4383:00:00:00 (10 Years)

Counting down the Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Siblings are the people we practice on,

the people who teach us about fairness, cooperation, kindness, forgiveness and caring-

quite often the hard way." 

 

Rated M for language (only until first break)

 

Minseok clasped his hands over his little brothers ears and shut his own eyes. He was crouching in a small, enclosed closet and the wood barrier blocked some noises coming from the kitchen, but not enough. Sehun, his younger brother was clinging to Minseok, too young to fully understand what was going on, but old enough to know something bad was happening; hell, even Minseok wasn't suppose to be old enough to understand, but the circumstances he were in made him more mature then others his age. Screams and glass shattering were heard, making Minseok wrap his arms around Sehun tighter. 

"Shhh, it's all right. It'll be okay, just go to sleep Sehun-ah." Minseok whispered into his little brothers hair and soon enough the exhaustion caught up to him and he fell asleep leaning agaisnt Minseok. 

Glass shattering was heard; there goes the last glass cup we have.

"You're such a useless !"

The sound of a chair or something wooden breaking was heard; I'll probably have to eat standing from now on.

"At least I'm not some sort of thieving alchoholic!"

Large amounts of glass breaking was heard at once, followed by Minseok's fathers screaming; a sober father was a cranky, abusive father.

"You ing slu-"

A loud slap ringed through the house and for a moment there was silence, and then the screams and shouts got louder. Soon Minseok's right shoulder met with a immense pain and as fast as it came, it dissapeared. Minseok didn't even need to wonder what it was.

Happy 10th Birthday..

Just 12 more years.

 

 

"Minseok may I talk to you?" Minseok's teacher, Mr Kim, was standing by the classroom door. Minseok froze and looked at his teacher warrily, he had to be at Sehun's school to pick the younger up and besides staying behind to talk to a teacher was never a good thing. Minseok considered running for it, but Mr Kim noticing his students hesitance closed the class door and walked over to his desk, motioning with his hand for Minseok to follow him. With small shuffles Minseok quietly made his way over to his teacher.

"Did I do something wrong?" Minseok murmured into his gangly scarf, the teacher looked confused for a moment and smiled comfortingly.

"No Minseok you didn't do anything wrong." Minseok looked up confused, then why was he..

"Why did you call me then?" As these words tumbled out of Minseoks mouth, a slight wave of seriousness passed over Mr Kim's face but as fast as it came, it dissapeared. 

"You never handed the parent conference sheet in Minseok-ah. Did you just forget?" Minseoks eyes widened, he had purposely thrown the sheet out as soon as he got it, fully knowing that such things shouldn't exist for him.

"M-mom has work and d-dad's also busy with work so.." Minseok stuttured trying to find suitable excuses for his needy parents.

"Its alright. There's always next time right?" Mr Kim interrupted Minseok and smiled at him.

"Y-yeah.." Minseok looked down at his shoes that used to be white but had now turned a dirty mud coloured colour and the next thing he knew was that a warm presence had found its way to Minseok's neck. Looking up surprised he saw his teacher crouching down and Mr Kim's scarf around his neck. 

"You looked a little cold. Now go! Your brother is probably waiting for you." Minseok nodded and quickly ran out, it had been a while since someone actually cared about whether he was cold or not. Minseok smiled and gripped the scarf around his neck, it was perfect for Sehun to keep warm.

As Minseok ran out the classroom Mr Kim looked at his student that had left him. He sighed and looked down at a sheet that had been overturned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter