Chapter One

No Rest For The Wicked

Eun-Mi raised a brow, standing in-front of her room with a big luggage in one hand.  The room had two single beds sitting by the light gray walls. In between the two beds stood a study table, meaning they have to share. Underneath it was a circle rug that covered a part of the tiled floor.

She dragged her luggage into the room and placed her luggage by her bed. Behind the door was a small closet, a few extra pillows stacked on the floor and colorful folded blankets. She then threw herself down on her bed and let out a long sigh. ‘Mom, dad, I'm finally here,’ she muttered, breathing heavily. The door was still open, meaning passers-by could see her. But she was too tired to close the door, after all, Min-Young would be arriving in any minute now.

Eun-Mi heard loud footsteps coming from outside and assumed it was just one of the boys. 

I'm glad you came back, man!’ Some guy yelled, his voice echoed through the hall. Eun-Mi took a pillow that sat against the headboard and brought it to her face. 

But just as she did, the door swung open. She was too lazy to push away her pillow, so instead, she let out a groan. ‘Eun-Mi, some guy ran up to me and told me there's this Halloween party later,’ it was Min-Young, obviously. She pushed the pillow away from her face and stared at her.

She sat up and took her boots off, ignoring what Min-Young announced.

Min-Young rolled her eyes and said, ‘I told you to sleep last night. But oh no, you wasted your time on this piece of junk college.

Eun-Mi glared at her. ‘Junk?’ she muttered. Min-Young nodded, sitting down on her bed. ‘You think I came here for nothing?

Min-Young groaned, ‘I'm just saying,

Eun-Mi was about to protest but the door opened, again. A guy's head came peeking in.

‘Yo,’ he roared. ‘I heard you're the only girls here,’ he smiled.

Min-Young grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it at the door. Not because she was angry but she was a little freaked out about the whole college thing. The boy's head disappeared when the pillow slammed against the wall, then he came back.

‘Eh, a little feisty too,’ he said, shooking his head.

Then he opened the door wide and leaned against the door frame. ‘So, here are the rules—’

Min-Young cut him off, ‘What do you mean 'rules?'

The boy raised a brow, waving a hand in the air, ‘Woah, okay, um, freshman, it's the boys lounge you're in and it's kinda different than the girl's,

Eun-Mi watched the scene go by.

‘First rule is; don't go knocking on any of our doors at nights unless you're in serious trouble. Second rule is,’ he smirked, looking at the both of them. ‘If you wanna see us , you could just—’ Min-Young took another pillow and threw it at him, this time out of anger. He catched it though, throwing it to the floor.

Get the out,’ Min-Young hisse

He raised a brow and hummed. He stretched his arm out to grab the door knob and once he got hold of it, he said, ‘I'll just leave this here. It's a good thing I printed one. I've been expecting freshmans like you,’ He smiled a little, taking out a booklet from his back pocket.

Min-Young rolled her eyes, glaring at Eun-Mi, then at him. He was about to hand it over to Min-Young but decided to hand it over to Eun-Mi instead. He gave Eun-Mi a long stare. 

‘The rules are important,’ He stated, turning his back on both of them before getting out of the room. 

Soon, it was silent - leaving an awkward feel in the room. Min-Young's hands found it's way to her neck and she started massaging them. She then stared at Eun-Mi.

‘And I hate this place already,’ Min-Young muttered.

 

Everyone stared at Mark as he walked. Everyone laughed at him, scowled at him, taunted him.. He hates it when that happens. 

‘Oh, well,’ he muttered, chuckling, earning more weird stares from people surrounding him. 

‘Freak,’ A boy purposely bumped into him, hard. He continued walking, ignoring the fact that his shoulder hurts. 

He smirked, entering his room, which he got all to himself this semester. Which was a relief.

He closed the door behind him and threw his bag across the room. He sat on his bed, the same bed from last year, and clutched the sheets. ‘I guess I'm stuck in here again,

 

Eun-Mi and Min-Young didn't know about the Halloween party and they didn't bring any costumes either. They decided to turn up in their casual clothes.

Eun-Mi wore a bat sleeved chiffon T-shirt along with a pair of jeans. She had her hair tied into a bun and wore a pair of Vans. Min-Young wore a gray long-sleeved shirt that has the words, 'BKLN (1986)' on it. She wore a pair of shorts and a -colored sandal.

When they got out, plenty of people hung out in the hall. Two boys were going to walk pass them. They wore costumes; one was wearing a Harry Potter costume and the other was going as James Dean. Eun-Mi went up to them and said, ‘Hey, you two,’ 

They stopped, staring at her. ‘Could you show us where the field is? We're heading to the party,’ she rubbed her arm with a shy smile.

The boy looked at her weird. She knew what he was thinking, ‘What the is a girl doing in the boys' lounge?’

In spite of that, he nodded slowly. She muttered a thank you before following the two boys.


there is always a place for the wicked to stay