Part Five

Finding Happiness

Lana Del Rey- Never Let Me Go


Part Five

As the school year continue Luhan and Raina friendship would stay the same. Luhan stop hanging around other girls, only Raina. He wanted to prove he could be loyal and not a player. Luhan made sure not to lose Raina like last time, he kept his cool letting her talk to other to guys and make friends.

Raina became very close to Luhan and his friends, she would watch them after school playing some type of sport in season. Afterwards Luhan usually would take Raina out to eat, he would want to pay for the bill. Raina told him that he is not her boyfriend and should not be paying for every meal.

It sadden Luhan heart knowing all they could ever be was only friends. He tried to break the friendship barrier a couple times, he kept taking Raina out to nice places like you would do on a date. But Luhan seemed to think that Raina never got the hint.

Even when there family spent holidays together their mothers would always joke how they should get married and what wonderful good looking grandchildren they would have. Raina would leave the room whenever their parent brought up the conversation. Luhan would just hold his breath and picture him and Raina creating a family. But as he exhaled reality hit him hard, Luhan and Raina were only friends.

As the years go by Luhan graduates from high school and starts to work in his father firm. He gets to see less of Raina, however that does not stop him from texting her every moment. When Raina gets off afterschool Luhan will be there to pick her up, taker her out to eat and then drop her home. This was a usually routine for Raina and Luhan.

It was getting close to Raina graduation and Luhan was preparing something big for Raina. Luhan was in his office when a couple of his old classmates came to see him “Yo- guys I have some great news” Luhan greets his friends.

“Any process of make Raina your girlfriend” Sehun joked making Tao and Kai laugh with him.

“Shut it” Suho slapped the back of the boy’s heads.

Luhan pulls out a black box from his pocket and shows the ring making some of gasp “Luhan, you’re going to purpose to her?” Lay was utterly shock.

“I know what you all are thinking, however I already asked her parent and mine. Both are overwhelmed to know that are family is joining together” Luhan smirked and put the box back into his pocket.

“Luhan, how is she going to say yes when you guys are not even a couple?” Kai asked.

“Well we are like a couple now, every day I’m taking Raina out and taking her home. Look I’m not purposing to her today, I’m just going to confess my feelings to her today. Then when she graduates is when I’m going to purpose” Luhan tried to explain to his friends but they were still worried of rejection “Guys I’m going to be marrying my best friend, not some stranger” Luhan said

“Your right, marrying your best friend is the best kind of marriage. I think she would be the luckiest girl in the world” Xiumin said.

Luhan hugged Xiumin “Thanks man, that’s why you are going to be my best man” Luhan said making Sehun whine. The guys hanged out for a while longer talking about their ladies, Luhan looks at his watch and notices the time “yo- hold on let me text Raina” Luhan said. He pulled out his phone and texted Raina that he will be picking her up soon.

Luhan got a reply back making him frown and sad “Do what wrong, it looks like you just saw a ghost” Kyungsoo said worriedly. Suho take Luhan phone out of his hand and reads the text Raina just sent

“Luhan she is just busy, it’s okay. Purpose your feeling to Raina another day” Suho said hoping to put some life into Luhan.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol took a hold of Luhan and gently pushed him back to his seat. Luhan shoved Baekhyun and Chanyeol arms away “No you don’t understand, I have to do it today” Luhan shouted. He stood up and grab his coat and keys.

“Hey man what is so special about today that you can’t do it tomorrow?” Suho asked as he stood in front Luhan.

Luhan exhales deeply as he remembers little Raina running and crying trying to get away from her bullies “Today is the 12 years anniversary of when I first meet Raina. It was the day when I decided to be Raina friend and I also think it is what people call ‘Love at first sight’” Luhan said which melted his friend’s hearts.

“You go get her” Sehun shouted. Luhan nodded and left his office and went straight to pick up Raina. Luhan car was parked on the other side of street of Raina School. Luhan waited for Raina to come out when the bell rang.

At that moment Luhan feelings were all of over the place. His legs shook from being all nervous and his heart race from excitement. The day was finally going to come where Luhan can finally call Raina his. He saw Raina figure coming out the school building, however she was not alone. Luhan cheeks burn, his fist tightens and so does his jaw.

Right next to Raina was his friend Kris, smiling and holding hands with Raina. Luhan stormed to Raina and pulled the hands apart. Luhan grasp Kris collar and pinned him to the wall “Luhan!” Raina shouted at Luhan. Kris easily pushed Luhan right off of him.

“What’s your problem” Kris said pissed off.

“What’s my problem?” Luhan repeated “Why the hell were you holding hand with Raina!” Luhan shouted.

“She is my girlfriend, that’s what couples do” Kris said. It was like someone had slapped Luhan in the face multiply times. Luhan looks over at Raina and notice how scared she is. She then goes running to Kris making it feel like someone had punch Luhan in the stomach. He notice the concern on Raina face as she inspects him for any damage, their fingers lace to one another.

“Raina” Luhan said in a lower voice “All this time . . . we hung out every day and not once did you ever mention Kris and now all of sudden your dating him” Luhan voice started to get louder. “What about me?”

“What about you Luhan? We are just friends and if you liked me then why you didn’t say anything, why did you just agree on being friends. If I didn’t started dating Kris would you have shown or even asked about these feelings you have?”

“You don’t understand Raina, I was waiting for the right time. . . I was waiting for today” Luhan was lost, he didn’t know if Raina liked him.

“What so special about today” Raina crossed her arms.

It was like a knife just had pierce through Luhan heart at the moment “T-Today” Luhan stutter, he didn’t know if he could hold onto his tears “Today was the first day that we meet. The day I helped you from those bullies. 12 years ago when are friendship started” Luhan said.

Raina heart melted she started to get teary, but then she was pulled back into reality when Kris hung his arm over her shoulder “Sorry Luhan you are too late” Raina said biting on to her lip.

Luhan turns away and starts crying “Were done her Raina, I can’t be your friend anymore. Goodbye” Luhan said and walked to his car.

“You did the right choice” Kris whispered into Raina ear. Raina felt like Kris was taking all the oxygen from her, her hands trembled but her feet started to take off on its own. Raina ran towards Luhan car and tapped the window wanting him to open up to her. Instead Luhan ignored Raina pleas and drove off. Raina fell to her knees and started to cry.

Luhan could not believe what just happen. It was like every time he wanted to tell Raina his true feelings there was something going against him. This time he did say his true feelings and Raina rejected him saying it was too late. Luhan wonder how could she pick Kris a stranger and not her best friend, him.

Luhan went home, his mother greeted him with a big hug “So is my little Raina going to be soon my daughter in law?” Luhan mother ask. Luhan take off his jacket and leaves it on the ground, he slowly walks up to his room “Luhan?” Luhan mother call for him.

“She got a boyfriend mom, I was too late. She didn’t tell me this whole time” Luhan lets the tears roll down his cheeks.

“Deer” Luhan glared at his mother for call him that name “Who is to say that she will break up with him. Maybe she would realize her true feelings for you” Luhan mom tried to cheer him up.

“No mom, I broke all ties with Raina” Luhan takes the box out of his pocket and throws it into the drawer with the matching necklace “I’m sorry mom, I know how much you loved Raina” Luhan apologizes.

Luhan mother chuckle “No need to apologize, I just thought you too were meant to be”

“Me too” Luhan whispered to himself.

Luhan did exactly what he told Raina. He ignored her texts and calls late at night, he even packed everything that reminded him of Raina. Luhan wanted to throw everything in the garbage, however his mom insisted on putting in the garage for now. Luhan made sure from that day forward he was going to live a single man dream.

Luhan moved out of his parents’ house and bought bachelor pad, were he will take his dates of the night back. During the day Luhan will put all his effort into his father company making it expand to America. Luhan’s friends could tell that he was not happy, and that he would go into dream land sometimes. Everyone became worried and once Raina knew of Luhan condition she became more persistent towards Luhan.

It was a whole month since the whole break up of friendship happen. Luhan was sitting in his office chair looking at the window, he couldn’t help but ask himself ‘What is Raina doing’. Just then his phone rang, he saw the caller ID “Should I pick it up” Luhan asked himself out loud. “Maybe I should tell her to never call me again” Luhan click the answer button and held it to his ear.

“” Luhan herd Kris swear and the slap. “Stop struggling” Kris shouted. Luhan could hear panting and squeaking noises. Luhan did not want to imagine what was going on Raina side of the phone.

“Help” Luhan herd Raina hoarse voice “S-stopp” lots of coughing was then herd.

“Don’t you like it rough? I mean you did do it with Luhan, you must be used to it by now” Kris said. Luhan whole body froze when he kept hearing panting and slapping ‘Kris is Raina’ was all Luhan thought. Luhan phone drop to the floor, he took his key and jacket and headed straight for the door.

Luhan eyes became teary, he could not imagine the pain Raina must be going through. ‘I’m going to kill that bastard’ Luhan told himself as he started the engine “No one hurts Raina” Luhan grip on the steering wheel tightens as he leaves the parking lot.