Starting a war

Queen vs King - How (not) to take revenge on your ex

Luhan stood still on his place where a few minutes ago Hye-rim faced the fact that she and Luhan were no longer in a relationship. The boy had seen the despair in her eyes although Hye-rim had been showing the proud, strong woman even in such a situation like this. But Luhan saw through this mask but he couldn’t feel sorry for her. Or at least he couldn’t show it. He couldn’t do anything else. No matter how much he was attached to his girlfriend, no matter how much he liked the fact that this spirited, strong miracle was by his side and just by his side, he had to do this. His remorse didn’t let him live his life without any words and mislead the girl so this seemed to be the best solution. Let Hye-rim go because he wasn’t worthy to stay by the queen’s side despite the things he told her ten minutes ago. He hadn’t meant those words! He had done that to make things easier for Hye-rim and not because he had wanted to hurt her.

The realisation suddenly slapped him in the face and he had no time to think what he was doing, his legs acted on their own and he started to run. To run after Hye-rim. To run after the girl who he loved so much but in the end he had hurt her.

Actually he had no idea why he had done that he had done. That other girl suddenly appeared in front of him in that party and he was too drunk to be aware of what he was doing. By the time he could realize the situation it was already too late. Everything had gone wrong. And that case, when the maths teacher caught them, was when he tried to tell the girl he didn’t want anything from her. But she didn’t look at him as just a one night stand and she simply kissed Luhan in the middle of the corridor although the king tried to protest. In vain. The girl was too violent but by that time Luhan didn’t want this. Moreover, he had never wanted it. And the remorse totally consumed him and it didn’t want him to rest until he reached the corner of the street and… and he saw Hye-rim in someone else’s arms on the ground. Although he didn’t see in whose arms because the boy showed his back to him but just the sight of them was totally enough.

Luhan couldn’t believe it. He had run here to apologise because it hurt so much for him too, he had run here to plead for mercy despite the fact that he wouldn’t have done it for someone else. He hadn’t run here to see that Hye-rim had already found someone instead of him – or who knows maybe there had been someone for a long time – and to see that someone had already taken his place.

For a moment he just stood there in silence, rooted to the spot and anger was slowly filling his brain up. That was the reason why he was unable to notice the fact that the boy was wearing exactly those clothes which Sehun wore that day. He clenched his hands into fists but didn’t go there. He knew something better than that. He turned around and left that place working out in his mind the details of the revenge. He will totally ruin her life. Even she wasn’t allowed to play with his feelings. Nobody. Yeah, he had made a mistake but he regretted it while Hye-rim immediately ran into someone else’s arms as if the time which she had sent with Luhan would have meant nothing to her. But Luhan didn’t care. No, he will make the girl desire him again, want only him and then he will pounce at her. In the most incautious moment. Because there was no girl in this world who was allowed to play with the king’s emotions.

 

 

“He couldn’t do this to me! It couldn’t happen!” Hye-rim was grasping the boy’s shirt crying so hard and Sehun was just her hair. He couldn’t do anything else.

“Ssh, calm down. You are on the street.” He warned the girl about that she shouldn’t give up his pride so easily. It wouldn’t be too nice if someone saw her in a state like this.

“I don’t care. I don’t care, do you understand, Sehun? It’s all the same now. When I arrive to school tomorrow, everybody will already know it and they will look at me with pity in their eyes. With pity! At me! At their queen!” At that moment her voice cracked and new tears welled up in her eyes. She couldn’t bear it. She felt as if everything was collapsing around her and she felt as if her life was destroy by this. It was too sudden. Too unexpected. Never dared she to think about that this could happen. She was almost about to plan their wedding. She saw the big ceremony in front of her eyes, when two of Seoul’s most well-known, high-ranked families become one and she saw in front of her eyes how beautiful children they will have. Because the fate made them for each other. They were doomed to this life and not to that the boy toss her away so easily. And cheat on her. He couldn’t do this to her. Their job would have been to die happily together and not this. To break up.

“They won’t look at you like that. You are strong enough. You have to show them that no one can precipitate you from your throne so easily.” Sehun was right. She couldn’t bury herself into the self-pity. She wasn’t that kind of girl who will watch terrible teen-dramas with a pile of tissues and a whole can of ice cream after a breaking up. No. Only the weak ones do that. And she wasn’t week. She was strong, independent and she would show Luhan that he had been wrong. She wasn’t just an arrogant princess. She was the queen! Who, if it’s necessary, reigns without the king.

“You know how stubborn he is. Often just the sudden emotions control him. Wait a little and maybe everything will be resolved.” Sehun knew that it wasn’t true. He knew because that was the reason why he was there. Luhan had told him everything about that certain night and girl and he made some hint recently about that he would break up with Hye-rim. Sehun surmised it. He knew him so well to know what was in his head and he knew that his remorse wouldn’t leave him alone. He had seen the signs on him and because of that he hadn’t gone to the restaurant with Tao and the boys. He knew that Luhan would take this step now and he knew that Hye-rim would need someone’s help as well. The boy would need a good friend too of course because probably he felt miserable too but Sehun decided that he would help the girl first. Because she was the victim now.

But he didn’t expected one thing. Hye-rim stopping the crying shook her head.

“No. I won’t wait for it.” She said wiping her tears down with the back of her hand. She hoped that her make-up hadn’t smeared too much.

“Then what will you do?” Sehun leaned back curiously. His hands were still on the girl’s waist but his face was suspicious. He surmised something bad.

“I will take revenge on him. I will make him feel everything that I feel now. I will make him regret all of these and I will make him beg for my mercy kneeling in front of my legs.” New flames of fire was burning in her eyes and Sehun didn’t like it. It wasn’t supposed to happen this way.

 

 

The next day was so unusual for both of them. When Hye-rim stepped out of the door, the Chinese boy wasn’t waiting for her wearing the usual school uniform with innocent doe like eyes but with sinful smirk on his face. And Luhan didn’t get up earlier to wait in front of the dorm for the naughty goddess who sometimes wore the skin of a cute little girl to begin their reign in their little kingdom. And it left a crack on their hearts but they patched it with the sweet, gluey revenge. They couldn’t let their emotions take the control over their minds. They couldn’t let themselves show any weakness.

Everybody felt the change around them. Their schoolmates shot weird glances at them when the couple didn’t arrive together to school which was too unusual. And it surprised their closest friends as well except one of them. Sehun. He knew about all of the happenings and he knew what had happened the previous day. After he accompanied Hye-rim home, he called Luhan with that innocent question if everything was okay because he had seemed to be so upset through the whole day. And the camouflage worked well. Luhan, knowing that he can rely on his best friend, told everything. He poured out his heart about the breaking up, and about that he knew the girl had someone. And of course Sehun was surprised hearing this but before he could try to clear this question because he didn’t understand where this idea came from, Luhan told him his plan of revenge. And Sehun’s guess was proved. This wasn’t supposed to happen but he tried to convince the boy to calm down in vain, Luhan acted the hot-tempered not too worthy of a king. And Sehun knew that anything good never turned out from it when he was so stubborn.

The weird looks even didn’t die out when Hye-rim stepped in. Every pair of eyes darted towards her and the students watched with unconcealed curiosity as she, not caring with them, was walking in the hall. Straight towards the boys in front of the lockers.

“Good morning, darling.” Xiumin greeted her with a nice smile when she passed in front of them but the only thing he got was a glance as cold as ice. The boy withdrew. He didn’t expected such a reaction and he decided that he would rather stay away from the girl because he knew: if she has a bad day, everybody has a bad day and if they are incautious enough, someone can land at the school nurse easily. But there wasn’t any retreating in Luhan’s plans.

“Hi.” And he pushed himself away from the locker which he had been leaning his back against so far. He leaned towards Hye-rim. His lips almost touched hers when the girl suddenly pulled away from him with questioning eyes. That moment was when the students realized, something was wrong between the royal couple.

“What are you doing?”

“Kiss you. Don’t act as if you didn’t know because both of us know how familiar you are with these things.” Hye-rim just wanted to punch him. Her eyes burnt with anger and she needed so much self-control not to fling her fist towards the boy’s supercilious expression rearranging those perfect lines of his face. “Plus I can kiss my girlfriend, can’t I?”

“The last time I checked I was single. Moreover, I heard it from your mouth yesterday.” She said roughly, and that moment was when the boys’ eyes around them widened so much that Luhan thought they would fall out of them. But he just rolled his eyes. He knew that it wouldn’t be so easy to make his plan work so he expected this kind of reaction from the girl.

“But babe~” Luhan tried to half-embrace Hye-rim but the girl grabbed his wrist and tightened it so strongly. Something wasn’t okay with this behaviour, Hye-rim could feel it.

“Stop it, now!” She hissed through gritted teeth then she let the boy’s hand go. Her glance was terrifying but it was just a mask. She had to cover that she had no idea what was going on. But she wasn’t willing to fall for Luhan’s dirty game.

“Guys, guys, I’m sure we could solve this without any circus.” Tao cut in but Sehun just put a hand on his shoulder and shook his head brokenly. They didn’t have a word in this argument and this was the reason why Sehun didn’t step in. Now it was their turn to solve their own things showing with it that they are mature enough to this task. Sehun’s point was that this was a test which showed if they were really worthy to reign.

“I don’t know what kind of game you are playing with me but I tell you now that it won’t work.” The girl grabbed Luhan’s collar. “So you can go back to that , her again or every time you wish but I warn you. If you think that I will leave it alone, you think it wrong. I am not that kind of person.” Their faces were dangerously close to each other. Luhan practically felt the girl’s warm breath on his face and he just let out a sarcastic chuckle.

“Oh I know it very well.”

“Okay, you could really tell us now what’s going on! What did you do?!” Baekhyun suddenly burst out and Hye-rim’s cold, deadly glance slid towards him. A small whimper left Baek’s mouth.

“Ask Luhan. I’m sure he happily tell you how big ‘king’ he is.” Hye-rim slammed closed the door of her locker, threw her hair over her shoulder and with straight back and a judging glance towards the king she left alone the boys. She was confused. But even this wasn’t able to overwhelm the anger which stormed through her like a tornado. Yeah, it was already sure. Nobody will have a good day today. The war just began.

 


 

a.n.: Sooo I hope you liked this chapter and sorry again for the grammar mistakes! ^^" 

I will try to bring some humour into this story because now I think maybe it's not too entertaining enough. If you have anything to tell me about (I mean critism too because I can learn from them too) just write down, I would be happy about any feedback! ^^ 

And many thanks to everybody who spent even just a little time to read this story! :3