i'll take you || kaisoo

My First and My Last

title: i’ll take you

pairing: kaisoo

length: 1247 words

genre: wolf!au, fluff (soulmate!au)

summary: Kyungsoo is a journalist. Lately, there has been so called paranormal activity signalised in the woods close to his city. His company asked him to go explore the area, and write an article on it, but apparently he returned with nothing. Or did he?

posted on 26  – 2 – '16



The sound of crunching leaves and snapping branches under Kyungsoo’s hiking shoes almost overpowered the noise of chirping birds and rustling leaves. Almost. The sun dripped down behind the horizon, the now spotless orange sky slowly turning dark blue, a few stars already twinkling, though barely visible through the thick foliage.

To say Kyungsoo wasn’t scared the slightest bit, would be a complete and utter lie. Sure, it wasn’t that bad; his heart beat slowly in its usual rhythm, but there still was that gnawing feeling in the pit of his stomach, eating him up from inside. What if something happened to him, or maybe worse, the wolf? Would they charge him? Would he lose his job if he didn’t find anything? The consequences were endless.

Kyungsoo tightened his firm grip on the straps of his backpack. He gazed around anxiously. Every unfamiliar, suspicious sound or movement caused the male’s breath to hitch in his throat.

After he’d finished his diner—which he practically had to shove down his throat in an attempt to eat despite the nerves—he’d driven the thirty minute ride to the forest with a slightly fogged mind. He’d stuffed his backpack with every possible thing you could think of, worried that if he’d get lost, he’d die all too quick. It was like those movies, like an episode of Teen Wolf, where they’d go hunt down wolves at night at full moon. Kyungsoo had even checked the service, and nope, how clichéd could this scenario get? No service.

Just then, rustling noises behind him pulled him out of his reverie. A wave of shock raced through his body. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, trying hard to contain his fear. He tried to supress any sounds that were threatening to come out of his mouth. As quiet as he could, he ran, quickening his pace as he did so, heart pounding with fear.

Weaving through the trees, he jumped over branches and aerial roots with swift motions as wheezes chased him from behind, the sound low and breathy, mixed with a barely audible grumble. He ducked his head under the low hanging branches, blinking rapidly to adjust to the darkening air. Surroundings slowly turned into hazes, and twilight fell like a shade, stealing away the bright colours of the forest.

The pants from behind increased, the sound amplifying as though whoever—or whatever—was chasing him inched closer the more seconds ticked by. Kyungsoo’s breaths turned shallow, and a sudden pain in his lower abdomen subsequently began to ache severely. The latter looked over his shoulder, fear settling firmly in his stomach. Dark, cobalt blue eyes met his, practically glowing inhumanly bright in the dusk.

Kyungsoo’s heart skipped a beat.

As if the world suddenly turned against him, his foot got caught between two stones, bringing him straight onto the humid earth. When his body came in contact with the soil, a load groan escaped his throat. Reacting instinctively, he reached for his foot, which appeared to be tightly wedged, unmovable.

Panic.

Kyungsoo quivered in fright. With frowned brows, the boy lifted his gaze, although warily, unsure whether or not he’ll be able to take in the fact that the wolf was stood right in front of him, probably preparing himself to devour an entire human for dinner.

What he saw, though, wasn’t even close to what he was expecting—an onyx-haired boy looked at him, gaze unfazed, eyes more vivid than before. His bronze skin glowed under the last few sun beams. Kyungsoo’s face had ‘help’ written all over it as the boy irked closer and rested a hand on his ankle (no, the touch did not leave tingles on his skin—absolutely not), but the only sound escaping his throat was a mere whimper.

A grin bloomed on the other’s face, and Kyungsoo bit his lip unconsciously, eyes widening the slightest bit. Two hands promptly wrapped themselves around his ankle, and before he knew it, he was freed by a swift yank. Instinctively, he backed away several inches when the hands retracted themselves. A chuckle reached his ears as he did so.

“You know, I’m not as dangerous as you think I am,” The boy suddenly spoke.

Kyungsoo looked at him with eyes the size of plates, finding himself at a loss of words. Seconds ticked by slower than ever as they held gazes, and before he could comprehend what happened, the wolf boy’s face was distanced from his by mere centimetres. Without blinking, he gazed into the other’s enchanting blue eyes, feeling his breath tickling against his skin. The boy radiated heat, and only then Kyungsoo realised the evening chill forming goose bumps on his skin. He unconsciously leaned in closer, seeking for warmth.

“You smell good,” The stranger whispered.

And without a warning whatsoever, the wolf attached his lips on Kyungsoo’s neck, involuntarily releasing a moan from the latter. Shocked by his own behavior, the human squeaked and pushed the other away before standing up again, wiping off the dirt on his pants as he did so.

The wolf boy simply smirked as he mirrored his actions. Making an attempt at fleeing, Kyungsoo was halted by a firm grip on his upper arm. He was pulled back into a solid chest, muscly arms encircling themselves around his frail frame.

The other’s voice rumbled through his body as he spoke, “You know I marked you mine now.”

“W-What?” His voice turned out more high-pitched and squeaky than intended, and he inwardly cursed himself for appearing sippy and nervous.

“I rubbed my scent all over you. Not without intention, of course.”

Kyungsoo gulped, feeling the other’s lips moving up to his earlobe, giving the flesh a gentle bite before trailing kisses back to his neck. Wobbling on his knees, his hands grasped a fistful of the thin white shirt the boy was wearing to steady himself.

“What do you mean?”

“I can only mark my soulmate.”

“…”

The stranger partly detached himself to lay his eyes on the shorter’s blank face, “You’re my soulmate.”

“What? Don’t be silly,” He awkwardly laughed, softly slapping the other’s shoulder in a playful manner, attempting to make the other confess he was joking. But instead of gaining the reaction he was hoping for, the boy cupped his cheek, tracing circles with his thumb over the smooth, pale surface.

“Kyungsoo.”

The murmur of his name made him gawk, and with wide eyes he stared back at a pair of blue ones, stars twinkling in the pool of cobalt. A ray of moonlight hit the taller from behind, bathing him in lucid light. Said boy swore he heard a growl rolling through his throat, and a familiar wave of panic washed over him. It disappeared instantly, though, when a large, warm hand covered his own, and a hesitant smile blossomed on the boy’s lips, making him forget all about his previous anxiety.

“I have to leave, but I’ll be back. Take care of yourself for me,” He said, releasing Kyungsoo’s hand as he took a few steps backward. A little hesitant, he wearily added, “I trust you.”

And within the blink of an eye, the wolf boy disappeared, leaving Kyungsoo behind with a rapidly pounding heart.

 

*

 

The following day, a crumpled piece of paper lay in all its abandoned glory in the bin. Kyungsoo grinned as he read the potential head-line for that day’s paper; “Seoul’s New Inhabitants: The Wolfs”.

The red marker stripes crossing the letters were oddly satisfying.

 


 

A/N: didn't proofread this whoops hueh this 1 is for @vapaajalka hehe, I hope you liked it! ; u ; ♡♡ I started writing this like 8 months ago and the ending is a bit rushed but 9oik3wesdik I hope it's okay nonetheless (•̥́_•ૅू˳)