Chapter 05.

Waiting for that Someday

 

Why did i stopped clapping?

 

What is going on?

 

The uproar of whistling and cheers from the crowd could be heard immediately when Minah and Jongin decided to pulled apart. The loving gazes that they shared right there and then. I wasn't sure why but I needed to leave, immediately. I tried to walked away but my legs wouldn't even move from the spot i was standing on which was beside the stereo.

 

My heart was beating so fast that it was starting to get uncomfortable and i needed to make a run from all of this like right now but why aren't my legs cooperating with me?

 

"Hey, you alright there?" Someone tapped me on the shoulder and my body jumped alittle from the sudden contact before i turned around. "Oh i'm sorry if i scared you but you kept on beating one side of your chest and i thought maybe you had some kind of indigestion or something"

 

My eyes took in his physique and features. He was really tall. Taller than Jongin because he was basically towering me much more than Jongin does. It's not that i'm short, i think i'm rather tall with my 5'6 height. "You sure did gave me a shock" I told him once i had calmed my self down a little before letting my hand drop to my side.

 

"I'm really sorry" He let out a small chuckled. "So are you alright?"

 

"Of course, of course.. I just need to get going, thank you for the concern though" Finally my legs was cooperating with me and was beginning to walk away.

 

"I'm Chanyeol by the way, Park Chanyeol" He reached out his hand to me.

 

"Saera, Kang Saera" I shook his hand.

 

"Hey! It's Chanyeol!" I heard Minah's voice coming from behind and i turned around to see both Jongin and her coming our way. "Didn't see you when we arrived here just now though"

 

"I just got here," Chanyeol looked around. "Lee's little brother sure knows how to throw an awesome party"

 

"Yeah, oh i see you've met Saera" Minah let herself free from Jongin's gripped on her waist.

 

"Yup just, i saw her standing here acting kinda strange about something so i asked her if she was alright" He told her. "By the way, hello to you too Kim Jongin" He slapped Jongin's shoulder.

 

Jongin signed something i couldn't understand to him but all i know was that Chanyeol replied,"I just came back from the states like a week ago and Lee told me that his brother was throwing a party, wouldn't miss any party yo!"

 

"By the way Saera, Chanyeol here is Jongin's cousin" Minah said to me.

 

"You're cousins?" Chanyeol nodded followed by Jongin.

 

"Cousins since we were born!" Chanyeol grinned and slung an arm around Jongin.

 

Then i remembered that i needed to leave this place soon so i decided to come up with a valid excuse, "Saera, i know we just got here not too long ago but i think i need to head back home"

 

"What? Why? Is something wrong?" She looked at me worriedly.

 

"I just don't feel all too well i guess" I told her, trying to act out as though i was having some kind of cramps in my stomach.

 

"You look okay just awhile ago, was it something you drink or ate?" She asked and i just shrugged. "Alright then, let's get you home before anything bad starts to happen" 

 

"No, it's alright, i can take a taxi home" I held her arm.

 

"We can't just let you go home by yourself while you aren't feeling well," She started signing to Jongin and he nodded his head before mouthing, "We'll drive you home"

 

"But you guys should enjoy your time here, i can just take the taxi. It's okay, really" I tapped Saera's arm lightly with my other hand.

 

"How about i send you home?" Chanyeol spoke up.

 

"You? Yah Park Chanyeol! I've never seen come by a party and leave in less than 5 minutes" Minah laughed.

 

"There's always a first for everything right? So, how about it? I take you home? " Chanyeol turned to me.

 

"I really could get a taxi though, i wouldn't want to be a bother to you" I told him and took a stepped back.

 

Chanyeol sighed before smiling, "Come on, i'll just send you home"

 

"YOU BETTER DRIVE HER HOME SAFE PARK CHANYEOL!" Minah shouted from the back when the both of us walked away from the ongoing party.

 

Chanyeol lifted a hand and gave her wave before turning to face me, "My ride is just by the corner, so where are we heading to?" I told him my address and we walked over to his car.

 

To my surprise, it was not even a car. I thought it was, i mean most people my age drives a sedan or just a normal five seat car but Chanyeol drove a truck. It wasn't just any kind of truck, this truck had been modified in such a way that it seemed to be very well-loved by its owner. "You drive a truck?"

 

"Saera, meet my baby Matilda" He pat the passenger's door with a proud grin on his face.

 

"You name your car Matilda?" I couldn't help but laughed.

 

"Hey, no laughing at my baby" but i could see it on his face that he was about to laugh along too. "Now come on, let's get you home"

 

He walked over to the driver's side of the truck when i realized that i was having trouble climbing up to the seat. Damn it. "Erm, having trouble over there?" Chanyeol peered out from his seat.

 

"Hang on a sec, " I told him and with all my strength i had in me, i pushed myself up to the seat and closed the door shut.

 

"You know, you could have just asked me to hoist you up" and i immediately felt my face getting warmer.

 

He started his engine and pushed a few buttons here and there and then we were off. "Well, you close to Minah and Jongin i suppose?" He asked.

 

"You could say that" I replied.

 

"Cool..." He nodded his head. "What happened back there though? You seemed abit off"

 

"It's nothing really, don't worry" I shrugged it off. "Turn left here"

 

He turned to the left and all of a sudden it got quiet. Almost awkward until he started another topic to talk about. "How did you meet the two?"

 

"We go to the same college"

 

"Looks like you'll be seeing me alot these days because we go to the same college, Holloway right?" I nodded my head. "Senior year yo! Can't wait to graduate! The states trip was bo to the ring and people say it was fun, i had to run all kinds of errands!"

 

"What are you majoring in?" I asked.

 

"Music and Management, that was why i had to go to the states to be this intern for this company when i really didn't wish to travel all the way to the states just so i could be coffee boy" He shakes his head.

 

"You only made coffee?" He gave me a nod. "All the way to the states only to make coffee? You poor child"

 

"I know right, poor Chanyeolie" He patted his head and gave out a pout.

 

"You are really a unique person Park Chanyeol" I told him once we arrived by my building.

 

"Wait" He let himself out the driver's door and walked over to my side before opening it. "Hold onto me"

 

I gave him a confused look. "Hold on to my shoulders, i'll get you down"

 

"No, No it's okay, i can managed!" I held out my hands infront of me to stop him.

 

"Oh come on, just hold on to me and you'll be down in a second! " He held up his arm towards me.

 

"Alright then, I pushed myself alittle abit onto the edge of the seat and Chanyeol pulled me down letting my body slide down against him. "T-Thank you"

 

"See? That wasn't so hard isn't it?"

 

"Thank you again for the ride, i had fun talking to you" I told him.

 

"Anytime, i hope to see you soon Kang Saera!" He leaned onto his truck as he watched me walked backwards to my building. "wait! I need to take proofshot to send to Minah that i took you home safetly" He held out his phone and snap a picture of me.

 

You are strange Park Chanyeol but i like strange and you make me feel comfortable. I shook my head and gave him a wave before walking in the entrance door.