Discussion

Angel's Fate

 Chapter Three 


Tao and Eunmi arrived at the luxury restaurant placed on the top of Empire Hotel’s building, which is in the twenty-first floor. Sixteen floor way up from Tao’s room using elevator was the most tensed moment ever in Eunmi’s life.


Tao insist (forcing to be exact) to hold her hand and had no intention to release it even a bit all the way to the restaurant. That moment makes them become the center of attention by most female they passed. Disappointing look from those girls accompany their steps as if ‘The Handsome Man is Taken’ sign were invisibly displayed in front of their face.


“Why did you have to hold my hand all the time?!” she hissed in annoyance because he drag her anywhere literally.


“To show everyone that you’re mine.” He answered, piercing his strong gaze to Eunmi.


“But, I’m not yours! Not… yet…”


“If so, another reason is because I don’t like those girls staring at me thinking that I would be interested in them.” He scoffed.


“You don’t? They were pretty anyway,” She said in disbelief tone.


“Oh, Eunmi-sshi, I have my own view about woman and pretty is not the only asset to be proud  of.”


“Really? I thoughts guys are the same. Always look on appearance in first sight.”


“But I’m not that guys.” He smiled cockily. Eunmi frowned, feel defeated in their little argument. She didn’t like losing.


Sehun already reserved a table for Tao and Eunmi near the big window glasses at the corner of the place. He straight up when they coming his way. He nod to his boss and gesture them to have a sit. That’s when Eunmi feel her hand freedom from Tao’s grasp while he let her go to take a place across him.


“I take my leave hyung, Eunmi-sshi. Enjoy your time.” Sehun said.


“You’re not having lunch with us, Sehun-sshi?” She asked. Secretly wishing he cancel his leaving.


“As much as I want to take the honor to have lunch with you Miss, but I believe that my boss won’t allow me to do that.” Sehun smirk to Tao with teasing look then bowed to them and leave that place.


“Oh, too bad.” She mutter while looking at Sehun walked away.


“You seem more intense with that stranger, Miss Kim. Am I not a comfortable partner to have lunch with?” Tao sneered while flipping the Menu book.


“After you pin me to the wall and everything that happens more less ten minutes ago, do you think I could feel that way, Mr. Huang?” She sarcastically replied.


“Hmm.. maybe no, but I think your stuttering is cured now,” Tao smiled. Looking at her scrunching face makes his smile goes wider.


As much as she hate his sarcastic remarks and attitudes, she had to admit that Tao is attractive guy who has high senses to everything he choose. And he knows how to spoiled a woman. Despite his visual and body built that obviously makes every female species head over heel to him, his gentlemen side (which is blurry, as if he has an on-off switch in Eunmi thoughts) and having a high social status were completely a bonus jackpot. The view from their place he choose is really amazing, it’s like they are having lunch in the sky. The restaurant is like an aquarium with all glasses windows as the wall that facing the view of Seoul City from a height.


“Like what you see, I assume?” Tao flying a quick glance to her while still flipping the menu.


“It’s beautiful.” Her eyes still lingering on the view.


“Obviously it is. Whoever the architect must be have high art value for built this place.” He said, following her gaze to the picture outside.


“And have you make your mind on the menu?” His chin pointing the menu book when she turns her head to look at him.


She looked at the untouched menu book, not wanting to have trouble at choosing the meal. Then she come for a plan to test if he really meant his words.


“Let me see what would you order for me, Tao-sshi,” She stated with chalenging look. The male closed the menu book then handed it over to the waitress and catch his partner expecting face.


“To test myself whether I really know all about you? What a smart thought, Eunmi-sshi” He amused. She was slightly surprised Tao hit the point.


“What would you have, Sir?” Ask the waitress.


“I’ll have Sesame Steak Salad with Asian Pears and for her Chinese Chicken Salad and Simply Sautéed Greens as side dish. Plus one portion of Honey Lime-Sake Shrimp.”


“Is there any dessert you want, Sir?”


“Hmm… I’ll take Berry Shortcake and Single Origin Chocolate Mousse.” The waitress noted all his orders and inform them that it will be served in ten minutes before leaving the two.


“Chicken Salad and Sautéed Greens?” She raised her eyebrows.


“Yes, I think it’s good for someone who always maintained her health. Right?” His statement makes her corner lips curl up. He is indeed know everything about her.


While waiting they went silent. He is busy with his tablet to check about business matter, and she is back enjoying the view. When their orders is served until they finished eating they remain silent. Sometimes they get caught looking at each other, but immediately looked away and quickly turned their attention to other things.


After finish the meal they refresh their mouth with Chinon Rouge Jean-Maurice Raffault — France 2011 red wine by Tao additional order. One more things she noted mentally that this Tao guy has high sense of choices.


“Was that satisfying your appetite?” Tao asked.


“Very well. Thank you.” She sipped her wine.


“Back to the business, Eunmi-sshi. Do you still want our arrange marriage going on? Are you sure?” He leans forward, his hand clasp together on the table.


She bit her bottom lip. “Well, you’re the one who said you don’t want to agree to this. But from the marriage, your family business and mine will get more benefit. I didn’t think this set up for myself only, but it’s for the sake of my family and the company.”


“I’ve been thinking that way too. But aren’t you too young to accept this? Are you really sure to give up yourself to marry me, which is a complete stranger to you, I mean… we never been in a relationship before, we never know each other…”


She sighed and put down her glass of wine on the table. “Now or later, too young or old enough, for me it will be the same. I already know I will ended up in arrange marriage. So, whoever will be my husband, I don’t have a choice than to accept it no matter what. But if you still don’t agree, I can deal with Grandpa.” She take a look to Tao’s expression while thinking what will she say to her grandfather about this.


He takes a deep breath. “Well, I have to explain this first, Eunmi-sshi. Like what you say before that you couldn’t argue your grandfather’s decision, in my case, it will be more complicated than it already was if I refuse. What I said before in the room was just to test your response. I don’t have power to not agree with the decision too.”


Her eyebrows furrowed. She want to ask what was he mean, but she decided to wait for Tao to explain.


“We both have no other choice.” He said clearly.


◈◈◈

 

“See you at the party.” Tao bid goodbye after drive Eunmi back to her house.


She smiled dryly. “Yeah... sure.”


Tao went inside his car and start leaving the Kim’s mansion back to the hotel. Eunmi entered the house after saw Tao’s car disappeared from her sight. She walked straight to the garden where the party is held.


“Finally you’re back, birthday girl.” A voice surprised her and she immediately turn around.


“Oh God it’s you, oppa. Of course I’m back. Why? Miss me already?” She smirked.


“Oh I always missing you, little princess.” He ruffle her long brown hair playfully.


“How is he? Tao hyung.” He asked. Eunmi caught a little worry in his tone.


“He’s… attractive. But… I think some of your description about him is not really true, oppa. Maybe his personality has change a bit. Because he’s grown up, probably.”


“Change? Well… it is possible, since we haven’t met for 7 years.” Kai nod.


“But, he’s coming right? Tonight?”


“Yes, of couse. He’s the main role in tonight’s party. I could guess what will happen already,” 


“And… what is it, Eunmi?” He smiles, waiting for her next words.


“Grandpa invites the press too. He will announce my engagement tonight, not forget to introduce the main role Mr. Huang Zi Tao and making everyone surprised, then my name and his will be on tomorrow morning headlines in every newspaper. It’s just typical grandpa. You know it too, Oppa. He is Attention-Centered.” She snorts, not liking the idea at all.


Kai let out a small laugh and holds Eunmi’s shoulder. “But aren’t you a typical grand-child too? Always listening to his every words? Even you don’t like to be an attention-catcher, but you did for the sake of your grandfather, right? I’m sure you’ll be able to handle this too, Eunmi.”


She take a deep breath while staring at the workers who preparing decoration for the party.


“I don’t know Oppa. This time I feel so confused. Many things happened in a day. And Tao… he’s making me unsure to accept this marriage,”


“Why? What did he said to you?” he frown, concern to what he heard just now.


“At first he said he refuse this arrange marriage. Marriage shouldn’t go this way, we don’t love each other. I said I will try to love him, to accept his personality, and will learn from him. But still, he dig any informations about me, wants to know me more—stalking me to be exact. I didn’t do the same. Then it make sense to me. But in the end he said he will marry me, because we’re in the same situation that forbids us to resist this arrangement.” She said, eyes staring at the ground.


Kai lose his words, don’t know what to say. He felt sorry for his so-called little sister, wish there was a small thing that he could help, but he knew he could not help anything.


“I just wish you will be happy with him. Love can come as time goes by, Eun. He didn’t know yet how precious you are,” He said with supportive tone.


“I just wondering why is not you who were in Tao’s position, involved in this arrange marriage? I would be very happy if I have to marry you,” She gave him a sad look. She don’t know how she get the courage to speak out to Kai.


Kai raised his brows, flustered with her statement. He blinks several times, mouth drop open to find the answer, but Eunmi was faster when she realized what was she talking about earlier.


“That’s… Uh… Because I-I was too comfortable to be around you, and I think h-how good if I can marry someone who is already close to me… and don’t have to start everything from the very beginning to know each other.” She smiled sheepishly. Hoping Kai didn’t take seriously her former sentence.


And it creates an awkward silence between them for a moment.


“Y-Yeah, I know. I like you as my little sister Eunmi, like I told you before. If I were in Tao hyung’s position right now, I wouldn’t think twice to agree when I’m offered in arranged marriage with you. That’s because I know you very well…” He pauses.


“But we have to accept reality, my dear. I’m just a close relatives who happened to be adopted by your family. I’m your brother. Whatever happens I will always be by your side, and will never leave you.”


She bring herself closer to Kai and he embrace her, hope can lift up the mood and give her a sense of comfort. He rubs her back and patted her shoulder gently.


“It’s alright. He’s a nice person that I know, Eun. He wouldn’t hurt you. If he did, just show him what you learn in Tae Kwon do class and beat him.” He heard she laugh and let go of her from his embrace.


“Thank you, Oppa. I’m glad you are my brother. Hope you found your mate too.”


“Don’t worry, they have to get in line first and all I do is just pointing to one of them.” He said with his cocky face and got hit in the arm playfully.


“What a narcissistic brother,” She scoffs.

 

◈◈◈

 

Eunmi going up to her room to take a shower. It usually helps her thinking better under the warm water. And freshing her thoughts too.


After a few minutes had relaxing time in the bathroom, she come out wearing her bathrobe and going to her walk-in closet. The closet that every girl dreaming about.


Full of nice dresses, shirt, bags, shoes, and other accessories from well known world designers. She didn’t wear them often, only when she had to come to events which requires her to dress that shows her social status. She didn’t like to brag how wealth her family is, but business world is all about pride and must be show it in the way she dressed and act.


She got a little problem to pick what will she wear for the part tonight. There are new dress her mother bought weeks ago from Paris. It was Dolce & Gabbana’s Metallic matelassé mini dress, tactile Italian-made ¾ sleeves dress features full stretch-silk lining.

She tought it will be okay to wear, but then she thinking the party is held in the garden, which is outdoor. And because it’s October, low temperature have started. She didn’t want to get sick after the party just because she wear that $2911 dress to impress the guests. And that dress is not pretty if she wear any blazer to cover.


She give up on that dress and go back searching for any dress that will be warm enough to wear. Or dress that still pretty to be matched with any blazer, cardigan or bolero. She picks out several dress and try to mix them one by one. That was repeated for almost 15 minutes. But none of those dresses suits with her concept tonight.


She doesn’t have a lot of autumn-winter collection party dresses because she rarely goes to events in these season. If only she could just wear a coat or sweater to this party. But her grandfather and parents will be furious if she did that.


All of this crap is only meant to impress people. Is there anything more ironic than this?


She smiled bitterly at the thought, shook her head. Then she put the dresses back into the closet and have no other option than to wear the Dolce & Gabbana’s expensive dress.


After finished smoothing her appeareance wearing the grey dress, she startled by a loud knock on her door. Followed by a familiar nasal voice belongs to her bestfriend who sounded frantic.


“Eunmi?! Are you there?! Please open the door, it’s me Hyerin!” She knock again 5 times. Eunmi unlock the door and opened it to found her frown face at first sight.


“Hey, hey… easy, Lady. Come in.” Hyerin followed her inside and take a seat on the bed.


“What’s wrong? Why so restless? I’m here, safe and sound,” Eunmi gave her a glass of water to calm her bestfriend.


She take a gulp, and speak again. “Oh,I’m afraid you’ll be kidnapped again, because I didn’t found you at the garden. Everyone’s coming!” Her nasal voice stepping one note higher.


“Oh, that will never happen again. You know you can always found me here. And what’s the matter if everyone’s coming? They’re invited, of course they’re coming,” Eunmi sit on the chair of her dressing table.


“You didn’t greet them, Eunmi. The party is already started. I can’t found you in the crowd. I thought it happen again.” Eunmi smiled and shook her head.


“And… you haven’t put your make up on…” Hyerin tilt her hear to 


“Yeah, I think I spent too much time to pick the dress. And eventhough I don’t really like this dress, but I thought this was more wear-able in this weather. Too bad I can’t put any warmer clothes to cover me from coldness.”


“You can mix them—“


“I did. And it’s weird.” Hyerin scrubs her chin and shrug.


“What is that, by the way? My present?” Eunmi pointing to white box wrapped in black ribbon that Hyerin has been held since earlier.


“Oh! I almost forgot to give you this. A handsome man with ing y blonde hair and smiley eyes come to me to give this box. He said it was from his boss for you. Go, open it.” She handed the box to Eunmi.


“I thought you came here with your ‘hot’ date? That was what you said in the message.” Eunmi said in teasing tone.


“Ah… that’s true, but the handsome man was way hotter than my date.” She giggling.


“Did he mention his name?” Eunmi begin untied the black ribbon that wrap the box.


“Who? The handsome man or the boss?”


“Both.”


“He didn’t say his boss’s name, but that handsome man says his name is… wait… what was that? Seyoon…? Ah… no, Soohyun…? Tsk, what was his name again?!” Hyerin feeling frustated to remember the name.


“Sehun.” Eunmi corrected. Her eyes widen.


She snapped her finger. “Sehun! You’re right. How did you know?”


Eunmi look at the sticknote in the box then turn to face Hyerin.


“His boss who send me this—” She pauses, showing the note to her bestfriend.


“…is my future husband.” She sighed.

 

◈◈◈

 



Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^

Comment please~?