Meeting

Angel's Fate

 Chapter Two 


Eunmi arrived at the Empire Hotel and ask the receptionist for Tao’s room. But before the receptionist help her to guide to his room, a young man appear and offer help for Eunmi. The young man is tall, white pale skin, with blonde hair. At first Eunmi wants to reject his offer, but after he told her he will explain who is he, Eunmi agreed and told the receptionist to tell Tao that she will be going with the young man.


She and the young man walk together to the elevator going up to the fifth floor, where Tao’s room at. They’re enter the elevator and Sehun put in a card to activate the floor button. Eunmi take a glance to him beside her and can’t help but secretly inspecting him from the corner of her eyes. She would be lying if she didn’t admit that this young man isn’t attractive. Many girls swooning at him while they’re walk together to the elevator just now. He looks cold and his face show no expression. He wears black suit that makes him looks cool.


The young man realized that he was being eyed by Eunmi. He then open a conversation with her.


“Oh, where's my manner, I havent introduce myself. My name’s Sehun. You are... Miss Kim Eunmi, am I right?” He smiled. He has cute eye smile that makes Eunmi reflect his act.


“Yes I am. May I know who are you? How do you know me and Tao?” She asked.


“I’m his assistant. He told me that his father has arranged a marriage for him and you. And today is the day you two will meet. Oh, by the way, happy birthday to you. It’s such a shame I don’t have anything for your present...” He pout. Eunmi let out a giggle seeing his act. He’s too cute!


“No problem Sehun-sshi. Thank you for the greeting.” She smiled. But suddenly, she realized she’s going to meet her future husband, and slowly she feels scared and worry.


Sehun realized that she was concern about something. Her face tell everything.


“Anything's wrong? You seem bothered with something.” He asked.


“N-Nothing, it’s alright.” She smiled dryly. But Sehun didn’t buy it. He is not become Tao’s assistant for nothing. Digging the truth from someone is his specialize.


“But your face tell another, Eunmi-sshi. You can tell me your concern, secret-keeper is my middle name,” He pat his chest playfully. Eunmi let out a giggle seeing this bright young man.


“It’s just... I was wondering about... how did you and Tao know me? Even if you saw my photo, it could be different after seeing the real person. And you know today is my birthday. Tao calling me with unknown number. He probably send me a birthday message last night with that unknown number too, and I’m curious—“


“Uh… sorry to interrupt but about that, you will have the answers for those questions after meeting him, Eunmi-sshi. You have to ask him personally. I have no right to tell you the answers right now.” He smile apologetically.


“O-okay then. I’ll ask him later. Oh, Uhm... me and my friends will having a birthday party tonight at my house, I’m sure Tao were invited too by my grandpa. You can come too,”


“Thanks for inviting me. I really wish I can come, Eunmi-sshi. But I think Tao hyung won’t allow me.” His eye smile appearing again.


“Why? You have works to do?”


“Not really.”


“Then why did you think Tao won’t allow you to come to the party?”


“You will know after meeting him.” Why don’t this man explain to me already?


“This is his room. Please come this way.”


Sehun open the door in front of him and let her come inside first. It’s president suit room. The room is huge and has personal living room, mini bar and dining corner. Eunmi sit at the couch in front of the coffee table facing to the big window that show the city view.


“Drink?” Sehun coming with two glass and a bottle of clear water and placed it on the coffee table.


“Oh, Yes. Thank you.” She smiled as Sehun pouring water into the glass.


“He might be late for about twenty minutes or more. Did he told you that?” he asked, after take a sip of his water.


“Yes he did.”


“You will find him an interesting person after you know himbetter. Maybe he looks cold at first, but actually he’s nice.”


“Yeah, I’ve heard it before from Kai oppa. Maybe you already been with him for a long time, that’s why people said that.”


“Because we’re male.” Sehun let out a small smile and sighed.


“What do you mean?” Eunmi frowned, confuse with what Sehun said.


“Hyung always cold to every female.” Sehun give her a bitter smile. Eunmi still didn’t get it. But before he asked Sehun any further why he said that, her phone ringing. It’s from the Unknown Number. She could assume it’s from Tao.


“Hello?”


“Don’t seduce someone you just met, can you? You don’t even know him and easily take a glass of water from him? What if he poisoned you?! Voice in the other line sounds pissed.


“Tao?” She making sure it’s that man because his voice tone were far different from the last time he calls her.


“Yes, it’s me. Now give the phone to Sehun!” His voice more commanding now.


“B-but—“ How can he knows I’m in his room with Sehun and have a drink with him?


“Now, Kim Eunmi.”


Eunmi hesitately giving the phone to Sehun and mouthed him it was from Tao. Sehun looks amused and take the phone from her and walk away while listening to Tao’s call. Eunmi was left confused. Is he a telepath? He knows I’m in his room with Sehun and have a drink with him! There is no way CCTV exist inside hotel room, it’s against customer’s privacy. He must be watching me somewhere…


Minute later he return and handed her phone back. Eunmi looking at him, try to find an answer what was Tao said to him.


“I have to go, Eunmi-sshi. Hope you enjoy meeting Tao hyung. He will be here soon.” Sehun grab his things and ready to leave the room.


“Why? What did he said to you?” The young man just give her a vague smile without answering her question.


“Y-You can stay until he comes. I hate being alone. Especially in someone’s room. I really enjoy your company, Sehun-sshi.” Eunmi got up and try persuading Sehun to stay. She was feeling a bit scare meeting Tao alone.


“I believe he will be more furious if he knows I’m still staying here with his girl when he comes,” He shooked his head and smiled.


“Besides, I have something to be done, Eunmi-sshi. Just wait here for a couple minutes, okay? He will be here soon and you don’t have to be alone. Have a good day, Eunmi-sshi. It’s a pleasure to meet you,” He bid goodbye and leaving Eunmi alone in Tao’s room.


After the door completely closed, Eunmi turn around, take a deep breath and release a sigh.


Relax Eunmi. Grandfather wouldn’t pick the wrong guy to be my husband. He knows the best. Relax...


Eunmi back to her seat before and pour herself the water. It helps her to relax. She decided to looking around at his room. She sip her drink while looking at stack of books on the bedside table. Two books on the top is biography book. She didn’t bother to see the other books. His room is neat and tidy. He even have men cosmetics on the desk.


“What kind of person are you, Huang Zi Tao?” She mutter to herself.


Eunmi sit back on the couch, replay everything Kai and Sehun said about Tao. But his mind lingering with what Sehun said. ‘Hyung always cold to every female.’ That explain a bit why he sounds so cold on the phone. And also makes her more curious with Tao. A moment later, she shook her head and take a deep breath and let out a long sigh. I shouldn’t think too much.


Eunmi took her phone and immediately tap the music application. She scrolling the playlist and tap the song she likes to acompany her loneliness in Tao’s room. She hate being alone. She hate waiting someone. Especially someone she never met before. A jazz song flowing through the room, and sometimes Eunmi singing some part of the song. And unconsciously her body following the beat too.


“What a nice song you pick,” A soft, manly but melody-like voice suddenly break into the room, right after the song ends. Eunmi shock and turn around immediately, let out a loud gasp.


“Hello, Kim Eunmi.” The man walking towards the coat hanger near the door and flash her a smirk. Smirk that would make all girls swoon.


“Y-you...” Eunmi still shock and it became worse after seeing the owner of the voice. She instinctively stepped back avoiding him.


A tall man with black hair standing in front of the door, showing his back to her. He takes off his coat and hang it to the coat hanger. She still frozen in her place, take a first look at his visual. He turn to walk inside and that’s the moment Eunmi get to see his face clearly. He has a dark circle around his sharp eyes, she wonder if he lacks of sleep or somewhat. His corner lips has a deep curve and thin, makes him look hot. His tanned skin support the y and cold aura he brought. After all, he gave her a good impression by his looking.


“I’m Huang Zi Tao.” He sit in front of her and ed first button of his t-shirt and loosen the tie. Eunmi’s jaw dropped, looking at him blankly. Is he really going to be my future husband?


“Have a sit.” He command with polite.


With doubt Eunmi take a sit on the couch. She took her phone and turn off the music. Silence wrap around them as she put her head low, avoiding his strong gaze. Tao had his eye all over Eunmi, from head to toe. He sighed, then got up to the mini bar to get a glass of wine for himself. He then sit back and pouring the liquid into his glass and put another glass for her too.


“Cheers,” He raise up his glass, waiting Eunmi to clink it with his. Eunmi groggily clink the glass and take a bit sip of her wine.


“Happy birthday.” He said after sipping the wine.


“T-thank you.” She replied, without looking at him. She kind of feels that his gaze are too strong and it makes her extremely nervous.


“Am I scaring you, Eunmi-sshi?” He tilt his head to take a look at her face, but she remain still lowered her head.


“Huh? N-no, not at all. I’m just... I’m easily feel a-awkward with stranger,” She replied almost whispering.


“Really? But you seem enjoyed your time earlier with some stranger you just met names Sehun,” He said bluntly as he put his glass down on the cofee table. She just remained silent, face burn red because of embarassment.


Tao chuckled. This view is amusing to him. He crossed his legs and arms, and laid his back on the couch.


“I’m sure you’ve heard about the stupid arrange marriage. My father and your grandfather settled this up without my permission and force me to accept it just because of their friendship and to gaining benefit from the marriage. Stupid isn’t it?” He sighed and look at Eunmi that still lower her head down.


“I really don’t like someone put their hands in my life without my permission. Especially when they give me orders to do something that I hate. Like this. I won’t do it.” She surprised with what he just said. She bit her lower lip before answer him.


“Uhm... I-I don’t have any power to refuse it. I-it’s my grandfather’s decision...” She stuttering.


“Ha! Pathetic.” He chuckled.


“Pardon?” Eunmi didn’t expect he would say that to her.


“No matter your reason is, I’m reject it. Why would I want to marry someone that I barely know? And I’m still too young for it. I have life, and I hate anyone who put me in this stupid set up.” He scoffed and still maintain his calm expression. His eyes still pierce on Eunmi’s, waiting her to see him in the eyes.


And it happened. With shocked face, mouth half dropped, she look at him unbelievably.


“I know you’re only twenty Eunmi-sshi, but you have to think and rethink again about what everyone told you. You don’t know me. And you’ll marrying stranger who doesn’t even love you. Isn’t it insane? Marriage shouldn’t go that way.” He takes a gulp from his wine.


She swallow her saliva. “But... I’ll still accept this arrange marriage. I will try to accept all of your behaviour and personality, whatever you are. I will learn. Because I can’t against my grandfather’s will. I choose to go on.” She bit her lower lips again. She feels so much pressured from him, especially from his eyes that can’t take off of her in anytime.


He laughed. It’s more like mocking laugh. He then said calmly, “Stop dreaming, princess. You don’t live in a fairy tale. Don’t force yourself too much. You want Jongin to be your husband, not me.” Her head suddenly up and eyes widened because of shock.


“Ho-how did you know?”


“I know everything.”


“How did you know everything?”


“You don’t need to know.”


“I need to know everything, Tao-sshi. I need to know how did you know everything about me. You know my number, know my birthday, and even know what I feel about Kai oppa!” She almost shout at him, let out all of her curiousness and release all the pressured feeling.


Tao surprised by her act. But he keep his cool image and even let out an amusing chuckle. “What do you think a person like me knows everything about you? Literally, everything. You only have one close friend, Hyerin. You learnt Tae Kwon Do to protect yourself from kidnapper. I know your only one ex-boyfriend. Always got top three in the school since elementary, your favorite fruit is banana and watermelon, your favorite color is green, you always lock your room... I know everything.” The smirk plastered on his cocky face. As he pour some more wine to his glass.


“You stalk me... you did a background check on me...” She really hates it. She really hates someone stalking her and knows about her private life.


“Just realised now? You just lucky enough I still have my manner to you. Other girl might be kicked out immediately before they enter my room.” He sipped the wine and look at his watch.


“We should go,” He said.


Eunmi look at him angrily. She took her Louis Vuitton purse and stand up before Tao. He looks confused and think she’s ready to go.


“You don’t ask me where to go?” He walk to coat hanger and cooly put on his blazer.


“I don’t have to ask you where my house is, though you already know. I’m going home.” Eunmi take her leave hurrily.


Tao turn around to stop her from walking out the door. He grab her arm and suddenly pinned her to the wall. She flinched by his sudden act and feel scary of him immediately.


“And tell your grandfather about our conversation here? Don’t. Ever. Think. That. Would. Happen.” His face way too much closer to hers.


“Why are you like this to me? You want to cancel the wedding, then fine! I regret to think that I would accept the marriage with you. Stalker!” She let out a loud shout to him but only receive a small laugh.


“You’re funny,”


“What?!”


Tao loosening his grip a bit on her arm, made a more gap to their faces, but eyes still sticking on her. Eunmi take that moment to calm her breath from the rage that build inside her because of his attitude.


“When I know my father arranging marriage for me, I did some effort to know who is the woman I will marry. I want to know who is she. Eventhough I don’t agree for this thing from the start. But you don’t. You just accept it without curiousity about what the guy looks like, who is he and why you should marry him. You only heard about me from someone that voluntarily told you. You didn’t even ask them more details. And yet, you still accept the marriage.” Tao release his grip on her arms, leaving a red fingerprint on her skin.


She realized. Tao’s right. She didn’t even bother to check him more details of what he looks like, what is his personality, and what kind of person is he. He stalk her just to know her better eventough he didn’t agree. And it hit her badly. Tao has this side, that makes her feel cared. Eunmi stare into his eyes deeply and start to think of following to what he wants.


“I don’t want to break the business string between my family company and yours. However, this marriage will gain benefit to both company and I have the responsibility to hold this all matter. We should think of a better plan for us. Let’s get lunch for now. Will you?” He asked. She hesitated, but nodded. 

 

◈◈◈

 




So... how is it going? I do like the Bad Tao, but Gentlemen Tao is not bad too, right? :D

Don't forget to tell me your thoughts by the comment, ok? It really helps my write-mood up. hehehe

By the way, happy weekend fellas!