Part Two

Finding Happiness

Lana Del Rey- Pretty When You Cry


Chapter Two

Every morning Luhan will wake up early so he could meet up with Raina. Both of them will walk to school and Luhan will walk her to her class before his. At lunch Luhan went straight out of class and went to Raina class surprising her. Luhan sees Raina in the corner taking out her lunch, the class goes quiet as Luhan walks towards Raina.

Raina looks up and sees Luhan, her eyes grow bigger and her jaw drop “Luhan what are you doing here” Raina whispered.

Luhan pulled up a chair next to Raina and pulled out his lunch “I’m having lunch with you silly, I don’t want to be alone” Luhan smiled at Raina making her heart race. Both enjoyed their lunch and shared simple words.

Luhan made sure the guys would never lay a hand on Raina. Luhan did this by walking Raina to school and sneakily have lunch with her, after school he would make sure Raina gets home safely. Slowly Raina and Luhan relationship grew, just as they did.

Puberty hit Luhan good in high school, he became popular and had many friends. But he never lost his one true friend Raina. When Raina joined him in high school, Luhan came possessive over Raina. Luhan notice how Raina blossomed into a beautiful girl. Many guys followed Raina around, they showered her with chocolate and roses confessing their feeling. Luhan will black mail them making them never be near Raina, he made sure even his friends didn’t dare to go out with Raina.

“Luhan why can’t I go out with him, he is sweet and nice” Raina said as she twirled her hair. Luhan fists ballad up as he notice Raina was blushing and how she smiled.

“No, he is just like any other man. Do you see what happen to your friend Lizzy, she got pregnant because she trusted the guy she went out with. She is only in grade nine, Raina” Luhan shouted at Raina.

“Luhan not every man is like that, you’re not like that. I trust him Luhan please” Raina held Luhan arm and begged.

Luhan closes his eyes and heavily breaths deeply before he pushes Raina off of him “No, I will make sure that he or any other guy will never go out with you” Luhan shouts and cross his arms.

“God Luhan you are such an . I’m not seven years old anymore, I don’t need you to protect me from guys anymore” Raina started to cry “I had grown up Luhan, I’m strong enough to make my own decisions and to defend myself” Raina shouted back at Luhan.

Luhan turn and pins Raina to the wall. Luhan hold Raina wrist up above her head, he clenches his teeth as he looks into Raina eyes “Look at you, you can’t even defend yourself against me. Now stop this non sense” Luhan said he pulls away and goes back home.

For the next couple days Raina didn’t speak to Luhan at all, she would ignore him at lunch and eat by herself. Luhan would look for her in the cafeteria and in her classroom, when he couldn’t find her he would ask his friend to help him.

It had worried Luhan very much, he thought maybe something bad would happen. However when the bell rang he found Raina going into her classroom. After school Luhan went straight to Raina locker to find her with a box “What are you doing?” Luhan ask.

“I don’t want your stupid stuff in my locker” Raina spat, shocking Luhan. Raina gives the box to Luhan, she grabs her bag and walks away. Luhan looks into the box and found his sweater, Cd’s, books and a picture of him. Luhan heart drop making him regret all his words, he looks up only to see the blur image Raina walking away.

Luhan tried to call for her but it was if his throat was dry unable for him to say a word. Luhan takes the picture and drops the box, he goes running after Raina. Luhan couldn’t let Raina go even though there were flaws in there relation he couldn’t imagine his first gone from his life.

Luhan found Raina standing outside the building with a few other students waiting for the rain to stop. Cars pulled over making student get into the ride back home. Raina stood there alone, waiting for the rain to stop. Her parents worked all the time making them unable to come unlike some student parents; She was not rich either unable to afford a taxi or a personal driver home. Luhan would be the one who walk home with her or he would have called his personal driver to drive them home. This time Raina was alone in the rain scared, she had wished for Luhan to be here to hold her hand. However Raina was sick of Luhan always babying her and treating her like a child, she knew that she had to leave Luhan as friend for her to grow up.

Luhan walks closer to Raina and saw her shivering, he s his school sweater and placed over Raina shoulders. Raina looks to the side and see the tears coming from Luhan eyes. She never saw Luhan cry, it made her chest hurt knowing she was probably the cause “Are we really done?” Luhan asked.

“Yeah, I’m not seven anymore Luhan. I can’t have you always by my side” Raina said, she then looks to the ground “It feels like I am in a cage” Raina grip on bag tightens “You’re my only friend Luhan, I can’t have guy friends or girlfriends because you get jealous. Which is not fair because you have bunch of friend and you take out girls on dates more than I change clothes” Raina bits her lip before she remove Luhan sweater “Is my happiness anything to you? I want to be free Luhan” Raina said before she dashed into the rain and run all the way home.

Luhan stood there, letting the tear run down his cheeks. Luhan holds the sweater close to his face, he smells it making him remember Raina sweet scent of Vanilla raspberry ‘It feels like I am in a cage’ Luhan hears Raina voice in his head “I’m going to change Raina” Luhan said to himself.

For the rest of the semester Raina ignored Luhan, she gained a friend who is a girl. Raina didn’t notice that Luhan would always watch her from the side, making sure no one harms her. Luhan would go out on dates so he could follow Raina. However Raina couldn’t somehow go on a date with a guy, she kept hearing Luhan words in her head saying ‘He is not good enough, Raina don’t go you will get hurt’

During Christmas Raina family was invited up in the mountain for skiing. It was Luhans family who invited them, making it a little awkward when Raina saw Luhan again. Raina admitted Luhan looked horrible, he had bags under his eyes his hair was a mess. Raina mother asked what was wrong and Luhan lied said it was exam he was staying all night for. Luhan would actually have sleepless nights not knowing how Raina was doing.

“Luhan” Raina called. Instantly Luhan heart felt at peace just by the simple call of his name “How’s Hana, Sooyoung or Hyuna Luhan. I’m sorry it is just so hard to keep count how many girlfriends you have” Raina rolled her eyes and chuckle. Raina did not like the fact Luhan kept bouncing from girl to girl. To say Raina was bit jealous, it was her who Luhan will spend all his time with but not anymore.

Raina would see Luhan coming into the cafeteria with shirt and messy hair. She would ask her self was she not good enough for Luhan to sleep with, did Luhan only see her as a baby sister “Why do you care, we are not friends anymore” Luhan said and look down. Luhan bit down on his lip, he didn’t want to say that at all. ‘Idiot why don’t just slap her across the face why don’t you’ Luhan scolded himself. He want to hug Raina and tell her how much he loves her.

“I’m leaving” Raina said, she turn around and headed outside. She got her skis ready and went up the ski lift. Raina heart race as she looked down the slope, she couldn’t stop thinking about Luhan.

 Raina headed down the slope as she cursed Luhan name over and over in her head. Raina didn’t notice a bank were skiers jump off from, she went right through it making her stumble and roll on the ground. “Ahh ” Raina cried and held onto her leg.

Raina saw the white snow turning red making her eyes filled with panic. She looks around hoping to find someone and when she did she called out help.

“ what did you do?” Raina knows that voice to well. Luhan takes off his snow goggles. Panic run through Luhan body as he lifts Raina pants up to see a bone sticking right out. Luhan goes through his pockets until he find his cell phone, Luhan called 911 right away.