at first sight || kaisoo

My First and My Last

title: at first sight

pairing: kaisoo

length: 930 words

genre: fluff fluff fluff

summary: College student Kyungsoo orders pizza online; turns out the pizza delivery boy delivers more than just pizza.

posted on 30 – 6 – '16



It’s when the umpteenth growl vibrates through the small room, the sound of Kyungsoo’s stomach rumbling boisterous and similar to that of a dying whale, that Kyungsoo decides it’s time for a break.

Dressed in his fluffy Pororo pyjamas, blanket draped over his shoulders, he’s comfortably nestled in the corner of his couch, laptop perched on his lap. The only sound filling the room, aside from the occasional rumbles his stomach produces, being the tapping away of Kyungsoo’s fingers on the keyboard. He languidly lifts a hand to adjust his glasses, rapidly blinking as he does so as to adjust to the bright light his screen emits. Saving his document one last time before clicking the red cross at the top right, he moves to the internet and types the address of the local pizzeria in the search bar.

He fills in the required information, tacking the boxes until he’s reached the last one, special instruction. Any other day, and he would’ve left it blank, but—blame his drowsiness—today he found himself typing the emptiness away, stifling a yawn with his hand as he hits ‘order this pizza’.

When the words ‘your pizza has been ordered’ pop up, he closes his laptop’s lid and places the device on the coffee table before stretching his arms and legs, blanket falling off his shoulders in the process, grunts escaping his lips as he flexes his muscles. He scrambles to pick up the blanket from the floor before settling himself back on the couch, now laying, resting his head on a cushion as he wraps the blanket around his body. And soon, the fatigue takes over and he falls into a light slumber, growling stomach ignored for now.

 

*

 

Kyungsoo bolts awake when the buzzer of his apartment suddenly rings. He jumps off the couch, his blanket dropping to the floor—pooling around ankles, and scurries off to the door. Clumsily unlocking it, he opens the door slightly, poking his head through the chink.

He looks up and immediately his heart beat accelerates, pounding for what feels like a hundred miles per hour. A handsome man, not much older than him, is stood right in front of Kyungsoo. His blonde locks are covered by a cap, a few strands poking out, the sand-y colour contrasting graciously with his sun-kissed skin. His eyes enlarge, gaze focusing on the way the other’s pink, rosy lips form words. Only then, Kyungsoo realises he’s making a fool out of himself, and opens the door fully, stuttering, “Hi.”

The pizza delivery boy smiles, revealing all of his pearly whites when he does, and if it were possible, Kyungsoo would melt into a puddle of mushy goo here and now.

“Did you order a Golden Chicken Delight?” The boy asks, lifting the box as to clarify the question.

Kyungsoo nods, suddenly very well aware of the fact that the handsome stranger’s eyes are on him, and that he’s wearing cartoon pyjamas, his hair must be kinking out in every direction possible, messy and unkempt, and his cheeks are burning up, a rosy colour dusting the apples.

“Uhm, by the way, I’m sorry for not living up to your expectations. I’m currently the only one delivering tonight, so excuse me for messing up your order,” The delivery boy, ‘Jongin’ his name tag reads, says, bashful.

“No, you still got my request right,” The words tumble out of Kyungsoo’s mouth without a filter and his eyes look like they can pop out any second, the blush on his face increasing in opacity as silence follows.

“Oh,” Jongin has the audacity to follow Kyungsoo’s steps, and is next to shade a soft hue of red.

Kyungsoo’s eyes fall onto the hot pizza in his hands, and gasps, though barely audible. An awkward grin blossoms on his face as their gazes meet.

“I’ll go get my wallet,” He says, and dashes off to the living room, heart still racing in his chest (hello, there is a god of some sorts waiting at his doorstep?), and slaps his cheeks repeatedly in the hopes of getting rid of the redness. When he returns, the taller shoots him yet another warm, captivating smile. Kyungsoo drops his gaze to the floor, feeling like he’d lose his breath if he holds eye-contact for any longer. Quickly, he hands over a fair amount of money, telling him to keep the change.

“Thank you,” The other beams, resembling an overly excited puppy, and it takes all of Kyungsoo’s willpower to refrain himself from cooing over his cuteness—are those sparkles twinkling in his eyes?

As he accepts the pizza, he catches a whiff of Jongin’s cologne, the scent intoxicating, addictive. He nearly drops the box in the process, and this time he’s not sure whether it’s embarrassment that colours his face pink, or Jongin’s warm hand cupping his in an attempt to aid him save the pizza.

“T-Thank you,” Kyungsoo murmurs, swiftly shuffling backwards. Before he closes the door, he waves at the other one last time, small smile adorning his face, and then Jongin is gone.

With one hand on his chest and the other clutching the pizza box close, he shuffles back to his spot on the couch, bright, shiny eyes not leaving his mind. He then opens the lid and is greeted with the deliciousness that is pizza, until his eyes catch numbers written at the top of the carton in black marker, a messy ‘call me’ with a smiley face scribbled underneath it.

He falls asleep that night with a full tummy and fluttering butterflies.

 


 

A/N: lol excuse me while I post this crap here I DIDN'T EVEN BETA READ IT #bye

(written while listening to [Olmos's Hold Me], you should definitely check that out! ; v ;)