Track 04

Burn Brighter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 04

I sat there trying to figure out where I fit into Jackson’s story. When was the last time I saw him? Was it at JB’s party? Jackson’s death was late Monday afternoon. JB’s party was on Saturday though. Nothing made sense right now.

Who was the guy that found you? Was he the one that told the principal on Jiho? Is he the one that gave you the bandage? Who is he? A lot of the other people play soccer. He had to be on the soccer team wasn’t he?

I got up and walked to the school. I didn’t listen to anymore of the mp3 player. I can’t handle this. Why me of all people? I was not the last person to see you alive, Jackson. Wasn’t I? Jackson, please tell me it wasn’t me. Please. I don’t know what I would do if I was the last person to see you alive. I don’t want to be that person. If I was the last person, I could have stopped you. I could have done something, anything.

I went to the soccer fields. There was the team practicing. I walked to the stands and sat down. I pressed play on the mp3 player and watched them practice. I wished that this was all a dream and when I wake up Jackson would still be alive and breathing.

Yi Eun welcome back! I’m glad you are sticking with me. You could have easily thrown the player and letter away. It was that easy to get rid of me. I’m nothing but trash right? According to YoungJi and Jiho, I’m trash. That’s all I will ever be Yi Eun. I’m sure by now that you are drawn to my story. You are curious as to why I’m dead. Otherwise you wouldn’t have made it this far. You are halfway through the tracks. Yay! We should get back on topic. The next person is someone you might not know. Maybe you do. I don’t know.

Taekwoon was the one who sees, knows and hears everything, yet he does nothing. He was there when Jiho cornered me in the gym. He was there when Jiho gave me a swirly in the restroom. He was there when Jiho pinned me down and tried to have his way with me. He didn’t try to stop Jiho. He ran away from us. He didn’t yell for help or even try to get help. He was always at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was just like everyone else. He wanted nothing to do with me. He must feel guilty right now. He must feel bad. Each and every one of you guys in these tracks could have done something to stop this. Yi Eun, you could have stopped me. Taekwoon could have stopped me. JB could have stopped me. But they didn’t. They let it happen.

Taekwoon was the one that found me. He’s the one who went to the gym to get the soccer ball from storage. He was always there, but never said anything. He was the shy kid that glued himself to the wall. He excelled in soccer, but no one knew that. He was always staying late at the soccer field. I saw him practicing when I walked home. He never spoke a word to me. He acknowledged my presence, but never said a word to me. I started to wonder if he couldn’t talk.

When he found Jiho and me in the restroom, he saved me from what could have happened. He handed me a bandage knowing that it’s not going to help me. He knew what happened in that stall. He knew that something could have happened.

Taekwoon knew a lot of what was going on. He knew a lot. He was the only witness to Jiho’s bullying. He and I were the only ones that knew what Jiho was capable of. He’s capable of doing so much more, but no one knew how much more.

Taekwoon never said a word about it. He never spread rumors about me because he never told anyone what he saw. He kept it to himself. He didn’t strike me as the kind of guy to spread rumors or even tell anyone about it. He would always know when Jiho was beating me up. He always would always know when to step in and make Jiho stop. He always knew. I started to wonder if he was psychic, but that was only because I thought it would make sense. That was not the case.

One day after school, I cornered him when he was getting the soccer ball out of the supply closet. I locked us in there, so there was no way for him to get out. He was scared. I could see it in his eyes. I stared at him for a long time. He never said a word. He made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter