four

Imagine (JongHo Oneshot/Drabble Series)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Insecure

Rating: PG

Words: 1000+

Prompt: link

It takes Minho a while to get used to seeing light emitting from Jonghyun’s room late at night again. For the past few months, Jonghyun hasn’t been living at the dorm but rather with his family. But now as his schedules have picked up with the release of his solo album approaching, Jonghyun decided it’d be easier (mostly for their manager) if he moved back to the dorm.

 

Minho’s so happy to be in such close proximity with his boyfriend all the time now. And he can tell Jonghyun loves it too – if the feather light kisses he places on Minho’s face before he leaves for early morning schedules are anything to go by.

 

Except, now it’s nearly 2am and Jonghyun doesn’t sound happy at all. Minho stands outside of the elder’s bedroom, eyebrows furrow as he listens to Jonghyun’s muffled sobs through the door. He wonders what on this earth could be bothering Jonghyun when the man’s been smiling from ear to ear since this week began.

 

Minho opens the door as quietly as he can, knowing Jonghyun hates being startled. The shorter man’s heaving back is facing him. Minho feels his heart sink.

 

“Jjongie?” He begins softly. Jonghyun makes a small noise of acknowledgment which sounds like a miserable groan if anything.

 

Minho sits gently onto the bed, wrapping his arms around his hyung. He notices Jonghyun’s laptop is open on his lap but he doesn’t think much of it. “Why is ‘Mr. All-Kill’ crying?”

 

Minho feels Jonghyun tense at the nickname.

 

“D-don’t call me that.” He whispers.

 

Minho frowns. Jonghyun loves that nickname. His face lights up like a kid on Christmas whenever the members – whenever anyone actually – mentioned his position in the charts. “Hyung…tell me what’s wrong.”

 

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Jonghyun hiccups.

 

Minho squeezes Jonghyun tightly around his middle. “I’m not letting you go until you do.”

 

The older man sighs, but Minho knows all too well that he secretly likes the attention.

 

“P-people are saying…that the only reason I’m in the charts is because of Haesol…”

 

Minho chuckles, releasing his hold on Jonghyun. Here he was thinking that it was something serious. “Are you seriously crying over that hyung? You know that’s not true.”

 

A strangled noise makes its way past Jonghyun’s throat, as if he wanted to combat Minho’s words, but instead he just sighs and inches away from his younger boyfriend.

 

“Seriously? Why do you care about a few negative comments? You know there are always gonna be people who don’t like our work.” Minho thinks back to when he’d learned that the hard way a year or two after SHINee had debuted. People on the internet showed absolutely no mercy when it came to their hate. Minho presumes it’s because people feel empowered by the anonymity.  

 

“It’s not just a few negative comments Minho!” Jonghyun bites onto his trembling bottom lip, finally bothering to turn and face his boyfriend.

 

 Minho look

Please log in to read the full chapter