Part One

Finding Happiness

Lana Del Rey- Lucky One


Part One:

Luhan at the age of 8 years old was on the playground swinging on the swing. Luhan was alone playing with no friends because he was new to the country. His father company had expanded to South Korea, the family wanted to make sure it grew and was a stable here.

Luhan sighed and kicked the dirt, it was hard for him. Luhan didn’t knew the language that well and no one was accepting him ‘I want to go home to my friends’ Luhan talk to himself.

Luhan heard laughter and footsteps coming toward the playground. He stands up and watch a girl running away from boys “Stop it” The girl shouts. However the boys kept pulling on her pig tails and making faces.

“What is Raina a baby” The boy teases and stick out his tongue. Raina kept pushing the boys away but they didn’t stop teasing her. Luhan stood and watch the girl being teased, his heart raced as the tears stream down her cheeks.

 “Poor Raina has no friends, to ugly to have any” The boy laughed. He took out a pair of scissors which made Raina frighten “Should we chop off those pig tails?” The boy asked. In one flash move the boy snipped off one of Raina pig tail. The girl Raina fell onto her knees as she held her chopped hair.

Luhan stormed towards the group and pushed one off the boys to the ground “You want some of this” One of the boys said, he put his fist in the air. The boy swung a punch at Luhan missing him and falling to the ground. Luhan swung his fist around multiply times hitting the guys across the face.

All of them go running away like dogs with their tails between their legs. Luhan looks back and see the little girl still on her knees crying. Luhan bends down and pulls the Raina away from her face “Hey are you okay” Luhan ask.

Raina looks up and makes eye contact with Luhan, her cheeks flush red from embarrassment “Leave me alone” Raina shouted. Raina got up and slowly back away before she turn around and ran for it. Raina ran all the way back home, however she didn’t know that Luhan chase after her.

Raina mother saw her daughter come into the front door and went straight to her room. Raina mother knocked on her daughter door before entering “Honey dear, what wrong” Her mother said in a lovely voice. She saw her daughter hair and gasped “Honey dear, who did this to you?” Raina mother Raina hair as she comfort her daughter.

Raina didn’t say a word to her mother making her worry even more. The doorbell rang making Raina mother go to the door, she opens the door to find a little boy standing there “Miss . . . “ Luhan looks up to the lady “I helped a young girl who came crying to this home” Luhan said. Raina looks back, she knows it was about her daughter.

“Please come in” Raina mother open the door further. Luhan went in and both sat in the kitchen table “Please tell me what happen to Raina she is not saying a word” Raina mother pleaded.

Luhan told her about the boys who chase after her teasing Raina, and then how the chopped off one of her pig tail “I’m sorry I didn’t take action sooner” Luhan apologise. Raina mother smiled and place a tray of cookies on the table “Can I see Raina” Luhan asked hoping to see the girl who stole his heart.

Raina was just like Luhan, alone in the world. Both of them need of one another, both need a friend. “I’m sorry dear but I don’t think it will be a good time to see Raina at this moment” Raina mother said.

Luhan nodded but he was determine to be Raina friend “I will be back tomorrow and the day after that. I will pass by every day until Raina is ready to see me. She needs a friend and so do I” Luhan said and bowed respectfully. Raina mother was shock but please to hear her daughter will have a friend.

Luhan left and went back home. At home he paced back and forth in his room thinking of Raina. Luhan mom walks in, she is curious to way her son is like this “Luhan” She called him. Luhan smiles and looks at his mom “Is something wrong my deer” Luhan mom giggled.

“Mom how many time I told you to stop calling me deer. I do not look like a baby deer” Luhan stomped his feet and sat on his bed.

“Seriously tell me what’s going on. I haven’t seen you like this since we were in China” Luhan mom sat next to Luhan and rubbed his back.

“I met someone today” Luhan mom hummed “She had the same look in her eyes as I did. She reminded me so much of myself, lonely and afraid” Luhan said.

“Luhan you’re not alone, you have me and your father” Luhan mom tried to comfort her son.

“But outside in the world she has no one. Mom, I want to be her friend” Luhan smiled.

“How to you plan on doing that” Luhan mother asked.

Luhan sighed “I don’t know” Luhan stands up “Tomorrow I will be going to her house, can I make some cupcakes? I think they will make her smile again” Luhan said. Luhan mother stands up and hugs Luhan, she kisses the top of Luhan head.

“I’m so proud of you” Luhan mom wipes away her tears “Now let’s go make some cupcakes eh” Luhan and his mom went down stairs to the kitchen and started to work on the cupcakes. His mother had helped, mostly with the designs of the cupcakes. Luhan place them in the box and into the fridge.

The next day Luhan went to school he asked about Raina with his teachers. Luhan found out that Raina is a year younger than him and that she never showed up for school. After school Luhan went straight to Raina house with a box of cupcakes.

Raina mother opens the door and greets Luhan “Come on in” Raina mother open the door. Luhan walks in and takes off his shoes. Hid nostrils are filled with the lovely scent of vanilla “I just made some cookies care for some” Raina mother ask.

Luhan laughs and shakes his head “I brought cupcakes” Luhan shows Raina mother the container “Can I go see Raina” Luhan asked.

Raina mom lips went a thin line, her daughter has not came out of room since yesterday. She was hoping that Luhan presence will help her come out of her shell “First door on the right” Raina mother gives direction to Luhan.

Luhan slowly walks up the stair and goes straight to the first door on the right. Luhan looks up at Raina door and see her name on the door with pink and sparkle stickers. Luhan knocks on the door and waits for Raina to reply. After couple seconds Luhan twists the door knob and opens the door.

Luhan walks in and notice the sweet smell of Vanilla and Cherry.  He sees Raina sitting on a bench next to the window. Raina wears a big hoodie hiding her hair from the world. Raina turns to see Luhan there standing watching her “Why are you here again?” Raina ask but she doesn’t wait for to Luhan to reply and looks back at the window.

“I want to know if you are okay” Luhan walks slowly towards Raina.

“You see me don’t you, I’m fine” Raina said without looking away from the window. Luhan can see Raina reflection through the window, he can see her tears and the lonely eyes. Luhan ballads up his fist and stands before Raina.

Luhan bends down “Look at me” Raina turns to face Luhan “I know that you may say that you’re okay but inside you’re not. You are afraid that you will always be alone. You hate going to school alone and trying to make friends is not the easiest, especially when no one will accept you” Luhan notice that Raina tears stream down her cheeks more and that her lip trembled “Raina I’m just like you, someone in need of a friend” Luhan said.

Raina open her arms and hug Luhan “I-I donn’tt want tto b-be alone” Raina stutter as she cried into Luhan chest. Luhan smiled and rubbed Raina back trying to sooth her. “I don’t want to be sad anymore” Raina pulled away Luhan.

Luhan smiled “With me you will always be happy” Luhan kisses Raina on the top of head. Raina heart was speeding hundred miles per hour ‘Do I like Luhan’ Raina thought but her thoughts were stop when Raina mother came in.

Raina mother brought in cookies she made and the cupcakes Luhan made. Both stayed in Raina room watching a movie and munching on some sweets “Raina do you trust me” Luhan ask making Raina eyes round bigger. Raina held her breath and bit down her lip.

Luhan pulled the hoodie string making it loose. Luhan pulled the hoodie down making her hair exposed. Luhan then played with Raina short hair “You know you look beautiful with long or short hair” Luhan said and Raina faintly smiled “But we have to cut that other pig tail” Raina could only see the sincerity in Luhan eyes.

Raina nodded making Luhan get up and go towards Raina desk. Luhan comes back with a pair of scissors. Raina closes her eyes when Luhan snips off Raina pig tail making her hair no even. Luhan quickly throws the hair into the garbage. Rains plays with her hair, she feels how short it is “am I beautiful” Raina asked.

Luhan pats Raina hair “Not as beautiful as me” Luhan jokes making Raina smile. “Raina would it be ok if we walk together to school” Luhan asked. There was a hint glimmer in Raina eyes. She had never had to friend to walk to her school, Raina nodded and smile “Great I will pick you up tomorrow morning” Luhan said before he headed home.