t think it will be the type you want.” Minho said, helping the boy up from the couch.

 

“Alright you two, let’s go,” Key said opening the door.

 

 

On their way to the dining hall Minho held his hand up to Jonghyun’s forehead. “How are you sick? Your forehead is as cold as ice!”

 

Jonghyun sniffed, “I don’t know, it could be an effect from the time.. time I bumped my head. I just feel like , I’ve never felt like this before.”

 

At dinner, the blonde only ate two spoonfuls of the bizarre carrot soup their school was offering. Minho was convinced he exhausted himself getting excited over every little detail in the cafeteria. Jonghyun was like an excitable puppy in a room full of chew toys, he wanted to try everything, but sadly didn’t have the energy to.

 

Minho was half supporting Jonghyun on their way back to the dorm, the smaller boy seemed so weak and frail at this moment. “Minho?” the boy whispered.

 

“Mmm?” Minho responded looking down at the boy’s blonde head.

 

“Can we go to bed after this?”

 

“You can go to bed, that’s fine, but I have to study for my calc test tomorrow, so I can’t sleep yet.”

 

“Okay,” was all the boy said.

 

Minho could hear the disappointment in his voice, “It doesn’t really matter anyway, I’ll be in my own room.” Minho couldn’t help but feel like Jonghyun was still disappointed.

 

Jonghyun was quickly back to sleep on the couch after they got back. Minho and Key went to their respective rooms to work on their school work. Key was maniacally trying to design three different outfits that he forgot were due tomorrow, and Minho was in the middle of his own personal hell, reworking math problems that didn’t seem to want to be solved. It was nearing 2 am when he heard a quiet knock at his door.

 

When he opened the door Key was standing there with a grim look on his face, “I think you’re going to kill your puppy.”

 

“Key, don’t say that,” Minho said with a stern look on his face.

 

“He’s shivering out there like he’s in the middle of antarctica, at least give him more blankets or something.”

 

Minho pushed Key aside and made his way to the couch, where the shivering boy was whimpering. He just stared at him thinking of what to do. “For god sakes, do I have to do everything?” Key said pulling Minho out of his trance and tossing two more blankets over the boy.

 

The tall boy crammed as much information into his head until 3 am. He went out to get a glass of water before bed and noticed Jonghyun still shivering on the couch. Minho watched him for a bit, and then put his hand up to the boys forehead, feeling the cold emitting from his body. The brunette sighed, “I can’t believe I’m going to do this,” he said more to himself than anyone else. He got down into a position to carry the smaller boy, and picked him up to bring him to his bed. Jonghyun readjusted once Minho set him down under the covers. “Shh,” Minho whispered, getting in bed behind him to spoon the smaller man, “I’m just trying to make you warm.”

 

Jonghyun nestled into Minho, cold skin touching warm. His shivering died down, and Minho could finally sleep at peace until his alarm woke him up the next morning.

_________________

 

Author's Note: I'm sorry again for the mix up before, here is the real chapter 2! Fluffier than the last. I hope you like it! I'll try to write more soon!