Halloween Special

Double Shot

 

Baekhyun smiles as he closes up the shop. It was a good day today. They had managed to get all the new stock put away, Minseok absolutely killed in upselling their new autumn drinks and Kyungsoo managed to come up with a new creative desert for the fall weather. Anything that was put on ‘Chef’s Special’ never lasted long and Baekhyun already knows his next truck order is going to be larger than usual. Plus despite all the gloomy weather they’ve been getting, just like tonight might he add, it’s really got their business booming. Everyone needs a good pick-me-up in this deluge.

 

Baekhyun practically skips as he flicks off the lights and shuts the doors. Just as he turns the key to lock the mahogany doors two hands are slamming onto the wood from behind him. Baekhyun screeches, yanking the key out and turning to the intruder. He settles the key in between his knuckles as a defensive mechanism.

 

However when he looks up he’s faced with the large bloodshot eyes of his once best friend. “C-Chanyeol…” he stutters, still scared out of his wits.

 

A sigh escapes the plush lips of the younger when he closes his eyes and dances his fingers along Baekhyun’s jawline.

 

“What are you doing out here?” Baekhyun asks, not fully sure if he’s imagining things or not.

 

“I wanted to see you” Chanyeol mumbles, barely audible.

 

Baekhyun feels his eyes widen. He never saw this coming and even when it did, it only happened in his dreams. “B-but don’t you hate me? Aren’t you with Jongin or something?” he hates how weak his voice sounds.

 

Chanyeol ignores the questions completely. “It’s been so long Baekhyun. We haven’t been together in so long.” Baekhyun notices a sad glint in Chanyeol’s eyes and decides that that’s a good enough answer in and of itself.  

“What’s with your eyes? You look like .”

 

Chanyeol grins at this and flicks Baekhyun’s forehead playfully, the most normal thing he’s done since their encounter. “Long hours at the hospital. Weren’t you making fun of my eye bags not that long ago?”

 

Baekhyun shrugs with a teasing “Maybe.”

 

After taking a closer look at the giant he realizes the exact state he’s in. “, you’re soaked!” Chanyeol looks down at his own clothes; as if not even noticing prior to this that he was indeed drenched from top to bottom.

 

“Well, it’s raining.” The younger points out dumbly.

 

“No Sherlock.” Baekhyun huffs and finally opens his snowy umbrella, ever thankful for the awning above his shops doors. “When will you learn to bring an umbrella?”

 

Chanyeol purses his lips cutely, “Maybe never?” he admits.

 

Baekhyun shakes his raven hair in exasperation. “Not that I mind these nightly encounters, but you’re going to get sick one of these days.”

 

“I’ll be okay.”

 

“Because you’re a doctor?”

 

A mischievous grin makes its way onto Chanyeol’s face. “Don’t assume everything’s because I’m a doctor.”

 

Baekhyun’s not exactly sure what he’s trying to say by that, but ignores it. Chanyeol’s probably just fed up with the whole ‘Oh you’re a doctor you must know everything!’

 

Again Chanyeol has the privilege of holding the umbrella, their protection of the rain. This time though, when they walk Chanyeol drapes his arm over Baekhyun’s shoulder, pulling him close into the giant’s side. Baekhyun reminded just how small he is in comparison as the top tuffs of his hair only tickle Chanyeol’s nose. He’s also reminded that Chanyeol’s wet and scrunches up his nose as water seeps slightly into his clothes, leaving damp spots. He ignores it, however, in favor of Chanyeol’s comfort.

 

When they reach Chanyeol’s apartment Chanyeol doesn’t move. He gives Baekhyun’s shoulder a squeeze and when he finally detaches himself he closes up the umbrella.

 

“Yeol,” Baekhyun chuckled at the confused look on Chanyeol’s face, “I kind of need that to get home.”

 

Chanyeol bites his lip, looking slightly uncertain for a moment. “I was kind of hoping you could come up this time?”

 

It was Baekhyun’s turn to look hesitant. Sure, this is exactly what he’s always wanted, but he doesn’t know Chanyeol like he did before. He’s not entirely sure of the younger’s intentions.  But the hopeful look in the giant’s large eyes has his resolve crumbling. He doesn’t care what Chanyeol wants from him anyway, just as long as he wants him around.

 

“Okay.” One more look at the younger. “Yeah, sure,” he says more soundly. The wide smile that spreads across Chanyeol’s face is reward enough.

 

Chanyeol encloses his larger hand around Baekhyun as he leads them to the elevator. Happiness is practically radiating off of the taller.

 

While they’re alone in the elevator Baekhyun can’t help but ask the question that’s been bugging him since Chanyeol had first appeared in front of him that night. “Yeol, what’s with the sudden change?” Chanyeol looks down at him questioningly, clearly conveying he doesn’t understand what Baekhyun means. He tries being more clear. “Why do you want my company?”

 

Chanyeol’s gaze softens and he grips Baekhyun’s hands just a little bit tighter. “I’ve missed you Baek, like I really missed you.” Baekhyun’s heart soars and he can feel tears gathering in his eyes. He’s quick to wipe them away before Chanyeol would notice.

 

“I missed you more than you could ever know” Baekhyun mumbles, eyes downcast.

 

“What was that?” Baekhyun looks up, about to tell him not to worry about it, but the eating grin on Chanyeol’s face says he heard it just fine. So instead he bumps him lightly with his shoulder, reminiscing over how much this was like college.

 

The elevator doors open and Chanyeol all but drags Baekhyun to his apartment door, acting as though he had won a prize from the fair. Baekhyun’s starting to think this day couldn’t get any better. Chanyeol ushers Baekhyun straight to the kitchen and leans against the counter smirking. “Hungry?”

 

Baekhyun nods. He hasn’t had dinner yet seeing as he closed and hasn’t been anywhere else. “Are you going to impress me with your new cooking skills?”

 

“We always knew I was the better cook of the two and after living alone for a while I’ve kind of picked some things up.”

 

Baekhyun sticks his tongue out, not caring if it was childish. “Stupid.”

 

“Hey now, I’m about to make your food so play nice.” He swats Baekhyun’s nose with a wooden spoon and the smaller breaks out into laughter. “Meanie.”

 

“Aw I’m sorry” Baekhyun coos as he comes up and hugs Chanyeol around the waist. He rests his chin on Chanyeol’s chest and looks up at the younger. “Forgive me?” He’s not sure where the burst of confidence came from, but it feels so natural to be with Chanyeol like this and it’s what he’s been dreaming about for far too long to be considered healthy.

 

He watches as Chanyeol darts his eyes away from Baekhyun, looking anywhere else. He notices Chanyeol’s breathing turning heavy and almost panting. Also the way that Chanyeol’s left hand, which isn’t holding the spoon, is slightly gripping Baekhyun’s waist is intoxicating. The next thing he knows Chanyeol is pushing him away and pulling out ingredients for a stew.

 

Baekhyun scolds himself in the corner for going so far. He decides to lay back and slips glances at Chanyeol’s muscular back as he cooks the stew. He’s really handsome and Baekhyun can’t believe he always thought himself as straight. Because when he thinks about it, he’s always complimented Chanyeol’s looks and constantly found himself gazing a little longer than necessary at the tall, goofy man. Though he’s not really all that goof anymore, he’s actually grown up to be so much more than Baekhyun ever imagined.

 

Once Chanyeol’s finished the stew Baekhyun comes out from hiding and helps to set the table. He dips the spoon into his bowl and just that one taste almost has him . It was incredibly good.

 

“Since when could you cook like this?”

 

“I told you I picked some things up.” Chanyeol chuckles at Baekhyun’s look of euphoria while eating.  

 

“Oh my god, Yeol, you could be a chef.”

 

Chanyeol sits there watching Baekhyun with his chin propped on his palm until Baekhyun finishes the last drop. “Yeol cook for me forever.” Baekhyun deadpans once he’s done reveling in the soup.  Again Chanyeol laughs, but waves the idea off with his hand.

 

While they’re cleaning up, Baekhyun offering to do the dishes because he didn’t help cook in the slightest, he notices Chanyeol barely ate at all. He only saw him take one or two bites even.

 

“Yeol, you didn’t eat” he reprimands while scrubbing the bowl.

 

Chanyeol looks up from the container he just finished pouring the rest of the stew into. “Wasn’t all that hungry.”

 

“You better be eating properly. Your eyes are already botched; I don’t need you getting ridiculously skinny too. You’ll look like something straight out of a horror film.” Chanyeol laughs bitterly, but doesn’t say anything more on the subject. “I’m serious Chanyeol, I’ll totally start shoving food down your throat if I find out you’re not eating.”

 

Baekhyun feels arms wrap around his waist and a face nuzzling into his neck. “Okay, okay” Chanyeol’s voice rumbles by his ear. He felt Chanyeol kiss his neck lightly then nibble on it. Baekhyun had to bite down a moan; his neck was incredibly sensitive after all.

 

Before Baekhyun could comment on the sudden act of affection Chanyeol was already bringing him into the living room. He pushed Baekhyun onto the couch and scurried off to the hallway. Baekhyun sat dazed on the fluffy couch. It was really comfortable and Baekhyun was grateful he probably didn’t have to worry about having any back pains when waking up tomorrow. Almost as soon as he had left Chanyeol was back again with his hands full of blankets and pillows. Together they set up the couch for Baekhyun to sleep on and bid each other goodnight.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t sleep. He didn’t even toss and turn. He was as still as could be, lost in his thoughts which consisted of Chanyeol, Chanyeol, and Chanyeol. He couldn’t turn his brain off for even a moment. He replayed every scene from the moment Chanyeol trapped him in between him and the café’s doors to the gentle kiss on his neck.  

 

While going over just how unusually intimate Chanyeol was that day he felt a weight on his stomach and his eyes flew open. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust in the dark but when they did he realized the figure on top of him was Chanyeol’s. Just how many times did he plan to give Baekhyun a heart attack today?

 

“You’re not asleep?” Chanyeol’s voice resounds through the quiet room.

 

“I couldn’t sleep…” Baekhyun’s own voice is barely above a whisper.

 

Baekhyun feels a kiss on his forehead and almost melts into the couch beneath him. Chanyeol’s lips travel to Baekhyun’s ear. “I’m sorry, I need you.” Baekhyun’s breathing hitches. He’s not sure how to reply and decides to just stay silent.

 

Chanyeol soothingly runs a hand through Baekhyun’s hair and worships his face with little pecks on his nose, eyes, cheeks and jaw. But he always misses Baekhyun’s lips which causes the smaller to pout. Before he could voice his dissatisfaction Chanyeol is working on his neck, rendering the petite boy silent.

 

Chanyeol a stripe from Baekhyun’s ear to his collarbone. He kisses up the same path and Baekhyun shivers. Chanyeol picks a place that Baekhyun seemed most sensitive and begins his attack. He lays open mouth kisses over it causing Baekhyun to squirm in his hold. Baekhyun feels him smile against his neck before Chanyeol brings his hand to the elder’s hips, pinning Baekhyun down. Chanyeol resumes ravishing Baekhyun’s neck, beginning to nibble on the reddening spot and Baekhyun lets out a moan. Baekhyun feels a sharp pain and cries out, smacking Chanyeol in the shoulder for biting too hard. When Chanyeol raises his face to look at Baekhyun, Baekhyun freezes. His best friend’s mouth has blood trickling down the left corner of his mouth and his eyes are glowing red.

 

“Y-Yeol…” Baekhyun reaches his hand to the spot Chanyeol bit and feels the sticky substance of what he assumes to be his own blood. Baekhyun’s shaking by now but Chanyeol runs his hand through the smaller boy’s hair in an attempt to calm him.

 

“I’m sorry Baek, but I need you.” Chanyeol leans back down, heading again for Baekhyun’s neck and Baekhyun lets out a blood curdling scream.

 

 

 

 

“AH!” Baekhyun sits up in his bed, heart pounding and hair stuck to his face from sweat. Not long after does Sehun come running into his room panic-stricken. He sees Baekhyun shivering and a complete mess, quickly he pulls the older into his arms.

 

“Another bad dream?” Sehun asks while rubbing circles on the others back.

 

Baekhyun groans and rests his head against Sehun’s shoulder. He nods affirmative against Sehun’s bare skin and the younger holds him just a little tighter. “Was it about Chanyeol?”

 

“Isn’t it always?” Baekhyun’s voice cracks and he moves his arms to wrap around Sehun’s torso, pulling him in closer before he starts to sob.

 

He cries because he realizes even a dream where Chanyeol’s about to drain him of his blood is still better than the reality. Even if Chanyeol made him a blood slave at least Chanyeol needed him. He would have rather been eaten by Chanyeol. He already had his heart after all.

 

 

 

Author's Note

Sorry, not sorry.

I just really needed some Baekyeol in my life okay?

Plus Halloween is my favorite holiday.

Did you notice the hints that Chanyeol was a vampire?

UNBETAED MY BAD FOR ANY MISTAKES

PS: 100~ subs, y'all are beautiful and wonderful. Thank you so much for reading :)

PSS: Next actual chapter will be up this week. I'm banking on tomorrow but I don't want to make any promises.