Chapter Seven

No Rest For The Wicked

Eun-Mi came back to her dorm at exactly 11p.m.. She was dead tired, since the day before she hasn't slept a wink. She was craving sleep, she was craving the warmth of her bed. She has forgotten about the feeling—the fear—that took over her the last time she attempted sleeping. 

So she took off her shoes, carelessly kicked them aside and lazily threw herself on the bed.

 

Mark woke up as the clock ticked to three. His eyes shot open and fear grabbed him. The dream he had, terrifying. He sat up, messing with his hair. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. Then he tried recalling what his dream was about. All he could think of was murder and blood ... all that blood.

His heart beat fast, and his head ached. His hands found their way to his head.

Certain flashbacks—memories he doesn't recognize rushed into his brain. He closed his eyes shut, closing his ears. It was himself, he saw himself, smiling with such joy.. It was weird, seeing him in such feeling. It affected him both physically and mentally. He felt himself getting dragged from under the bed and he found himself falling down. He had both elbows on the floor, his knees bent to back away. 

Then, nothing happened. It was suddenly so silent.

Afraid that something will attack him, he decided to wait for a few seconds before trying to get up. After that, he moved a little, getting nothing. Then he stretched his legs.

Nothing. He sat up still.

Nothing. So he called it, deciding that standing up will do him no harm. But he was wrong. So wrong, indeed.

A figure crawled towards him. A figure he doesn't recognize. It screamed, “You did this! You did this to me!”. It was bloody. As in, every part of it's body is bloody. It dragged itself towards him, leaving blood on the white tiled floors. Mark was terrified, he raised a brow and backed away. But his back slammed against the cupboard too quickly. 

He tried standing up but when he did, the creature grabbed his ankle. Then when it got close, it climbed to his legs.

“If I'm going to hell, you're going with me,”

 

Eun-Mi woke up at the sound of screams. Her eyes shot open and she immediately covered herself with her blanket. 

“Help!” She heard, followed by a knock on the door. And from one knock, a thousand bangings appeared. She covered her ears and closed her eyes again. But she opened them all again when she heard Min-Young's bed creak. 

With joy and relief, she went over to Min-Young, who was wide awake and shocked. “What the,” she stopped, raising a brow at Eun-Mi. Eun-Mi just hugged her sister and started to cry. 

“It's starting again..”

 

“I don't know you!” Mark shouted, searching for something to defend him. Knowing that his sharp tools are taken away, he cursed. 

“Don't play dumb, young boy.” The creature was now inches away from him, hands on his cheeks. It's rotten nails scratching on it.

He closed his eyes, shouting for another help.

 

“W-What do you mean it's starting again?” Min-Young asked, returning the hug. 

“He—”

The door swung open and there, standing by the doorway was a boy. “You girls okay?” He asked. Min-Young shook her head, a little bit relief. Almost everybody was awake.

Although Eun-Mi's tears were clouding her eyes, she could still see who that boy was. It was Jae-Bum and he looked slightly concerned over the way Eun-Mi cried, curled up into a ball into her sister's arms.

It was touching yet sad to see.

Jae-Bum then pushed himself to the room next door. Eun-Mi heard more and more bangings. “Mark, we're your friends,”

The bangings that occured were just the sound of the guys trying to break in. Eun-Mi got out of bed and closed the door. Then her back slid down the door.

“I'm scared..”

 

Mark stopped screaming when the creature disappeared. He landed on the floor and then he breathed for air. Then, he heard people outside. He heard someone crying next door. Was she in trouble? Was she attacked again?

He stood up and opened the door.

Not because of the riot outside, but because of Eun-Mi. 

Oh god, he thought. Have I grown obsessed with this girl?

But seeing as she wasn't there with the crowd outside, he had other thoughts. Maybe she was scared of him?

Jackson pushed the crowd aside and looked at Mark. He did nothing and just stared.

At his bruised cheek, his bleeding cheek.

Mark touched his cheek and felt some sort of liquid. At first he thought it was tears but once he looked at what fell down his cheek, he saw blood. 


“You're just like an angel,
your skin makes me cry ... 
But I'm a creep,

— Creep, Radiohead