Announcement

Angel's Fate

 Chapter One 

The five-year old girl has grown up. But her imagine of an angel she had been captured when she was a child still lingering in her mind. And she really wanted to find a man who will capture her heart someday and make her as his one and only angel. She always waiting for the fate would bring her to the prince charming. She never feels afraid for young-marriage thing. She want to have a lovely family like the one she had living now with her parents. Having child, become the housewife who always taking care her husband after work, and live happily ever after like in the fairy tales her Mom read for her bedtime story. But one thing she doesn’t know, fate would be cruel.

Today is Eunmi’s birthday. The day she turns twenty years old. She grinning ear to ear since she open her eyes this early morning. It was still 5 a.m. in the dawn. She grabs her phone from the bedside table and found three messages. Not much people know her personal number, only people she trust and family. She opened the first message, which is from her lovely best friend Hyerin.

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BELOVED FOREVER FRIENDS EUNMI!!!
Always wishing you for the very best, and wish for you to find your fated prince! ^3^
Don’t forget we have to celebrate it tonight! PARTY TO GO BABE! Love you girl! ♥
p.s. : I will bring hot guy as my date tonight. Better anticipate! :D

 

From : Hyerin
October 27 00:09

 

 

She giggled after read the message and immediately replies it.

 

Thank you so much my beloved Hyerin! I’m sure my fated prince is coming soon! 
Hot guy? Can’t wait to meet him to know what kind of guy you brought this time. Haha ^^
See you tonight!

 

To : Hyerin
October 27 05:01

 

 

Then she moves to the next message. It was from another beloved person. It was a guy this time. He’s been regarded as a brother.

“OH! It’s from Jongin Oppa!” she squeals excited.

 

Welcome to twenty! Aigoo~ you become a lady now... 
Happy birthday little sister! Can’t wait to open my present like the old days, huh?
But I won’t give you a Barbie anymore, so don’t be upset okay? Haha
Your fated prince better out from the hideout now so he could marry you soon!
Your Extremely y Brother—KAI

 

From : Jongin Oppa
October 27 00:27

 

 

She scoffed, but then giggling again.

“This Oppa has no shame…” she muttered.

Now she is grinning madly. Before she read the next message, she replied the message from Jongin, said her gratitude and remind him to buy her birthday present. Of course, it is a joke. People always wondered what kind of present would she like when she already had everything. It’s hard to buy present for a rich daughter like Eunmi.

She then opened the next message. But after read it, she frowned.

 

Happy Birthday. See you later.

 

From : Unknown Number
October 27 01:59

 

First, it didn’t show the sender number which she really hate it. Second, the message is not sounds sincere. And short. Only five words and two periods. She didn’t respect with really short message. She hates it.

“Who the hell is this person? I can’t even call back the number.” She scowls and presses the red button after trying to call the sender. She throws her phone to the bed. She doesn’t want to ruin her special day. She gets up from bed then walk towards the bathroom to wash up.

She wear sport legging covered with training pants and her jumper with thick jacket since autumn already coming. She walks around the park inside the Kim’s Mansion complex. She stopped in front of water fountain and does stretching before start jogging.

Eunmi is strict with her health. Every day, before starting her daily activity she always woke up early just to do a little exercise. She likes to keep her body fit. Because she has to protect herself from being kidnapped like what happened before, so she learned Tae Kwon Do. Sometimes, being the heir of Kim Corp. is hard.

After spending two hours produce sweats at the exercise field, she is back to the mansion. Her personal assistant is already waiting at the door handing towel and water bottle. Eunmi gave her a sincere smile. Even though she is the princess in the mansion, she always treats every maids and butlers nicely. Thanks to her parents who give her a great education not to be a spoiled child. At her young age, Eunmi spending half of her money donated to unknown orphanage and child with cancer foundation. She is the dream princess who lives in modern times. No wonder so many businessman friends of his father and grandfather wants her to be their daughter-in-law.

“Happy birthday, Miss. I wish you always be healthy and found your fated prince,” her personal assistant greet her with big smile. Everyone in the mansion knows about her obsession of the fated prince.

“Oh thanks so much, Ahyoung-sshi. You should find yours too.” Eunmi gave her wink that caused her blushing.

“Master and Madam are waiting for you in the dining room for breakfast, Miss.” She informs.

“I’ll take a shower first then joining them. Is Grandfather there too?” she asks Ahyoung while climbing the grand stair to her room in the second floor.

“Sajangnim will come soon. He was in the back yard doing meditation, Miss.” She replied and still following Eunmi.

“Okay then. Tell them I’m going to take a shower first. I’m sure they’re preparing a celebration for my birthday.” She smile amused. It always like that. Her parents were too obvious they didn’t come to her room this morning to say happy birthday like always. That’s when she realized her parents come up with something.

 

◈◈◈

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING!” Her Mother jump to hug her and showering her cheeks with kisses.

“Happy birthday my beloved daughter.” Her Father joined his wife too.

“Thank so much Mom, Dad. Just to remind you again, I’ve turned into a lady now. I’m grown up and please don’t treat me like a child anymore.” She jokes that makes her Father ruffling her hair lovingly.

“You must be surprise who’s coming this morning.” Mrs. Kim said with mischievous smile plastered on her face.

“Who? My fan boy?” She arched her brows playfully.

“Your eternal fan boy, kiddo.” A male voice coming from behind her. She turns to find the owner of that y voice and found a tall man with y tanned skin walk towards the door of the dining room.

“JONGIN OPPA!!” She ran to him and gave him a bear hug. He finally back to visit the Kim family’s mansion after 3 years away in Japan finished his study.

“Call me Kai now. I’m back kiddo. Do you miss me?” He breaks the hug and ruffling her hair.

“So much, oppa. I feel lonely after you gone. Nobody wants to play with me...” She pouts.

“Nobody wants to play with you? Then what did you do with Hyerin? I found your photos with her at many place spreading on your SNS. And you say nobody wants to play with you? Hmm… poor Hyerin…” He raised his brows teasingly. Eunmi made a lose face to him and immediately admit.

“Well, you stalk my SNS apparently, Oppa. Happy?” He laughs and pinches both her cheeks playfully.

“Let’s get breakfast now. I think handsome old man is waiting already for his turn to greet me happy birthday.” She turns and walks to her Grandfather and gives him a warm hug.

“I’m almost fall asleep, my child.” He raises his hands and welcomed the hug his granddaughter gave him.

“Happy birthday my dear. Wish you be more wise and healthy.” He gives her a kiss on the cheek. Then she kissed his grandfather back in return with a big thankful smile.

“Let’s all be seated. Let’s celebrate my grand-daughter’s special day.”

All of them then take their seat with the help of the maids. Kai and Eunmi sitting side by side across to Eunmi’s parents. They have their breakfast happily. Even Eunmi have a little celebration from her parents that brought a handmade cake and ask Eunmi to blow the candles. Every maids and butlers who works for their family also take a part in the mini party.

The sounds of forks and knives against plates softly with some chatting voice heard at the huge dining room. Eunmi having chat with Kai, almost of it was his stories while lived in Japan. She also shared stories to him about her life as well when he was away.

“I want to announce something,” The old man start speaking after the family finished their breakfast and the maids clean up their plates from the table. Everyone’s attention is on him now.

“My beloved Eunmi is already full grown today. She’s already twenty and she behave well. All of you know that she is the heir of Kim Corp. and soon I will give my crown to her. I believe you, my son Kim Joohyuk, to run our family business well. And I really proud of you for taught my grand-daughter very well to be the heir,” He paused. They are listened every word from him attentively.

“Now I gave my dear Eunmi this trust. I believe you wise enough to accept my decision. This is my best decision to help her become more mature and ready to face this cruelty of business life. I have settled an arrange marriage for you with Huang Zi Tao, son of CEO Huang Zi Sheng from Huang Holdings Inc. You know him well, right Kim Jongin?” Grandfather smiled to Jongin. All eyes on him instantly.

Eunmi and Jongin shocked. Well, her parents already know about this arrange marriage. They also did not agree at first, since they want Eunmi choose herself the man she wanted to be with. But in business life, arrange marriage is one of many ways to gain more great benefit from collaborated companies. And knowing their son-in-law to be is Huang Zi Tao, they agreed and wish Eunmi would accept too.

“But… Grandpa… you know him Oppa? You know this arrange marriage thing?!” She asks with a choked voice, still in shock state. Her jaw dropped, did not expect this thing would come earlier than she thought.

“I… I don’t know about that Eun, but… I know… Huang Zi Tao…” Kai replied. Hearing the name is bringing back some memories of his past.

“Who is Huang Zi Tao? Why did you know him?” She whispered. Jongin looked at her eyes worriedly.

Eunmi know she could not refuse her grandfather’s decision. Not because she is a coward, but she does not have the power to. She already expect this arrange marriage thing will come to her, but she didn’t know it will come today, at her twenty birthday. However, she already prepared everything, her mental especially. She had to accept anyone who will be her husband. She would try to love him to create her own happy family. She would make him to be her fated prince no matter what. Although she expects Kai to become her fated prince who is destined with her one day. But heaven have another plans for her.

“He’s my step brother...” Jongin said almost whispered.

 

◈◈◈

 

“Eun, I swear I didn’t involve in this thing. I didn’t even know that Grandfather was planning your arrange marriage and announced it today. I just come back from Japan this morning! Mom never told me about this.” Kai explained. They walk in the garden to talk about what her grandfather has just said.

“Its okay, Oppa. I never said I blame you. I’m just trying to absorb everything I heard just now. I don’t know you have stepbrother. You never told me before.” They walk towards a white gazebo that placed in the center of the pond.

Kai sighed. Yes, he never told Eunmi he had stepbrother. Because he himself had not been meet him for a while. He thought it was not necessary to tell that he has stepbrother. He thought she would never meet him anyway because his stepbrother and the family lived far away from Seoul. And he had no intention to tell her about his family, because he want to build his new life in Korea. But things turned unexpectedly, so now Kai have to explain everything to Eunmi. Kai leaned his body to one of the gazebo pillars and decided to tell her everything.

“Well I guess I had to tell you now everything about my family, Eunmi.” He took a deep breath and started telling her.

“Mom remarried to a successful businessman Huang Zi Sheng and she followed him live in China. I was thirteen at that time and Mom bring me along with her after she and Dad divorce. Huang Zi Sheng had a son that happened to be Huang Zi Tao from his ex-wife. He is a year older than I am. I tried to get along with Tao hyung, but he was a type of quiet and talk less boy, very introvert. Baba told me he always like that to stranger. After time goes by we lived together, he started opening his heart and accept to have a brother like me. When some punks were bullying me in school, hyung came and defends me. He beat them. When I have a hard time speaking mandarin, he taught me. Hyung is an amazing person. He might look like not friendly by his appearance but he is a good hyung to me. He’s a boy with so many achievements and talent. He won many gold medals in Wushu championship. He always in the top three at school. But when he’s seventeen Baba sent him to study abroad in US. I never meet him again since then.” He paused, looking at Eunmi while recall his memories with his stepbrother. Eunmi imagined what kind of person Tao was while listened carefully to Kai’s description about him.

Kai sighed then continue, “Things got hard at that time in the family. Mom has no other choice but to send me back to Seoul to live with Dad for a while. But then your family heard about my situation from Mom and kindly helped me to find my Dad. At that time I didn’t know that your Grandfather was my Mom’s godfather.  Your parents sent me to Japan three years ago when I found out Dad has remarried with another women. He would not even acknowledge me as his son. Since then I realized I have to build my own life, I don’t want to disturb him and his new family anymore. A year later Mom and Baba inform me that their situation is getting better and wanted me back to China. But Grandfather decided to raised me as his grandson.” Kai gazed at the pond with longing eyes. While listening the story Eunmi feel sympathy towards him. At his young age, Kai fight alone with his life to find what truly family is. Eunmi was too young to understand the situation at that time.

“And that’s all the story of my family and why I know Huang Zi Tao.” He ended the story with a deep sigh. He never thought that today would be the day he dug out his memories about the painful story of his life to be told to her.

“I can’t believe that I’m going to be your sister-in-law, Oppa. Soon.” She said softly. She never thought that today would be the day she heard about sad family story that had relation with her future husband. ‘Why it has to be this complicated to me?’

“I’m sure you’ll like him, Eun. He has trust issues and another thing, that’s why he acted so cold to people. Only a matter of time for him be able to open up to you. Wait, are you planning to against grandfather decision?” he asked worriedly.

She sighs as she turned to face Kai. She never imagines she would be Kai’s sister-in-law. She always hopes Kai will be her husband so that she doesn’t have to be disappointing like this. She knows him better and didn’t need to start over. She will be very willing to have marriage at her young age with him. But reality wakes her up from her dreams.

“How could I against my grandfather? He was kind enough to choose someone who is close to our family. And I’m sure he choose the right man for me. I’m just… disappointed that my future husband… is not y-you…” She said sadly, as sudden embarrassment crept up. ‘There, I finally confessed. Owh, how embarrassing!’

Kai froze for a while when finally he tugged his corner lips into amusing smile and let out a chuckle. “I know.” He said simply. Eunmi look at him surprised. ‘Did he have the same feeling too?’

“I know I’m awesome—“

Tch, I guess not. This Oppa really has no shame at all…’

“—How many times did I told you that? Many girls wanted me to be their husband, who didn’t want it?” Eunmi rolled her eyes and gave him the look. He laughed and continued.

“But I’m not good enough for that. I love you as a sister, Eun. I will always protect you and do my best to be a great Oppa to you. I’m secretly happy when I heard hyung is going to be your husband. Because I know him. I admire him so much, he always inspiring me. He taught me dance, martial arts, studying hard, working hard, also taught me to pursue my dreams. He will be a good husband to you. He might be cold or rude sometimes and… somewhat different. But trust me, he is a real gentlemen. Just bear with him.” He assured her as he patted her shoulder softly.

“You sound like realtor, Oppa.” She giggles, cover up the nervous feeling in her heart. Kai is relieved to see Eunmi can still laugh.

“I don’t know… I thought I was ready to get married at a young age… I just hope he is the man who has been fated for me.” Her eyes fell on the ground, she couldn’t think properly about what she would do or what will happen.

“I hope so.  By the way, Grandfather said you would meet him today. When exactly?” He turns his head to Eunmi.

“Around this noon. And Grandfather said that he will me to the party too. I’m afraid he doesn’t like me. He will found me boring.” Suddenly she feels not confident.

“Hey, hey. Don’t lose your confident, okay? You’re attractive, Eunmi. You’re beautiful. If there’s a man who rejects you to be his wife, I’m sure that man would have bad luck his entire life!” He knows how to make she laugh again.

 

◈◈◈

 

Eunmi already dressed up. She wears deep blue dress, which ends at her knees. The dress is a bit loose so she add silver chain belt on her waist. She put on natural make-up, thin eyeliner and soft pink lip tint. She also wears dark blue contact lens because her eyesight is not too good. Eunmi was a nerd. That was before she met Hyerin, her fashionista best friend.

She takes a good look at the mirror for the last time before she goes, and assured herself that she can do this. She will make this arrange marriage works. She wants to be an angel for her husband—at least looks like angel. That has been her dream since child.

She was about to come down before her phone ringing. It’s from unknown number—no number displayed at all. She really hates it. She decided not to pick up the call and shoved the phone to her purse. She comes down and the chauffeur is already at the front door waiting for her. He opened the door for her and she carefully sit in the car.

“To the Empire Hotel, Ahjussi.” She said to the chauffeur.

“Yes, Miss.” Then the car starts moving.

Eunmi check her phone after it stopped buzzing from the call, but found a message coming. She opened it.

 

Pick up the call
—Tao—

 

From : Unknown Number
October 27 12:37

 

Her eyes widened instantly. It’s from him. It’s from her future husband. She froze in a moment because of nervousness. ‘How did he know my number?’

Shortly afterwards, the call is coming again. It still Unknown Number. She immediately picks it up.

“He-Hello?” she speaks carefully.

“It’s me Tao. I know you will arrive here in... Around fifteen minutes but I would still be in the meeting. You can wait in my room. Its room number 527. I already told the receptionist you will come. Kim Eunmi, right?” He pauses, waiting for an answer.

“Yes. But—”

“Alright. Just ask the receptionist to guide you to my room. They have my key card. Make sure you saved it safely later. I’ll be late for about twenty minutes or half an hour. I’m sorry. You okay?” He pauses again to hear her respond.

“O-okay...”

“Well then see you later. Save your question when we meet.” Click.

Her jaw dropped at the moment he hung up the call. She can’t believe that she only said four words and he wasn’t letting her finished her sentence. But it makes she curled the corner of her lips.

At least he’s gentlemen enough informed me that he would be late. Wait, did he said I will wait at his room? Oh what should I do…’

 

—◈◈◈—

 



Hello!

This is my first story I publish in aff, and... yeah I know all thing in my story is really typical fangirl imagination. haha :]

I've been inspired by some of my favourite authors in aff to make a story. I never dare to publish my story before, because I really don't have skill in writing one. 

In the end, I tried. And here it is. 

English is not my ultimate language, sorry for my lacking vocabulary. Also, I'm bad at grammar :(

Any comment is welcomed to help my courage to continue this work. Thanks for reading! ^o^