Chapter 04.

Waiting for that Someday

 

I guess sometimes you really can be friends with someone in a matter of a few days, a few hours or even a few seconds after interacting with each other. You feel this sense of bond between one another and that's how you can become friends with someone in such a short duration.

So when Jongin said we are friends, i didn't know why but there was this tingling feeling in my insides perhaps it is because I never had any guy friends before so having one now feels kind of strange yet exciting at the same time.

As the days passes, we gotten much closer. As often as i could, i would stay behind after class to watch him dance by the dance studio. It became our thing to stay a couple of hours after school by the dance studio. While he dances and create some kind of beats to the music using his laptop which was another fascinating thing about him that i have learnt, i will do my class assignments by the corner.

Once in a while his friends will come over and join him but other than that, its just me and him but he will always leave exactly by 6pm or on some days it will be by 4pm because that is when Minah ends her extra classes and then will always be my cue to leave the two lovebirds.

Though sometimes i wish i could learn some sign language. Often i will feel left out whenever Minah and Jongin started using their hand signs to each other and then laugh as though they just shared the most hilarious joke on earth but learning it takes time. I tried one or two but that was just the sign of "hi" and "goodbye".

 

"Jongin was just telling me that he is entering a competition " Minah came and sat next to me by the bench.

"Oh yeah?" I looked up to Jongin who was currently smiling down at me.

"Yup, him and his dance team" Minah replied as she grabbed hold of Jongin's hand and interlacing them together in hers.

"That's great!  I'm sure you will do well!" Jongin took his time reading my lips before giving me the thumbs up.

"So..where Haera?" asked Minah.

"Her mom wanted to return to their hometown for a visit so she brought Haera along with her...Haera isn't coming to school till two weeks later" I told her as i took a sip of my cup of caramel frappe.

Minah gave a nod and turned back to face Jongin who was playing with the ends of her hair with his free hand. "Anyway how long have you been together again?" I asked.

"Probably almost half of our lives," Minah giggled. "I love him, i really do"

Jongin leaned down to Minah's ears and Minah started blushing. "I know you do" She whispered as she kissed his cheek.

"I don't think i can ever imagine a life without him in it, yknow? It's like he's an important puzzle piece in my heart without him, i feel all empty on the inside" She began describing all kinds of things he was to her and i just sat there and listen to all the beautiful moments they had shared and wished i can experience the things they experienced together.

"So, what about you? Have anyone you like?" She nudged my shoulder.

"Me?" She nodded her head. "Not really.."

"How is it possible for someone as pretty as you to not have someone to like?" She laughed. "She is really pretty am i right Jongin?"

Jongin's gaze went straight to me and the strangest thing happened. My ears and cheeks started feeling warm, my insides feels like it was being invaded by a thousand of butterfiles.

What is happening inside there?

"You are pretty" He mouthed to me and i know then that i was blushing.

"See? Even Jongin thinks you are pretty" Minah tapped my shoulder.

"I don't think it's my time yet to find anyone" I told her and finished up my drink.

"Maybe but it's a waste for someone like you to not have someone in their life, even Haera has someone she likes but it's okay, i'm sure the right person will come soon!" She smiled.

"Yeah, maybe.." I smiled back.

"Oh before i forget, one of my friends in my extra classes are throwing some kind of party by the beach this weekend and she told me that i could invite my friends along so i want to invite you to come along, please say yes" She took hold of my hands and pressed them together in hers.

"This weekend? I don't know Minah...I could be busy.." I bit my lip.

"Please come along, it wouldn't be fun without you, right Jongin?" Jongin nodded his head.

"Come with us" He mouthed to me.

..

"Dude, mom is extending the freaking trip.. so i will only be back in about end of next month, she says she needed to do some stuff and apparently it is going to take a whole month and a half!" Haera was basically shouting into my ear through the phone.

I pulled my phone back alittle before placing it back near my ear,"A month plus? Haera, that's really long.."

"I know right?! But i've already informed Mr Leon that i won't be attending classes for half of this term due to personal issues and Mr Leon is kind enough to tell me that he'll personally email me the assignments and stuff" She was talking to fast that i wasn't able to keep up.

"Slow down..slow down..i'll help you okay? I'll email you the notes and all the other important things" I told her.

"Thank you! Thank you! I love you so much!" I smiled even though i know she couldn't see it. "Oh by the way, you don't actually need to copy down the notes because i told Taekyung that i'm not coming by till then, he says he is going to help me tutor on some stuffs that i'm going to be missing out..isn't he sweet?"

"But Haera, you are like at the other side of town, how is it possible for him to tutor you?" I asked.

"Erm Saera..? There's this thing call a skype?" She laughed.  "i got to go, mom is calling me, anything text me alright? See you when i see you Saera! Bye"

"Goodbye" I told her and hung up the phone.

Right after i did that, i received  text message from Jongin.

-Are you coming to the party later on?-

I forgot about the party all through the past days because i had been extremely busy with my class assignments.

-I don't think i'm coming-

-Why?-

-I'm busy-

"Saera? I think some of your friends is here" My sister came by my door.

"Huh?" She just shrugged her shoulders.

I got off from my bed and walked out the room to see who had come to visit me. So far from what i remembered, i only told a few friends where i lived and by a few friends i meant Haera, Minah, Jongin and some of my other classmates.

My eyes widened at the figures infront of me. "Jongin? Minah? What are you doing here?" I asked as soon as i saw the both of them sitting down on the sofa.

"We are here to bring you to the party, silly" Minah stood up followed by Jongin.

"Saera, why didn't you tell me that you had something on today?" My mom asked as she walked into the living room from her bedroom.

"Because i don't..." I told her.

"Of course Saera has something on, that's why we are here to bring her along with us if you give us your permission to do so" Minah let out a smile.

"Permission?"My mom chuckled. " She can go if she wants to, i'm not going to control that besides i have a date with my husband tonight"

"Just go, sis.. a party doesn't sound so bad" Said my sis who was leaning against the sliding door of the balcony.

I looked up to Jongin and he mouthed the word "Please?"

"But i'm not even dressed" i told them gesturing to my plain t-shirt and shorts.

"We'll wait for you, right Jongin?" Jongin nodded his head.

I turned around and walked over to my room. As i opened my closet doors, i just stood there staring at the row of clothes infront of me. "Mind if i help?"

I turned back and saw my sister leaning against my doorframe. "It's just a bench party, a small one maybe. I don't think i need to dress up and all"

"well, then why are you just staring at your pile of clothes instead of taking one and putting it on?" She chuckled.

"Fine, i don't know what to wear" I sighed.

"Let's see..." She pushed herself off from the doorframe and came towards me and my closet.

..

"She's done!" My sister said proudly.

"Let us see her!" Minah cheerfully said.

I walked out of my bedroom awkwardly. Sis had curled my hair into soft waves, chosen a high waisted skater skirt that was paired with a crop tank top which she decided that i should wear a thin cardigan as my outerwear. This wasn't my usual dressing that consists of my skinny jeans and flannel shirt.

"You look adorable!" Minah came over to me and linked her arm through mine.

I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and let out a shy smile. "We should go now or we will be late" Minah tapped my hand.

"You two take care of her alright? She's never been to such things before" My mom told both Jongin and Minah.

"Don't you worry Mrs Kang, she is in safe hands" Minah assured her and Jongin nodded his head while tapping one of his hand against his chest.

"Let's go, shall we?" Minah beamed.

"Alright, bye mom, bye sis" Mom hugged me and whispered "take care" in my ears and i gave her a nod followed by a smile.

My phone started to vibrate once i got inside Jongin's car,

From: Kim Jongin
-You really do look pretty today-

I looked up from my phone and saw Jongin giving me a smile so warm by the mirror.

My cheeks grew hot as i shyly smiled back.

..

"It's not so bad isn't it?" Minah came by my side with a glass of orange juice in her hand.

"Yeah, but this really isn't my kind of thing or place to hang out" I told her as i sipped onto my cup of ice tea.

"Not mine too but i couldn't just reject an invitation right? That will be kind of mean.." I gave her a nod. "i wonder where Jongin went to, he suddenly disappeared"

I looked around but didn't seem to spot Jongin anywhere near us. When all of a sudden i felt a zapped of coldness on my cheeks which made my whole body jumped from the cold. I turned around and realized that it was Jongin and he was holding onto three ice-cream cones. "Jongin! That's cold!"

He laughed.

Maybe just maybe i forgot to mentioned how much i love hearing his laughs. It was deep yet soothing to be heard. It's like the closest i could ever get to hearing his voice even though its just a stream of laughter and not words. Its been almost a month since we met and became friends, i have yet to even heard a single word coming out from his mouth.

I remembered asking Minah about it but all she told me was that Jongin only uses his own voice when he fully trust that person so i guess i'm still not that person whom he trust just yet or maybe i will never be that person.

I don't know why but that made me feel kind of down on the inside. I wanted to be his friend whom he can trust but certain things i just beyond our control, we can't control someone to make them trust them, it will all just happen naturally and i wish it will happen soon because i'm a trustworthy friend.

I hope.

"hey, what are you day dreaming about?" Minah nudged me on the arm and snapped me out of ny thoughts.

"Oh.. nothing just while spaced out" I shook my head and started my ice cream.

Then my phone vibrated in my pocket.

From : Kim Jongin

-Want to dance?-

I looked up from my phone screen and Jongin was already standing infront of me with one of his hand held out to me.

"Dance? Why me? Why don't you ask Minah?" I asked.

"I don't dance, never was a good dancer" Minah pouted. "So go on! Don't let the man wait for you" She pulls on my arm.

"But i don't dance" I told her and Jongin.

"Just take her away Jongin" Minah laughed and Jongin slipped his fingers through mine and pulled me into the sea of people dancing.

When we managed to find the right spot to dance on, the song changes. It wasn't even a song fit to slow dance instead it is some kind of electronic type of song. "Do you even know what kind of song is playing right now?" I asked him, taking my time saying each word so he could read them from my lips.

He shook his head and grinned.

"So you decided to just pull me here and dance with you without actually knowing what song is playing?"

He nodded his head.

"It's some kind of EDM music playing right now, i don't really know what the title is because this type of songs isn't my kind of song"  He looks confused, i guess he couldn't make out what i was saying.

So i grabbed him by the arm and pulled him along with me to the stereo that was nearest to us. I placed his hand against it. "Can you feel it now?" He nodded.

"I know this song" He mouthed to me and a smile appeared on his face.

"I really don't want to dance though Jongin.." I told him.

"Then watch me" He smirked and walked over to the crowd of people.

He started dancing to the beat of the song in the middle of the crowd and soon people were starting to move further away from him so that they could give him the space he wanted for his dancing. They started cheering for him and even the DJ playing the song was cheering for him.

He really was a great dancer, he definitely was. 

When the song finally came to an end and Jongin had stopped dancing, the whole crowd of people including me started cheering and clapping their hands and began chanting his name over and over again. I know he couldn't hear it but just by looking around, i'm sure he knows.

Minah made her way out of the crowd and wrapped both her arms around Jongin and he hugged her back with the brightest ever smile i had ever seen on him. Just when Minah pulled herself away from him, he leaned down to her and their lips made contact.

I stopped clapping.