Chapter 01.

Waiting for that Someday

 

In life, there will always be ups and downs no matter how far you try to run away from them. You can be extremely happy at one point of time but slowly you will get into a deep cold depression and lifeless state.

 

It's not that you want it to happen that way, its just part of life. One can't be happy all the time and one can't be sad all the time. It just have to be balanced. Without sadness, you wouldn't be able to feel pain and without happiness, you wouldn't be able to feel joy.

 

I know that every living thing, be it a human, an animal, a plant, anything that breathes and live, will all die one day. There is no escape card for it but you will never truly know when is your last day to live unless you are a last stage cancer patient whereby the doctors will tell you how many months or days you have left.

 

"Live your day as if its your last" The famous quote i always tell myself each and everyday.

 

In this life,

 

I have seen my love ones slowly leaving me and i can't do anything to stop it because its part of life. I just have to build up the strength to overcome it and move on.

 

"I miss you" I said as i glanced up at the sky from my balcony.

 

It had only been a few days since my kitty cat of 11 years had passed away. My family and i hadn't been coping well with the loss. Since the day we took him in, he had been like family, a furry little brother. So the day we lost him, the day he decided that it was time for him to go because the pain and suffering he had been going through for the past months because of its tumour in its head was too much to bear, it was the day we lost ourselves.

 

Mom wasn't laughing or smiling like she used to, dad no longers brings up jokes, Nora, my older sister tries to at least act like nothing had happened but i know deep down she's still coping with the loss. He was our dearest, our love but sometimes god just loves the other more therefore we must accept it. He is in a happier place now, far from all the sufferings he had been through and i know he is watching us from above.

 

We'll meet again soon one day, wait for us alright?

 

"Dinner is ready" My mom said out loud and i hurriedly walked into the house and got myself prepared for dinner.

 

I wasn't that hungry but mom says we got to eat or we will be too weak to do anything. "Looks nice" I said as i took a seat by the dining table.

 

"I decided to cook everyone's favourite today" She told the family while handing out the plates of rice to every one of us.

 

"Mom, i'm going over to the store nearby later" I told her.

 

"What for?"

 

"I need get some school things, i ran out of pens and notebooks"

 

"Sure, why don't you go along with your sister" She asked as she took a seat.

 

"Nah, i'm too tired, you go ahead little sis" My sister replied while playing with her spoon instead of actually taking a bite of the plate of rice infront of her.

 

"Okay"

..

"Hey, you're Nora's little sister right?" I stopped scanning the bookshelf and turned around to find Luhan, my sister's workmate standing infront of me.

 

"Y-yeah" I managed to replied.

 

"You really do lookalike with sister despite the big " He grinned.

 

"Well yeah, i get that alot..you work here? i thought you worked together with my sis?" I asked him.

 

"Yeah, well i live alone at home so i thought why not get another job that works night shift for only three hours.. well got to go or my manager will kick my for slacking off, tell you sister i said hi and that to meet me at our usual place tomorrow"

 

"You are strange..working two jobs"

 

"It's call a hobby for me. Why not do something that earns you money?" He laughed. "See you around~"

 

"Yeah..."

 

That was awkward but i shook off the awkward feeling and continued on scanning through the bookshelves. I already gotten the pens and notebook on my hand but i decided to get a new book to read because i remembered there are some new released ones being sold in the store. 

 

I took a look at my watch, it was already 9. I had been in the store for almost an hour, i should be heading back. I will just get the books next time. I went over to the counter and paid for the my things.

 

"Goodbye Nora's sister!" Luhan waved as i reached over to open the entrance's door.

 

"Bye" I waved back awkwardly and pulled the door open but i didn't seemed to noticed that someone was coming in from the opposite direction and the both of us collided.

 

"I'm so sorry" i apologized as i looked up to see a tall and  good-looking person standing right infront of me.

 

He stood still by the door, thank goodness there was no other customers coming into the store so there was no disruption by the door. He took a good look at me and mouthed out "i'm sorry"

 

"No, i should be the one apologizing because i didn't see you coming in" I told him.

 

He looked down at my lips as he took quite a while to reply but he didn't reply me vocally instead he signed me something with his hands that i don't understand at all.

 

"i'm sorry, what?" I was confused.

 

He signed again but this time he pointed to his ear and then made a cross sign with his fingers and that's when it hit me. "Oh my, i'm so sorry, i didn't know you were..."

 

He shook his head and smiled. "i should go.." i told him and he just nodded his head before moving to the side to let me exit the door.

 

I walked out, turning around just one more time to see him and only to realized that he was already looking back at me. I could feel my cheeks heating up at the sight of him but i quickly brushed it away and continued on making my way home.

 

"Well, you took quite a long time to come back home even mom and dad are already asleep" Asked my sis the moment i stepped into the house.

 

"I met your workmate today, Luhan" I placed my house keys and the things i bought onto the table and took a seat by my sis on the sofa.

 

"Oh really? Oh yeah, i forgot to tell you that he now works at that store during the night shift"

 

"Yeah, and he told me that he'll meet you at the usual place tomorrow ..it's late, i should get to bed. First day of school tomorrow" I stood up and stretched my hands.

 

"Okay, goodnight"

 

"night"

 

..

 

First day of school. First day of a new term. It seems strange to go back to school after two months of school vacation but school is school, you have to attend it no matter how hard you try to skip it. "So, first day of school. Excited?" My dad asked as he parked the car a few metres away from the school gate.

 

"No..." I replied as i leaned my head against the window.

 

"Come on, you are going to be late if you aren't going to get yourself out of the car" my dad tapped my shoulder.

 

"Class starts in half an hour, i have plenty of time to chill dad" I told him, still leaning against the window.

 

"I don't. I only have 15 minutes to get to work or i will be late, now come on" He leaned over me and pushed the door open.

 

"Okay okay fine," i sighed as i unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed my backpack that was between my legs. "Bye dad, love you" I kissed his cheeks and went out of the car.

 

"Love you too and take care alright?" I nodded my head and shut the door.

 

Here it goes. Hello school.

 

"Saeraaaaaa!!!!! How are you dear?" My best friend came over to the sit beside me by the lecture hall.

 

"Hey Haera, i'm fine..trying my best to think of happy things for now" I told her.

 

"That's good! You know that i'm always here if you need me right?" She smiled as she brought her arms up to wrapped it around me.

 

"Yeah, thank you" I tried to smile back.

 

"Keep thinking of happy things and everything will be alright" She assured me. "hey look we got a new classmate"

 

I turned my head to the front and saw a really pretty looking girl withe long brown hair seating a few rows infront of us by herself. "She's really pretty" I told Farah and she nodded her head in agreement.

 

"Class, i would like you to meet Minah, Bang Minah. She's a new student here so i hope you guys will get along well with her alright?" Our lecturer tapped Minah's shoulder and she just smiled back with a slight nod.

..

 

"Hi, i'm Haera! and this is Saera" Haera said she wanted to be friends with the new student so thats what we did straight after the lecture ended.

 

"Hi, nice to meet you.." She replied.

 

"Do you want to grab lunch with us?" Haera asked.

 

"Oh lunch? I'm sorry, i promised someone that i will have lunch with him today because its my first day here" She replied with an apologetic expression. "How about tomorrow? i will really like to have lunch with the two of you"

 

"Tomorrow? oh okay, tomorrow it is then"

 

"I'm sorry" She apologized again.

 

"It's okay, we understand Minah" I let out a smile.

 

"Thank you, and it was nice meeting the two of you" And then she excused herself.

 

"She seems really nice" i told Haera as we both took a seat by the cafeteria with our lunch.

 

"Very nice and hey look, that's her someone" Haera pointed towards Minah and the guy next to her.

 

I was about to placed the spoonful of rice into my mouth when i recognized who that friend of hers was. "Saera, are you going to eat that or is that spoon going to magically get itself into your mouth without you moving it?"

 

"Hold on, i know who that guy is.. i seen him somewhere before..." i placed the spoon back to the plate and began thinking of where i had seen before. "It's him! The guy whom i met yesterday by the store"

 

"huh?" Haera looked confused.

 

"I didn't know he goes to school here, i never seen him in the campus before" I stared over at Minah and him.

 

"Saera...you know him?"

 

"I don't know him of course but we met just yesterday night" I told her.

 

"oh, well how much smaller can the world be right? Our new classmate's boyfriend is someone whom you met yesterday" She replied while taking a bite of her piece of chicken cutlet.

 

"Yeah..the world is so small.."

 

 

Hi there guys! here's the 1st chappie, hope you guys enjoy it ^^