The beginning.

Luminosity (rewrite)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Chanyeol stiffened as he awoke to an empty blanket of pure darkness, which wreaked of bloody descent. As his vision adjusted to the dimness of the room, a fragment of light seeped through large impaling bars. He staggered forward but was stopped by a cool sharp metal, binding both of his wrists. Shackles. They were securing his skin so tightly that traces of blood and scars were becoming eminent. He turned around to study the area, which was cold, lifeless, constructed out of stone and seemed to be a prison cell.

 

Before he could even recall how he was trapped in the cell, he noticed the silhouettes of two figures just outside of the enclosed space. One looked like a disfigured man, who seemed unearthly and somewhat inhuman. While the other figure huddled on the ground, seemed to be distraught and was the shadow of a girl.

 

His brown orbs widened in surprise as the man drew his left arm and began to recite a rapid incantation in latin. The incandescent lighting began to flicker as his deepening voice grew louder and louder. As he was about to blink, his eardrums began ringing, because the girl let out an ear splitting scream that deafened his sense of hearing. The distant shadow now shifted and the shouting was put to an end, as she shrank to the ground ever so slowly and he knew that she was dead.

 

He gasped in horror. 

 

What had he just witnessed? The footsteps were drawing closer and closer, which caused Chanyeol to cringe nervously. 

 

And he winced in pain as he felt an intensity that was burning across the edge of his skin, something was raging inside of him, beckoning to be released.

 

He tightened his fists and chants he had never heard, began to play in his mind and had become clearer and clearer.

 

Careless, careless, shoot anonymous, heartless, mindless, no one will care about you….

 

Suddenly, a large hooded figure stepped out of the darkness from the corner of the room. Chanyeol focused his gaze on him and all that he could see in the streak of light was two obsidian crescent shaped pupils, filled with a binding horror. The man let out a demonic laugh, which somehow caused Chanyeol’s blood to boil. 

 

The burning sensation threatened to overwhelm him and he felt that at any moment he would incinerate to death.

 

However, a blazing fire suddenly appeared to encircle the tiny jail cell. It immediately compassed Chanyeol and traced opaque scorching wings, that were somehow lit with an invisible flame.

 

What the hell just happened? I don’t understand?! He puzzled over, still in shock that he wasn’t charred to death. 

 

The man on the other hand, kept his gaze fixed upon the confused boy and he let out another vexing laugh which sent shivers down Chanyeol’s spine.

 

“So the phoenix has awakened and finally harnessed his potentiality..”

 

I have to get out of here… Chanyeol thought as the man continued to chuckle maniacally as if his voice was a broken record. 

 

But before he could even move, a familiar sound penetrated through the walls of the prison cell.

 

————————————————

 

Chanyeol awoke to the sounds of heavy snoring, which came from the tall, pale blond haired boy located in the bed across from his.

 

Raking his chestnut coloured hair to the side, he grabbed his square frames and placed them ontop of his prominent nose.

 

He sighed in relief. It was just a dream, which he conjured that was mighty creative…. Thank goodness, I shouldn’t be thinking too much about it.

 

But the little maknae on the other hand, oh you’re so screwed.

 

“YAAAHHHHHHHHH! OH SEHUN SHUT UP!!! YOU’RE TOO LOUD!” 

 

The boy named Sehun remained completely immobile and continued to snore, unfazed by the latter’s yelling. Chanyeol growled, pulled his dark blue duvet aside and grabbed his pillow, throwing it directly at his head.

 

“YAAAAAAHHHHH! HYUNG ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!” The boy rose up, shouted and glared at his friend.

 

“Oh no, I was just enjoying myself by having a pillow fight… With myself. Fun right? It just so happened that my pillow landed hard on your head.” Sehun rolled his eyes and stood up, scratching his head and letting out a yawn.

 

“Kai never complained once.” 

 

“Yeah, that’s coz he snores too.” Chanyeol snorted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter