ten

Imagine (JongHo Oneshot/Drabble Series)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Notes

Pairing: Jongho

Words: 1,125

Inspired by: this (it's kind of a spoiler if you read this 'prompt' first tho)

‘Who do you like?’

 

Minho stares wide eyed at the words scrawled messily upon the scrap of paper in his hands. He glances at the writer of said note, blush coming to his cheeks when he notices Jonghyun’s staring intently at him.

 

Kim Jonghyun, a boy one year his senior that Minho’s harboured a major crush on ever since his best friend Kibum introduced the two. Jonghyun had started school a year late which had luckily landed him in a lot of Minho’s classes. Minho isn’t quite sure if it was Jonghyun’s smile when they first met or the elder’s adorably dorky personality, but he is completely enamoured with the older boy.

 

He glances at the note again, biting his bottom lip in thought. They’ve been passing notes all class, sitting close enough to pass the small pieces of paper but not close enough to talk without getting caught. Their conversation had started off basic enough, short sentences about gossip and complaints about school work – how it had somehow escalated to this, Minho wasn’t too sure.

 

He scribbles a few words on the flip side of the same piece of paper, feeling flustered as he reaches out to place it on Jonghyun’s desk.

 

‘Who do you like?’ Is what Minho’s note says with the ‘you’ underlined.

 

He tries to focus on taking down the notes being written on the whiteboard and not Jonghyun’s expression upon reading his question. He figures Jonghyun will probably write the name of some pretty noona he’s friends with – maybe then Minho can get some closure and realize that he doesn’t have a chance with the older male. He can always come up with some random person to write as his ‘crush’ when Jonghyun undoubtedly asks him again.

 

Jonghyun’s response however, is not what Minho expected.

 

‘I asked you first.’

 

Minho groans internally, glancing at Jonghyun who gestures for him to write the name of his crush on the piece of paper.  Minho instead rips a larger piece of paper from the back of his book and writes a response.

 

‘Let’s both write them down and hand the notes to each other at the same time.’

 

Minho bites his lip nearly fidgeting in his seat from nervousness as Jonghyun nods in his direction. He wonders if he should really go through with this, revealing to Jonghyun that the person he likes is him of all people. What if Jonghyun doesn’t feel the same way? Then their friendship will be ruined and things will remain forever awkward between them due to their significant number of mutual friends.

 

Minho sees Jonghyun smiling at him from the corner of his eye, note already clasped in his palm ready to be passed. That bright smile makes Minho dispel the negative thoughts as he writes a small ‘you’ in the center of the paper. He needs to man up. Jonghyun’s his first real crush since he entered his teens and he’ll be d

Please log in to read the full chapter