Chapter 03.

Waiting for that Someday

"Oh you're home, how was school dear?" My mom asked the moment i stepped into the kitchen.

 

"It was fine, mom i'm going to wash up first" I told her and she gave me a nod before continuing whatever she was doing in the kitchen.

 

"Oh hey sis, you're back"

 

"You're back early today.." I stopped by her room and leaned against her door.

 

"Yeah, there wasn't much work needed to be done anyway so boss said to just head home" I nodded.

 

"I'm just going to go to my room" I told her.

 

My room was just next door to hers so as soon i walked into my room and placed my bag to the side. i took a seat by the edge of my bed and my mind immediately flashback to the scene earlier with Jongin in the dance studio.

 

How he had just left the moment i sent him that text message. Had i said something wrong in the text? Was i being too straightforward in the words i had used to him?

 

It had been bugging me on the way home and even right now while i'm in the room, it is like stuck at the back of my mind. What did i do wrong for him to just leave me all of a sudden?

 

I was curious and confused so i decided to do the one thing i didn't know i would do.

 

From : Kang Saera

-Hi-

Of course, it wasn't an instant reply. After what seemed like hours since i sent the text, my phone light up.

From : Kim Jongin

-Hi-

From : Kang Saera

-Are you mad at me or something?- 

Sometimes i can be too straightforward but i am really too confused about him leaving me there in the studio room.

From : Kim Jongin

-You know, i didn't know you were the ignorant type-

From : Kang Saera

-What do you mean ignorant type?-

He didn't reply me which got me thinking to myself. Was i being ignorant to him? All i remembered was asking him how could a person like him do things that others like him can't do. That was when it hit me. .

From : Kang Saera

-I didn't mean it that way, i was just impressed, really impressed with you. I didn't mean it in any way that you might have thought of-

From : Kim Jongin

-I bet you have never met someone like me before-

From : Kang Saera

-I used to have a friend like you but she didn't do the things like you do.. i'm really sorry if i might have come out ignorant to you but sometimes i can be too straightforward with people and it tend to come out differently-

From : Kim Jongin

-So, do you want to keep seeing me dance in the dance studio?-

This guy sure changes topic fast.

From : Kang Saera

-Sure, Why not? You're really interesting Kim Jongin-

From : Kim Jongin

-I am a very interesting person, Kang Saera-

 

//

 

"You seemed much better now mom, " I told her as i took a seat by the dining table for breakfast the next morning. 

"She does, doesn't she?" My dad smiled as he placed the newspaper down on the table.

"Yup, she seems much better now" My sister agreed. "Oh look, at the time! I need to go, i have an early meeting with the bosses today"

"Oh okay honey, take care!" Sis placed a kiss on both of my mom's cheeks, including dad's before grabbing her laptop bag, her own handbag and head out the door.

"Bye sis!" I waved back.

"It's almost two weeks since he's gone...i miss him so much" Mom said while spreading some peanut butter on her piece of whitebread.

"Oh mom, we all miss him too, he's in a better place now" I let out a tiny smile.

"I know, and you're right..he's in a much better place now" She smiled back. "Eat your breakfast quickly, you wouldn't want to be late for school, and you too dear,"

I quickly finished up my breakfast, " Okay, dad let's go" I kissed my mom's cheeks and carried my backpack on one of my shoulders.

 

//

First period, another lecture from Mrs Darcy. Not quite my favourite lecturer but what other choices do i have? I will just have to sit through the two hours of boring lecture. "So, what did Mr Lee wanted you to do yesterday?" Haera whispered to me. 

"Oh, Mr Lee? Well.. just some paper work" I told her, hoping that she will believe me and not ask anymore questions regarding the lie i had told her yesterday.

"Paper work? Strange.. Mr Lee rarely asked anyone to do any-" before she could continue, Mrs Dancy called out her name and asked her to keep shut.

"Just paper work" I mouthed to my best friend and turned my attention back to Mrs Darcy's slides on the projector. 

"I don't believe you and i'll find out what you truly did yesterday" She whispered back and earned a death glare from Mrs Darcy but she just ignored it and continued on doodling on her notebook.

 

I glanced at the big giant clock on the highest part of the wall in the lecture hall. Five more minutes and this lecture will be over. I only have 2 lectures today and i want to finish them fast because both lecturers aren't my cup of tea. 

 

Five..four...three..two...one..

 

"You will submit your assignment in two weeks which i strongly encourage you to do your assignment starting from today onwards and i expect great essays from all of you, that's all for today" Mrs Darcy dismissed us and i quickly packed up my things.

 

"Slow down, why are you in such a rush for?" Haera grabbed my arm. 

 

"Good question, i don't know either" I shook my head as i slowed down my movements and stood up from my seat.

 

"Let's head over to the cafeteria, i'm hungry as hell" Said Haera as she rubbed her tummy. 

 

"Sure, we have at least, hold on..i just realized something, did Minah not attend lecture this morning?" I asked as i looked around.

 

"Minah? Oh yeah, i didn't see at all when i came" Haera frowned.

 

"Did she fall sick or something? But it's only the second day of school" I said to Haera.

 

"Hey guys!" Me and Haera turned our heads around and spotted Minah rushing towards us.

 

"Minah! Where have you been?" I asked as she stopped infront of us trying to catch her breath. 

 

"Well, you see.. i was actually early for the lecture but something came up so i had to attend to that something first before rushing down here" She told us.

 

"I guess that something must have been really important for you to skip your second day of school" Haera shook hef head.

 

"I already informed Mrs Darcy that i will be late due to that something and she said it was fine so i guess i'm not in trouble after all" She let out a smile.

 

"You sure are lucky" I smiled back. "Me and Haera are going for a break by the cafeteria, want to come with?" 

 

"Sure," 

 

"Really Saera, where did you go yesterday after school? I'm definitely sure you didn't see Mr Lee" Haera asked as she swallowed down her food. 

 

I looked up from my bowl of soup and glanced at Minah who was using her earpiece first before i turned my gaze at Haera. "I really did meet with Mr Lee" i tried to sound as convincing as i could.

 

"Fine, since i can get nothing out of you, i will just 'believe' you really meet up with Mr Lee and not some kind of secret meet up with god knows who" And then i choked on my soup that i had just taken a spoonful of.

 

"hey, hey, hey you okay?" Haera and Minah both started patting my back. 

 

I picked up the bottle of water infront of me and gulped down the whole bottle. "I'm fine..I'm fine" I told them as i took a deep breath in and then out. 

 

Haera narrowed her eyes at me and mouthed out "i will find out soon Saera" but i chose to just ignore her and turned away to face a worried looking Minah who had pulled out her earpiece from her ear. "You okay?" she asked and i gave her a nod.

 

"Are you going to finish that or i will" Haera pointed to my bowl of soup and i pushed it infront of her with my fingers. "Thank you, i'm not just letting that poor soup unfinished" 

 

I am not going to tell Haera whom i met yesterday infront of Minah but there shouldn't be anything wrong in telling right? It's not like Jongin and i did something behind her back right? We were just talking. Talking as in texting each other in the dance studio. We didn't do anything wrong but why i am feeling kind of guilty? 

 

I let out a heavy sigh. 

 

"What's up with you?" Haera asked.

 

"Nothing, just thinking" I told her.

 

I glanced over at Minah who was busy eating her bento. Minah, you wouldn't mind me meeting Jongin after school right? We aren't going to be doing anything except me coming in to watch him dance because it really is impressive to watch. The way he moves just pulls me in. Even though he is hearing impaired but he dances as if he isn't any different from the rest and it captures my attention. 

 

"Hey erm guys, do you mind if my boyfriend join us?" I was too deep into my thoughts that i didn't realized that Minah was talking. 

 

"huh?" I snapped back into reality only to look up to a pair of chocolate brown eyes. 

 

Jongin.

 

He smiled down at me and my eyes widened at the sight of him. "Sure, sure!" Haera replied happily. "Hi, i'm Haera!" She held out her hand to Jongin. 

 

He smiled and nodded his head before shaking her hands before taking a seat on the empty space between me and Minah at the round table. "Hi" He mouthed to me.

 

"Hi" I managed to let out of my mouth. 

 

"Oh i almost forgot, Jongin told me you guys met yesterday too!" Minah pointed to me and then to Jongin. 

 

Wait a minute, she seems fine by it. 

 

"Y-yeah... we met yesterday" I told her as i looked at Jongin.

 

"He said you were sneaking up on him by the dance studio and he called you a stalker" Which causes her and Jongin to laugh together.

 

Oh dear, even his laughter was the nicest thing i have ever heard in a long while. 

 

"Hold on, wait!" Haera raised up her hand. "You said you met up with Mr Lee, why is Minah saying that you met up with Jongin?" She narrowed her eyes down at me.

 

"I..I met up with him after i helped Mr Lee.." I told her.

 

"oh..." She raised one of her eyebrows.

 

"but wait a minute, i didn't sneak up on him! I just so happened to walk by the dance studio!" I tried to defend myself. 

 

Jongin laughed again before using his hands and signed something to Minah. "he said no point in lying, he knows you creep up on him" 

 

"I really wasn't creeping up on him!" 

 

Jongin continued laughing. "Stop laughing" I held out both my palms and covered my face. 

 

"Now, now.. we were just joking, chill" Minah laughed and her fingers grabbed hold of Jongin's. 

 

I dropped down my hands and looked at the both of them infront of me, they really looked good together. They were almost perfect. I turned and looked at Haera, she was busy typing away on her phone probably texting Taekyung, the guy she used to be partners with in one of the classes last semester. 

 

She had been talking non-stop about him since then but she stopped for a while when i was undergoing a mild depression state over my little kitty cat. Since now i'm feeling much better as compared to a week ago, Haera is back to spazzing over the same guy to me every single day but i'm happy for her. She deserves someone like Taekyung. 

 

Now as i sat in the middle of my bestfriend who was busy texting away, Minah and Jongin who were giggling around and him whispering sweet nothings in her ear, i have never felt so lonely and i went back to thinking about my little kitty. 

 

How was he doing up there? Was he alright? He may be just a cat to some but me and my family had never treated him like one because he was family. He may be an animal but he's still family and we love him. Alot.

 

I felt my eyes starting to burn and tears are slowly forming up. "G-Guys, i need to go.. I'll meet you guys in the lecture hall okay?" I told them as i stood up from my seat and picked up my finished food on the tray. 

 

They immediately stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me. "You okay Saera?" Haera asked me, looking alittle worried. 

 

"I'm fine, don't worry about me" I assured her. "i'll see you guys later alright?" 

 

My eyes came contact with Jongin's and i tried to let out a smile which i know and he knows it's a forced smile but who was he to judge right? 

 

I walked away from the table and my tears came streaming down like waterfall. I turned to the corner of the cafeteria and went out. Walking to my favourite spot, my personal spot in the whole campus which was the roof garden. 

 

From : Kim Jongin

- Are you alright?- 

 

Jongin? Why did he text me? 

 

From : Kang Saera 

-I'm fine- 

 

From : Kim Jongin

-You didn't seem to be alright earlier-

 

I didn't replied him and just placed my phone beside me as i leaned on my back against the wall by the rooft garden. It wouldn't hurt to skip just one lecture right? So i just closed my eyes and tried to calm my mind. This wasn't the first time whereby i had some kind of mental breakdown over my own cat. Sometimes it just hit me at random timings and i can't stop it, it normally happens when my mind isn't distracting me with other things. 

 

I received another text. It was from Haera. 

 

From : Ra-Ra

-You okay sweetie?-

 

From : Kang Saera

-Yeah, don't worry.- 

 

From : Ra-Ra 

-I know you're not Sae, if there's anything tell me alright? Are you having those breakdowns again? Relax, breathe in, breathe out.. Everything is going to be fine, he's fine and happy up there, he wouldn't want to see you this way, cheer up lub chu- 

 

I leaned my head back against the wall and tried to shut my eyes once again. 

 

I must have fallen asleep because the moment i stirred awake from my sudden sleep and took a look at the time on my watch, almost an hour had gone by. Lecture was ending in half an hour, no use going in now besides it isn't really a compulsory lecture anyway. 

 

I probably should just head home. The little nap i had taken made me feel a little bit better and i felt slightly refreshed. I took the stairs down and made my way out of the building. Before i could even make it out of the building, i was being pulled by the arm by someone. 

 

I turned around and was met with yet again those brown eyes. "J-Jongin?"

 

He immediately released my hand and grabbed his phone from his back pocket which i know was a signal that i'm going to be receiving a text soon. 

 

From : Kim Jongin

-Are you okay?-

 

From : Kang Saera

-Yes Jongin, I'm fine.-

 

From : Kim Jongin

-You didn't look fine, i was kind of worried-

 

From : Kang Saera

-Jongin, we just met a few days ago and we only started talking just yesterday so you can't possibly go all i'm-worried-about-you to me- 

 

He stopped texting and raised his head so that he could look at me. He pointed to himself and then to me before he mouthed the word "friends".

 

From : Kang Saera

-So we are friends now?-

 

He smiled and i started smiling back too subconsciously.