Drop The Bomb

Let's Play Pretend

(continues where chapter one ended)

 

"Basically, all we need to do is meet up late at night a couple of times to gain attention. Then we'll keep it a secret until we tell Mr. Lee that we're dating, he'll make it official and boom, we can both be happy with our real partners."

I scoffed, "Yeah, sounds perfect. Except for the fact that I don't have a partner."

"Oh please, as soon as you tell him that you're dating me he'll be jealous and all over you, trust me." Taeyeon threw a wink at me, fixed herself while looking in the mirror and turned to make a leave.

"Wait!"

She turned around looking surprised and startled.

"One more thing: when should I tell them?"

"Whenever you feel like it, my girls already know that we're only show and telling EXO is your job. And now, see you soon, honey." She blew me a kiss and left.

I remained seated and let everything slowly sink in. Running my fingers through my hair a few times I left the room and went back to our practice room.

I wasn't surprised to find it empty. Well, almost.

As usual, Chanyeol was sitting in the middle of the room, playing with his phone, waiting for me.

My heart clenched at the sight and I suddenly realized how stupid this whole thing, that I got myself into, was.

His head snapped up when he heard me enter and a smile instantly showed on his face.

"You done?"

"Yeah, let's go."

He was probably dying to know what she wanted from me but out of respect he kept quiet.
Even if he had asked, I wouldn't have been able to tell him.

Not yet.

 

February, 2014

We've been "dating" now for nearly a month and since our first date I'm glad as hell that I don't like girls.

Taeyeon completely dominated me, bossing me around and constantly telling me what to do and what to avoid.

It was always her picking me up, choosing the restaurant, the movie, the cafè.

I wasn't allowed to touch her unless she initiated it which, frankly spaking, didn't bother me at all.

Dating her, or better said, spending useless time with her made me realize how stupid dating while being an idol really is.

Instead of going home after an exhausting day filled with performing or training and just sleep, I seriously had to shower, throw myself into some good looking clothes and go out again for another two to three hours.

Of course my bandmates got suspicious after a while, throwing stupid comments after me whenever I got ready to leave.

 

One day, it simply happened.

After a tiring day stuffed with studying new dances I decided to skip my meeting with Taeyeon and instead lounged around in the living room after showering and getting into something more comfortable.

One by one the others joined me, and soon I found myself being squished down into the couch with Lay lying on top of me, his head resting against my chest.

I softly smiled at him while threading my fingers through his soft little locks. It only made me giggle when he started humming in contentment.

That was until Chen walked in, being the last one to join us, with an evil grin on his face.

I immediately knew that he was up to something.

And I was so not ready for it.

I still had to prepared myself for it, but Chen obviously was determined to drop the bomb.

Right there and then.

"So, Baekhyun", he started, his grin only growing wider. "Are you two-timing now, or what?"

Everybody's attention was now on me, except for Lay and I really didn't want to change that. Yes, I love him a lot but he was just too innocent sometimes.

So when he tried to raise his head to look at me, I simply pushed him back down to which he gladly complied.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Jongdae." I used his real name in order to show him how serious I was about shutting him up.

"Oh, you know pretty damn well what I'm talking about. I always knew that you like to experience but I never thought that one night you'd meet up with a girl and the next you'd cuddle with Lay."

'Girl'.

I sincerely hoped that he didn't know who I had been meeting up, hell, I even prayed for it, but stupid Chen had damn good contacts.

I stayed still, hoping that they would eventually stop staring at me and continue with whatever they were doing before but lady luck wasn't really on my side.

"Baek..."
It was Kyungsoo's soft voice that ripped me out of my thoughts.
"It's alright, you know?"

With those simple words he lifted a huge weight off my shoulders and I silently thanked him with a smile. Sweet, sweet Kyungsoo.

Just as I thought that everything was off the table Chen opened his mouth again.
"Why don't you tell us then who you're dating?"
er. Gonna throw him out of a window if he doesn't stop this soon.

I propped myself up on my elbows, not being able to move any further due to Lay, and took a look around. Most of the guys wore the same expression. A soft look that told me that it's okay no matter who I'm dating.

Except three of them.
Lay, who was still dozing on top of me; Chen, who was still grinning like an and ... Chanyeol.

Out of those three the way he looked at me hit me the hardest. Eyes wide opened and filled with something that I wasn't quite sure of what it was.
Regret because he was "too late"?
God, if Taeyeon's "plan" is actually going to work I'll plant her a tree.

I plopped myself down again, causing dimple-face to stir lightly, and covered my eyes with my arm.

Breathing in a couple of times I tried to relax again and said loud enough for everyone to hear, "It's Taeyeon."