The first practice & her dream.

Luminosity (rewrite)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



The six boys gathered in the living room as Suho prepared the projector and adjusted it so they could receive a video call from the professor, Hyung Don. (A/N: Yes the prof is Hyung don from weekly idol LOL.. And you'll see why very, very soon)

 

Ever since any of them could remember, he had always stood as the father figure in their lives. The boys had either been found helplessly living on the streets, abandoned, or in the care of an orphanage and thus the professor had brought them to his institution that was funded by his many experiments of mystic origins.


As they became older, he explained that each of them had the “sight” and it was not a sheer coincidence that he handpicked the six of them. The sight was the ability to see otherworldly and mythical creatures that mere humans were not able to see. He trained them diligently, helping them study folkloric tales, and even instructed them on the use of glamour. Glamour was the simplest form of magic that disguised mythical folk from the eyes of the mundane world.


They then adopted to becoming detectives that would help protect the fabled society and seek out justice that was not of human origin. However, they neglected one factor: combat. And due to that circumstance, during an investigation involving a lycanthrope, Sehun and Baekhyun had nearly perished in the creature's grasp, Kai and Chanyeol were left with severe scratches, Suho lost an ample amount of strength, while Kyungsoo was left with a broken wrist. It took them about 3 years to regain their strength, but now they were as ready as ever to return to their detective lives.


Kyungsoo was the first boy that Hyung Don had taken in. When he was young the professor found him on the streets, struggling to find food. At first he was unkind, expressionless, impassive and refused to let anyone get close to him due to the fact that he was abandoned as a baby and had no recollection of his parents whatsoever… Until the professor had shown him love and treated him as if he was his own flesh and blood, just like the other five.


Kai was second to be added to the family. As Hyung Don encountered him on a trip to the marketplace, the boy was caught stealing loaves of bread, which caused the lanky man to help him and eventually take him in. He gave Kai another chance and with much coercion the boy accepted him and finally opened up.


Baekhyun was older than the two and was attached to one of the girls from his orphanage, who acted like a noona to him. It was a hard departure for them both and after a few years Baekhyun learned to accept it after hearing that his noona was now married and started a family of her own.


Sehun was the youngest of the bunch and was very playful, deceptive and also had a mysterious side to him. He and Chanyeol were adopted from the same orphanage and Sehun often cringed when he encountered females, which caused the boys to wonder if he was scarred when he was a child. Chanyeol was a strong little boy who was very determined and stayed cheerful even at the worst of instances, even when a girl in his former orphanage never accepted his hundred cranes, nothing upset the extroverted boy.


And lastly, the oldest of the group was Suho. He was the one who seemed to take charge of most situations and knew exactly how to calm each of the boys down, thus the professor named him the leader.

 

“Maknae move your huge enormous ! I swear you take up 3 spaces!” Kyungsoo complained as he tried to fit on the couch beside Sehun, Kai and Chanyeol. 

 

“Sit on me then.” Sehun joked, playfulness hinting in his eyes, causing Kyungsoo to shoot daggers at him.

 

“Sehun you shouldn’t anger Soo, you know how he gets when you annoy him…” Baekhyun shivered as he remembered the time that the latter kept him in a headlock for consenting to Sehun and Kai using his beloved kitchen.

 

“Fine omma Soo, since you gave me an extra helping of sausages this morning I’ll sit on the floor.” The latter said, throwing a pillow on the ground and sitting on it.

 

“Oh Sehun! You're going to dirty the cushion- PROFESSOR!!!“ Kyungsoo’s eyes widened when a short lanky man with choppy black hair, funny expression and a monocle that was stationed above his large nose, appeared on the wall as a projection.

 

“Ah! Kyungsoo my boy! How have you been? I trust that you are providing the rest of the boys with healthy alternatives and that Kai there isn’t gorging on chicken again.” He said in a sharp hoarse voice.

 

“Sorry that’s far from impossible, he even sleepwalks to the fridge… Even if you taped him to the bed, nothing would ever stop him from fried chicken. But yes actually I’ve been great! I have a book filled with these new modern recipes that I’ve created, maybe I can send you something next time? Kimchi fried rice perhaps?” He smiled cheerfully while Kai nodded in agreement.


"Omma Soo speaks the truth."

 

“Why did I even have to ask about that? Well Kai, how is your workout training going? Seems that your shoulders have become much broader.”

 

“Yep, do ya wanna see my progre-“ Chanyeol quickly covered him as he was about to remove his navy shirt.

 

“This one takes pleasure in walking around with no shirt on, because he enjoys showcasing his hard work and bragging to the ones with no abs.” He turned to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, who rolled their eyes simultaneously.

 

“Please, you should see my guns.” Baekhyun said as he pulled his sleeves up and flexed his so-called muscles.

 

“Haha, well I’m glad to hear that you’ve gotten stronger! I’m afraid you might gather hoards of female followers if you keep that up though Kai. Baekhyun, I really do miss your melodious voice. Have you been singing lately?”

 

“Yup, the other night when we were roommates, our little Sehun here had a really bad nightmare so I sang him a little lullaby and he slept like a baby-“

 

“Hyung!!! You weren’t supposed to tell anybody that!!!” The maknae glared at the latter and the rest of the boys laughed.

 

“I really do applaud you my boy. Now Chanyeol I trust that your archery skills have improved? I hear that you’ve also grown an inch since the last time I saw you?”

 

“Yep, I tower over puny Kyungsoo like- Oww! Okay sorry don’t kill me! I’m 1.85 m now… Can’t go into the attic anymore. Anyways, yeah! The archery is going really well, I think I’ll soon be able to light them on fire and-“ Chanyeol explained as the wide eyed boy punched his arm.

 

“Don’t even think about it, you’re not burning the institute down.” Suho said.

 

“Yes, debt is inevitable if you think about that. So Suho my boy, you seemed very excited to share some information with me. I trust that you are doing well in guiding the boys.”

 

“I’m doing well… I’ve done roommate transitions just so the boys can work on their relationships with one another. I mean it is a team effort after all right? But anyways, prof… I know this is a big favour to ask, considering the fact that we blew it big the last time…” Hyung Don raised an eyebrow and looked quizzically at his adopted son.

 

“Spit it out my boy, what is it this time? Did Sehun break something? Did your glamour become evident to a mundane?”

 

“We want to investigate this!!” Sehun exclaimed as he held

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter