twelve

Imagine (JongHo Oneshot/Drabble Series)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Gift

Rating: G 

Words: 1,426

Summary: Jonghyun doesn't care much for Christmas. But if he could have a gift it would be Minho.

Jonghyun doesn’t particularly get the hype about Christmas. Yeah, the trees and lights are pretty and the food is good, but he’s not religious nor does he particularly care about gifts – The love of material things is the problem with today’s world – so he doesn’t go out of his way to celebrate it.

 

Instead come Christmas morning he’s buried in his sheets, watching video after video of dogs doing cute things while simultaneously chatting with s. His mother and sister had already been to his room and wished him a good morning before they headed out to mass. Jonghyun knew by now that this particular service tends to be especially lengthy so he doesn’t expect them back for a few hours. It’s just him and Roo, although Roo is ignoring him, snoozing peacefully in her dog bed at the moment.

 

Jonghyun opens up the SHINee group chat once he sees a notification that Kibum had just posted a picture flash across his screen. The four other members of SHINee had been up from the wee hours of the morning, wishing each other ‘Merry Christmas’ and talking about what their plans were for today. They all were spending the holiday with family and friends, thankful for the lack of touring and schedules this time of year.

 

Jonghyun is confused as to why Kibum has randomly shared a picture of himself in a clearly expensive coat until he reads the caption.

 

‘Look what Minho bought me for Christmas you guys! He loves me the most kekeke~’

 

Jonghyun frowns at the screen looking at the designer fabric draped across Kibum’s shoulders.

 

Why would Minho buy Kibum a present and not him?

 

Sure Minho and Kibum were pretty close, but Jonghyun always thought that they were more so.

 

Now he’s not so sure.

He sulks, not commenting on the picture but instead watching as Taemin and Jinki comment on how nice the jacket looks on him and how it must have costed Minho a fortune.

 

Minho replies with a ‘^^ it did’ and Jonghyun’s heart sinks. He’s always been a little possessive over Minho, always getting a bit jealous whenever the younger man gets too close to others. But he refuses to admit that maybe he likes the younger man a little more than a friend should.

 

Jonghyun decides to change the topic.

‘I’m lonely, do any of you wanna come over and cuddle with me?’

 

Jonghyun expects the ‘That’s what teddy bears are for’ comment from Jinki and the cheeky ‘Don’t you have a dog hyung’ from Taemin. He even guesses that Kibum will send an eye roll emoji and the younger man does not disappoint. What Jonghyun doesn’t expect however is the lack of reply from Minho.

 

Their relationship has always been more on the flirtatious side, especially via text so Jonghyun’s disappointed that there’s no ‘I’ll be there soon hyung’ or wink emoji from the younger male.

 

He turns off his phone after that, going back to cooing over cute puppies in attempts to lift his mood.

 

 

*

 

 

About 30 minutes later, halfway through his 42nd dog video Jonghyun hears the doorbell ring. He grabs a shirt to cover his bare torso and pads downstairs with red socks covering his feet.

 

Standing on his doorstep, bundled up in warm winter wear, looking all cute and cuddly is a bare faced Choi Minho.

 

“Hi hyung.”

 

Jon

Please log in to read the full chapter