Surprises

Queen vs King - How (not) to take revenge on your ex

a.n.: Omg, 32 subscribers?? Thank you so much. Really, really, really! I love you all. <3 And here's the new chapter. :D


 

Luhan stood in front of the nurse’ room rooted to the spot and he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He expected anything, really, anything but this. First he thought this was just coincidental and not that was happening which he thought was happening, but when Hye-rim got up from the grandstand and went straight towards Kris who just finished running, this fantasy broke. The girl walked to the president, gave him two kisses (!!!) on his cheeks, then they set off together. Luhan barely wanted to believe it. Was Hye-rim really willing to sink so deep that she was befriending with their enemy?!

So it immediately made sense with who Luhan had seen the girl that day, when they broke up and the anger flooded his brain faster than that time. He was standing there clenching his teeth and he was watching as his ex-girlfriend was leaving the place with his biggest enemy. The feeling wasn’t too great but maybe he needed it to step out of the deep hole of self-pity and with that his fighting spirit returned. He was about to go after them when suddenly a familiar face appeared next to him.

“Is she who I think she is?” Luhan didn’t look at Baekhyun whose gaze was following the „couple”. His eyebrows ran together.

“Yeah.” That was the only answer that the king gave his friend and by the time Baekhyun could open his mouth to ask why this was happening, Luhan had already told him what he knew about it. “I really don’t know, but I don’t like it either.”He shook his head, then started to walk towards the gate. Baekhyun didn’t realise first that Luhan had left him but then he ran after him.

“I know that this isn’t the topic now but I was wondering if you could help me out.”

“What do you want?” Luhan sighed because he already recognised the begging tone of Baek’s voice.

“Chanyeol said that he would just let me go in our room if I wear that terrible jumper which grandma had knotted me because he was threatened by Mum and you know how evil Mum is and how much Chanyeol is afraid of her and he is so strong and… I just really don’t wanna wear that~!” Baekhyun cried and grabbed Luhan’s arm. The king was wondering how the other hadn’t got tired of speaking.

“So you rather stay at my place than go home once with that jumper.”

“Luhan, please~. Just once.” Baek started to shake the other boy’s arm, who hated this whining so in the end he just gave up and rolled his eyes.

“Fine. But next time go and complain to Tao.” And with that Baekhyun jumped at Luhan happily as a little puppy who just got a new toy which he can tear into little pieces.

“You’re the best, Lulu!”

“You say to me that name once again, and I will really send you to Tao.” It was enough for the boy to shut up because he knew really well what it would be if he should stay at Tao’s place. And the top of it he really, really, really didn’t want to shower with the boy.

After it they left to Luhan's house. Because he could do it. If he wanted to sleep at home, they allowed him to sleep at home instead of the dorm.

 

“Did you get it?” Hye-rim looked up at Kris waiting while they were leaving the area of the school.

“Why else would I have looked up you?” Hye-rim shook Kris’ sarcastic answer off easily and she was still waiting for the boy to continue. “I’m giving it, calm down.” The president sighed then he was rummaging in his bag for a few seconds and in the end he handed a white envelope to the girl. “Here it is.”

“How did you get it?” Hye-rim took the letter with sparkling eyes. She was excited because this picture meant the first stop in her revenge.

“You said you didn’t care how I get it.”

“I’m a capricious person.” The queen shrugged while she checked the content of the envelope.

“Is it the certain picture?” Kris asked but the girl’s malevolent smile told everything about the action’s successfulness, plus the content of the picture was so talkative. The president didn’t know what Hye-rim wanted to do with that photo but just the signs were so promising. Kris was looking forward to seeing the king’s downfall and he was already ready to take the control of the school again. He was looking forward to the moment when Luhan will realise he doesn’t stand above anybody anymore. And Kris knew that Hye-rim was able to ruin the whole kingdom alone, and he will assist happily to her.

 “Yes.” The girl nodded happily then looked at Kris. “You did well.”

“Of course.” The president snorted. Of course he did well, he always did well. If he hadn't done everything so precisely, he wouldn't have been able to become the president. He had to act like this, he had to show power so at least he could keep a little of his authority. He wasn't powerless, he was just waiting for his comeback.

“Thank you again.” Hye-rim said and put the envelope in her bag.

“Where are you going?” Kris looked surprised because the girl glanced towards the opposite way than their dorm was.

“I have some stuffs to do, so from now I'm grateful for all of your efforts but now I have to act alone. See you in the school.” The girl smiled politely and the president just nodded. He knew that his duty hadn't ended yet so he was sure that the girl would come to him again soon. So he just nodded patiently.

“Sure. Good luck.” He leaned down and Hye-rim froze for a moment but when the boy kissed her cheek she calmed down. Yeah, she joined forces with Yifan against Luhan but they weren't this close. They just collaborated, but it was nothing more. It will be nothing more. Moreover Hye-rim felt as if she couldn't love anyone anymore. So she felt relief when Kris leaned back and he smirked.

“Don't look so desperate, you know I don't want anything from you.” Hye-rim raised her eyebrows as if she hadn't been afraid of Kris' approach.

“Yeah?” She asked.

“Yeah. We can say that you are not my style.” He said and his smile widened as he looked at the girl.

“What a pity. ’Cause you are my prince on white horse.” She shrugged but her innocent blinking didn’t create any effects on Kris.

“Did Luhan really fall for this?“ The president asked seriously. He couldn’t imagine why everybody was so enthusiastic about this girl. This arrogant Queen could twist every student around her little finger. Or at least this was what Kris saw.

“Yeah, just like the whole school. But you know this is not because they are weak. This is because I’m irresistible and powerful so don’t look at me like this. That’s all.” Hye-rim shrugged again. She put on the cold mask again because she had to show to Kris that nobody can call her power into question. “But now if you excuse me.“ The girl gave Yifan a disdaining glance. Once this stupid president will admit her power. Once this stupid president won’t think that he is above the girl.

Kris just laughed.

“I still can’t believe you. But I have to admit that it’s entertaining.” He slid his hands into his pockets and shaking his head he headed home still laughing.

 

After it Hye-rim set off too. She had her own direction and when she reached the big mansion, she smiled to herself. Finally. It started to become exciting and the gate which separated her from the best part was towering in front of her. Just one push on the door bell and…

“Yes?” A familiar voice sounded from the small display and when Hye-rim looked at the screen a smiling face greeted her. “Oh, Hye-rim, my Dear, come in.” And with that the large gate opened and Hye-rim went towards the big house. The front door was already open and when the girl stepped in, a warm hug welcomed her immediately.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Lu!” She laughed and returned the embrace. She really loved Luhan’s mother because the woman – since she knew that the girl was his son’s girlfriend – had behaved as if she had been her mother and not as her mother-in-law. Sometimes she protected Hye-rim from Luhan and took her side in their arguments.

“You haven’t visited us recently. I’m so disappointed.” Mrs. Lu pouted cutely, but it didn’t change her neat appearance. She was still beautiful despite the fact that she was nearly fifty and her wrinkles didn’t worsen her look. Moreover they made her look more graceful but her eyes shone playfully. There weren’t any doubt whom Luhan inherited his perfect features.

“I know, I know and I apologise but you know how hard a student’s life is.” Hye-rim laughed while stepped back from the woman.

“My useless son never shows any signs of it.” Mrs. Lu shook her head and waved to Hye-rim to follow her in the kitchen. “I’m starting to worry what he is doing in the school because it seems he does nothing just goes there to do God knows what. Sometimes he comes home and says that he is tired of the school so he wants to sleep at home but I really don’t know of what he is tired. I’m grateful that at least you are with him.” The woman looked back at the girl while was making some orange juice. Hye-rim showed her a bitter smile. So Luhan really didn’t tell his mother that he had broken up with the girl. Great.

“Yeah. Whatever.” She muttered so Mrs. Lu didn’t hear her. Then suddenly she remembered. Quickly she took the envelope out of her bag and while Luhan’s mother paid attention to make the juice she grabbed a pen and write something on the paper.

“So I’m listening.” Before Mrs. Lu put a glass in front of the girl, Hye-rim placed the envelope among the other letters on the table. “Tell me what’s up. I want to know everything since my great son never tells anything. Is he already planning the engagement?“ At that moment Hye-rim choked on the juice, and immediately put down the glass.

“What?!”

“Oh, it’s about time for you to engage each other. Both of you are eighteen and you are such a lovely couple… And I’m dying to have some grandchildren.” Hye-rim suddenly didn’t know what to say and no sooner did she open to answer than the front door opened.

“Mother, Baekhyun is sleeping here tonight.” Luhan’s voice came from the hall but when he stepped into the kitchen with Baek by his side, he froze.

“Looks like he replaced you with an idiot.” Mrs. Lu said to Hye-rim playfully who just eyed her ex-boyfriend curiously.

“But Mrs. Lu! Do I deserve this kind of treatment?” Baekhyun whined.

“Come here son, you know I love you.” The woman laughed. Meanwhile Luhan grabbed Hye-rim’s arm and started to pull her towards the front door.

“Hey, where do you take her?” Luhan’s mother asked but her son didn’t pay attention to her.

“Sorry Mum, but Hye-rim has to go.”

“But she just arrived…” But Luhan couldn’t hear this because he was already out of the house with the girl. He shut the door and pinned the queen against the wall.

“What are you doing here?” He hissed angrily. He couldn’t imagine why the girl was with her mother.

“I just thought to visit your mother. I really love her, she is so kind and…” But she couldn’t continue because the boy interrupted her.

“Okay, I don’t know what you want to show me but stop it. First you are with Kris, then you come to MY house to just chat with my mother. Who do you think you are?!” He didn’t want to shout so he restrained his voice. He didn’t want her mother to hear them because he hadn’t told her the breaking up yet. He wanted to protect her from the news because he knew very well how much she loved his ex-girlfriend.

“What? Are you jealous?” She smiled in disbelief. She felt as if they had played this round once but at that time the girl was the one who called to account the other.

Luhan wanted to say something but suddenly no voice came from his mouth. He was so close to the girl that he just wanted to kiss her, but then he finally came to his senses and shook his head.

“No. Of course I’m not. I just don’t understand that if I broke up with you, then why you befriend with our enemy and why you still at my house. It’s nonsense.”

“I have my own reasons.” The girl shrugged the hands off of her and stepped away from the wall. She was suddenly uneasy and just wanted to go home to wait for the results of her revenge. Or for the results of the first part of her revenge. “It’s time for me to go. Have fun and don’t forget, be careful with the seafood!” She winced at him and then left the mansion. Luhan just looked after her and he didn’t understand her last statement. Of course he was careful with the seafood. Eventually he was allergic to it.

Shaking his head he went in the house but as soon as he stepped in the hall, Baekhyun ran to him with a terrible expression on his face.

“Quickly. Come. I think something is not good.” He panted and there was a little fear in his eyes.

“Baek, what are you talking about?”

“Your mother started to read the letters and there was a white envelope on the table with the sign of ‘To Mrs. Lu from Hye-rim’. And because you are not together anymore I think it’s not from simple kindness.” When Luhan heard this he immediately ran to the kitchen where her mother held the certain envelope and was about to open it.

“No!” He shouted and with that he grabbed the paper. He gave it to Baekhyun who ran up the stairs into Luhan’s bedroom.

“What are you doing? I got it from Hye-rim!” His mother asked shocked. She didn’t understand this strange behaviour which his son had been showing since he arrived at home.

“I-it’s nothing, mother.”

“Give me back that letter. It’s for me.” Her voice was threatening but it couldn’t scare Luhan. He was used to these glances and by now he had become immune to it.

“No. Hye-rim…” He didn’t know how to express himself. Still, he didn’t want to tell Mrs. Lu that this letter was to ruin Luhan’s life and not because it was a kind gesture towards his mother. But then a fantastic idea came to his mind. “Hye-rim unintentionally changed two letters and she told me to take this back to her. Then she will send you the real letter.” The internal Luhan screamed because of this beautiful save.

“Oh, fine. But you could ask me to give it to you more nicely.” Mrs. Lu lectured his son kindly. “Go to your room, I’m sure Baekhyun found something to eat from your stuffs.” She laughed and she didn’t know how much she was right. Luhan nodded, and by the time he arrived in his room, Baek had already been eating the cookie that Kai gave Luhan that day.

“That’s mine.” Luhan grimaced and sat down next to his friend on his bed. He took the white envelope in his hand.

“Yeah, but these cookies are really good. Kai really knows something.” The boy held the box to Luhan, who took one piece while he was eyeing the paper. He was curious about the content of the letter but he was afraid too. “So?”

“Yeah, it’s really delicious.” Luhan nodded but Baekhyun slapped his arm. “What?”

“I meant the envelope. Open it.” The king hesitated for a moment but when Baekhyun pushed a new cookie in his mouth, he gave up. He swallowed the caramel cake while slowly tore up the paper. He widened the envelope and pulled out its content. But when he saw what it was, his chin fell down.

“That .” He hissed when he sawed the picture of him and Xiumin in that certain party. Kissing. Because both of them were drunk and it was truth or dare, and the king couldn’t withdraw. So he did it and Chen captured that moment.

“Oh my…” Baekhyun glanced at the photo, but at that moment Luhan started to cough. And it wasn’t because of the picture. “Hey, are you okay?”  

 


 

P.s.: Okaay so maybe something is not too clear now, but I hope you understood the most part of this chapter. And yeah, the ending will be explained in the next chapter, so look forward to it! I think I will keep this 2 weeks as a habit in uploading the chapters. I hope it is okay for you.

Love you all! <3