Help

Let's Play Pretend

We sat quiet next to each other for half an hour straight.

I fixed my eyes on her when she started typing on her phone, humming slightly while doing so.

How could she be so indifferent about this?

Oh right, all of this was her damn amazing idea.

 

December, 2013

My band and I were about to call it a night when suddenly the door to our practice room flew open and an excited looking noona stormed in.

She pointed her finger at me and giggled before squeaking, "Taeyeon wants to see you."

Out of instinct I peeked at my best friend. Yeah, right, as if he would stop me.
I was seriously expecting it but he only gave me a thumbs up and a wide grin that made my stomach turn.

Quickly, I gathered my belongings and followed the overly excited woman until she stopped in front of one of the dressing rooms and pushed me inside while smirking at me knowingly.

Disgusting.

Still shaking my head to get the nasty womans look out of my head, a small sob reached my ears.

Oh god, please.

Slowly I spun around and saw Taeyeon crouching on the black couch, face burried in her hands.

I approached her and kneeled in front of her, only to be pulled into one of the tightest hugs I had ever experienced.

Out of instinct I slowly started rubbing her back, telling her that everything will be okay. Well depending on what her "everything" was.

After she calmed down she finally started talking.

"Baekhyun...I need your help."

"With what exactly?"

"Well... you see..." Taeyeon kept her gaze fixed to the ground and started playing with her fingers.

I didn't even knew why I was there in the first place. Of course, we knew each other ever since I entered the company a few years ago but only recently we started getting closer, due to some collaborations, but I was pretty sure that she was even closer to some other guys. So why me?

Being the good guy, that she obviously sees me at, I shifted closer, forced her too look at me by lifting her chin and softly said, "What is it that you need my help for?"

She took a deep breath and started her explanation, "You see, Tiffany and I, we...well, like each other. But we know how much of a scandal it would be for the company so we can't risk that anybody finds out. So we talked about it for a long time and came to the conclusion that, if one of us dated somebody else officially, we could continue our secret relationship without anybody suspecting anything."

I was slowly getting what she wanted from me but I must have looked pretty confused because she continued explaining, "Everything would be fake, Baekhyun. Since our bands work together some of us are getting shipped anyway, so why not take advantage of it?"

When our eyes met I saw something in hers. They were filled with hope and anticipation, she already knew that I couldn't deny her offer.
Because she knew.
About him.

I sighed in defeat without thinking too much about the consequences and heard her squeal happily when I said, "I suppose you already made a plan?"