02

Foul For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's not everyday you see a well-dressed, affluent, and strikingly handsome man being dragged down a street by a girl. Even rarer to see one carrying bag after bag of god knows what, not without some sort of butler carrying them for him. 

 

Well, not till that day.

 

I held on to Baekhyun's hand, ignoring his whiny and slightly schoolgirl-like protests, as I made my way to the cafe settled right in the heart of the city. After he had brought me (or more appropriately, dragged me) out of the office, I decided it was probably a good time to pick up a few stuff to fill up my closet after I had thrown out some clothes. 

 

(He should've known by now that few didn't actually mean little). 

 

"Can you at least help me with some of these?"

 

I turned around, eyeing his rolled up sleeves and wrinkled dress shirt. The drop of sweat that trickled right between the scrunch of his eyebrows, and that exasperated look in his eyes made me snicker at his misery. But that was all in my head, of course. I bit my lips to hold back the villain-esque evil laughter that was threatening to erupt from my mouth.

 

That still didn't stop the quiet chuckles that escaped my lips.

 

"Nah, I don't think so."

 

"Why don't we just drive there? My car's still at that mall a few blocks back!"

 

"I just want to spend some quality time walking around with my best friend, is that so hard to understand?"

 

I waved my hand around slowly, like swatting away a persistent fly, but a more nonchalant and teasing manner. He scoffed, and I heard the quiet utter of "bull" behind my back. I thought that maybe I had gone a little too far, but when I felt him squeeze my hand, I knew he didn't really object to it. Best friends was sometimes a synonym for servant, after all. 

 

The twinkling sound of the bell announced our entrance, and I clambered around the fairly packed settlement to get to the only available two-seater table. He dropped the bags on the ground, and slumped into the wooden chair, as I mock scolded him for being so careless with my purchases.

 

That earned me a glare that shut me up soon enough, and I flitted my eyes away, the view beyond the glass windows suddenly seeming interesting.

 

I found myself in the line at the counter, awaiting my turn to order. Several heads in front of me, the new face of an employee struggled to keep up with the rush of the lunch crowd, and I wasn't in the mood to about the slow service. Instead, I caught myself empathising with the boy's situation, flashes of my high school part-time job invading my mind. Back then, I had wanted to prove something to myself; that I was capable of being independent without my parents babying me every step of the way. Soon enough, I got the message across to them and they had let me move out during my college years. Probably not the best idea for a party animal of a teenager, but I turned out okay. 

 

Well, mostly. 

 

Flinching slightly when I heard the shrill voice behind me urging me to move forward, I was brought out of my reverie and approached the counter to place our orders. (Vanilla Creme Frappe for me and a Caramel Mocha Frappe for Baekhyun). I moved over to the other end of the counter, watching as the baristas blended and toasted and concocted the sweet, sweet treasure of life that was coffee. When I turned, drinks in hand, I caught the passing shadow of long, black locks passing our table, and a smiley Baekhyun with his eyes fixated on his hands. He played with his fingers, something only he'd do when he was nervous. I would know, I made him fear for his life most times after he decided to prank me. (Besides, I would play with my fingers too if they were as finely sculpted as his, looking like God personally crafted them). I felt a twinge in my chest at the sight. Something stirred in the deepest pits of my stomach, like a daunting feeling that crept up my insides before consuming me. 

 

Weird. 

 

I shrugged it off and made my way to him. Sliding his cup across the table, I eyed him and that unusual turn at the corner of his lips. 

 

"Okay, who'd you get in trouble with while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter