Chapter Five

No Rest For The Wicked

Note: Short chapter ahead. Thanks for all the nice comments and upvotes and whatnot. I appreciate that ^^

Mark was in his room walking over the same spot again and again with both hands tugging on his hair. He was nervous, sweating and afraid. That was unusual; him being afraid. Maybe he was afraid of what he did to Eun-Mi. He had touched her and scared her. That didn't seem like him.

No, he thought, why would I care about that.

He finally sits at the corner and looked at his hands, the hands that destroyed the being, the hands that touched the terrified girl.

He rubbed his hands against his jeans, fast enough to create heat in his hands. He looked at his cut and digged his finger in it, rocking back and forth again. He heard footsteps outside and the chattering of people. That meant one thing: he had to go to class. He groaned, maybe he should not. He might use Mr. Jo as an excuse. But then again, Mr.Jo would spend 10 minutes on him, lecturing about the importance of class and it's benefits.

He threw something across the room, creating a huge thud. Then, the door swung open and Jackson entered without permission. He slammed the door shut, glaring at Mark. He sat on the edge of Mark's bed with both elbows on his thighs. 

Mark sighed. He knew he should've lock the door.

‘Something happened last night,’ he started, looking at him coldly. Mark laughed, nodded and looked away as if uninterested.

Jackson looked at him with disgust, ‘What is wrong with you?

Mark shook his head, staring at him with a grin. ‘No, no, no.. What's wrong with you?

‘You're the one playing games; you summoned a ing demon last night. You're suppose to be glad that I killed that motherer before it came to you. Come to think of it again, maybe I should've let it kill the both of you unappreciative morons,’ Mark snorted, rolling his eyes.

Jackson stood up, ignoring his statement. ‘She knocked on my door, Mark. She was scared.‘

You should've handled it when it comes for me,’ he continued.

‘And let it kill the girl? Yeah, you'd make a brilliant superhero, Jackson,’ Mark snorted, his finger brushing against the blood seeping out. Jackson groaned and twisted the door knob.

‘I shouldn't've trusted you,’ Mark growled, accidentally letting his nails scratch another surface of his skin.

 

Eun-Mi told herself that she was hallucinating and that she should attend class no matter how sick she is. Literally, sick. Somehow she had a massive headache after the incident. It was a good thing Min-Young brought medicine from home, since both of them easily catch colds.

Min-Young and Eun-Mi went out together to go for their class. 

‘Are you okay, Eun-Mi?’ She asked, obviously concerned.

Eun-Mi nodded, looking anxiously everywhere but her.

‘Anything happened while I was asleep?

Eun-Mi shook her head, playing with her hands.

‘Have you eaten?

Eun-Mi stopped and shot a look at her. ‘I'm fine. Ask someone else that, OK? I'm fine.’ 

Then she walked fastly, avoiding Min-Young. They were planning on joining Fiction Writing. Which is because they enjoy writing fan-fictions in their spare time. When she entered, she looked at everyone in it but only one caught her attention; the boy she met last night. 

She looked away immediately. Don't look at him, she thought. Instead, she found herself stopping when she heard someone call her name. ‘Eun-Mi? Sit here!’ Followed by a few pats on a chair.

She looked at him and saw him smiling at her. She returned the smile, hoping he doesn't notice the gloominess. She marched towards the place he 'reserved' for her. She found herself making a straight face immediately. Then, Min-Young walked in, looking a little bit pissed off.

 

After class, Jaebum asked if she wanted to eat with him. Eun-Mi nodded with no emotion. But she tried maintaining the fake smile, anyway. They went to the cafeteria and Jaebum brought two plates of rice and chicken soup. She somehow felt relaxed. ‘Why are you doing all this?’ She asked, scooping a spoon of rice.

He shrugged. ‘This might be my last year here, you know. And I've never hung out with a freshman before.

They began talking about who they are and what they did before college. And Eun-Mi's fears slowly left her.


“But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo, what the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here,”
— Creep, Radiohead