Roommate

Let's Play Pretend

June, 2014

"So, Baekhyun", that oh so familiar voice ripped me out of my self-destroying thoughts.
"I am heading out now, want to share a cab?"

All I could do was nod weakly, hoping, praying, that there were no hords full of crazy fangirls waiting outside already.

 

At the dorm I was welcomed by Sehun and Tao, both asking inappropriate questions, especially about my life.

Wait.. life?

As far as I can remember the last 'ual action' that I got was with my hand.

"Come on, hyung. Tell us how she is." Sehun demanded while poking my sides.

I sighed and said in the calmest voice that I could muster, "We haven't done anything like that yet, Sehunnie."

Yet?

God, I'm such an idiot.

"I bet they've already done it, multiple times."
"He's just to shy to tell us."

Those two...just start talking about me when I'm still in the same damn room.

 

With an annoyed huff I push past them and make my way into the kitchen in search of Kyungsoo.

Checkpot.

Xiumin was with him and when they spotted me they instantly started smiling.

I jumped on top of the nearest kitchen counter, rubbed my neck awkwardly and finally asked, "Have you seen Chanyeol?"

If I hadn't seen those two freeze visibly before glancing at each other, I really would have believed that I didn't up everything.

"Uhm, he is out filming for Roommate. Don't you remember?"

Ah, right.

"And by the way...", Kyungsoo hesitated.

Xiumin turned around, facing me, sighed and continued what had been started by Soo, "They want somebody of us to make a short appearance in the show. Filming for it is tomorrow, so show up there at around 8 p.m."

"What?! Why me? You guys know that we're not on good terms currently."

"Baekhyun, we also know that this whole thing hurts you and that you want your best friend back, so just get through it and maybe you'll get a chance to talk to him. After all he can't be an to you on camera."

"Fine...", I pouted, earning a soft pat from Xiumin for it.

 

Later that evening I found myself lying in bed, fully awake, staring at Chanyeol's empty bed across the room.

Since I had told the band about 'us' he had started spending less and less time with me.

He started hanging around with either Kai or Kyungsoo, and I stopped trying to get close to him as soon as the fans started shipping him with Kyungsoo, pushing me even further away.

All through February and March I basically had to force myself not to cry every time that I caught him looking at me only to turn his head away in an almost angry manner.

And since the beginning of April I have literally been staying alone every night. At least he now had a legit excuse to avoid me, Roommate.

Since then I found myself in a situation like this more and more often.

How pathetic.

Poor, little Baekhyun all alone in his and Chanyeol's room, waiting and hoping for him to return tonight. Even if it's just for a couple of hours of sleep.

I started noticing how worn out he looked, how the stylists needed more make-up to cover up the dark shades beneath his eyes, how thin he got.

It scared me.