Epilogue

Burn Brighter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I got home from school, mother told me there was a letter in the mail for me. I asked her who sent it, but there was no return address on it. I took it to my room and opened it. I knew by the hand writing that it was from Jackson. When did this one get sent out? I read it.

“Dear Yi Eun,

          You must have finished listening to the mp3 player by now. Do something with it. I don’t care if you smash it to bits or keep it, same with the letters. I just hope you don’t forget about me. I know what saying sorry means nothing right now, but I really am sorry. I’m sorry for leaving like this. I know that you would just brush it off, but I truly am sorry. Did you get the bracelet from Jinyoung? He should have gave it to you. I’m sure he did. How is JB doing? I’m sure he’s not doing so well. He must be so down. Everybody must not be okay. How are you doing?

          Yi Eun, learn to forgive. Forgive Jiho, YoungJi, Min, JB, Taekwoon and yourself. Don’t hold grudges. It is not going to help you to move on. Moving on is the best thing to do right now. You have a bright future, and you should keep living. There’s a quote that I want to tell you. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over, but one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in that’s what this storm is all about” (Haruki Murakami). And it’s right Yi Eun, after the storm is over you will be a completely different person. You won’t be the same person that I met and liked. You’ll be someone different. You’ll be a new person.

          Yi Eun, don’t be afraid to talk to someone about this, about me. Bottling your feelings up will not help you move on. Talk to someone. Tell them how you feel about this storm. Tell them how you feel about me or how you don’t feel about me. You’ll realize that you’ll feel better after talking to someone. You may not think it would help, but it does. I know that I can’t really say anything about that, but it does. Don’t talk just about the bad times, talk about the good times as well. Tell about how you felt at a certain time. Tell them how you now after everything is said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter