Track 05

Burn Brighter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 5

          I left the soccer field as well as the school. I got on the bus and noticed JB sitting on the bus. I sat beside him. We didn’t say a word. I noticed how his hands were shaking slightly. He looked at me a smiled awkwardly. He gripped his pants and tightened his hands into fists. He stared straight ahead of us at the seat in front of us.

“Are you okay?” I whispered.

“I’m fine,” he said.

“JB, are you sure?” I insisted.

“Yeah, I just got back from the therapist. She told me that I needed to take things step by step. I’m still not over it, you know. I don’t think I ever will be,” he replied.

“Are you going back home?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he said quietly.

“I’ll walk you home then,” I whispered softly.

          When the bus got off at our stop, I let JB lead the way. I walked slowly beside him. He didn’t question why I was walking with him. He probably figured that I was making sure he got home safely, which is true for the most part. I was hoping that he would tell me more about Jackson, but that didn’t happen. The walk to his house was quiet with very little conversations in between. JB was the one that was most effected by Jackson’s death. He was the one closest to Jackson. He has to know more about Jackson. JB never spoke about Jackson on the walk to his place. He did ask me if he could hold my hand because he was scared. I don’t know what he was scared of, but I let him anyway. He let go of my hand once we got to two houses before his house. His parents, I thought. He must be afraid of his parents right now.

“Jaebum,” I said softly.

“I’m fine. I’ll be fine. I’ll call you later okay,” JB replied.

“Be safe okay,” I said.

          I waited until JB walked inside his front door. I walked away. I the mp3 player and started the next track. I walked until I reached Jackson’s house. I sat at the bus stop not too far from his house.

Yi Eun, you’re back. Congrats, you are almost done with these tracks, with this story, with me. This next person should really be after you, but I changed my mind. She serves a purpose in this story. I think a purpose you know all so well Yi Eun. The next person is Min. If you are wondering why then well I will tell you.

She played a big part in your track actually, well not as big as you did. There is so much I could say about Min. Let’s start from the beginning. I noticed her when she started clinging onto you. Everyone noticed, but you didn’t do anything about it. She liked you and you like her. It was very clear to everyone at our lunch table. On the days she would sit with us, I would sit closer to JB or Jinyoung. I wouldn’t eat because the two of you made me sick. You didn’t notice this. You were more into her then everyone around you. She would look at me each time I would glance at you. She would raise an eyebrow and then look back at you. Min told me that she wanted to talk to me after school.

We met up in the library. She was sitting in the back of the library at one of the tables. I sat down in front of her. She told me to stay away from you. She told me that I could never be with you. She assumed that I had liked you. I told her that I don’t. I don’t even know you that well. She kept telling me that if I don’t stay away from you that something will happen. I got up and left. She stayed sitting there. I didn’t hear her follow me.

At JB’s little study session, she was also there. She had her eyes on me. She was watching my every move. She excused herself to the bathroom. I watched her walk away. JB pulled me aside and asked me what was going on. I told him that nothing was going on. He ran his fingers through my hair and told me that everything is going to be okay. We left his room and went back to the living room. Min was already back and clinging onto you. She kept glancing at me. I left early. I couldn’t handle her staring at me every single second. I had enough staring at school. I didn’t want the staring to follow me around outside of school.

          Days passed and Min still had her eyes one me. I did nothing wrong! I just wanted to be friends with you. Those were the days that I stayed home instead of going to school or hanging out with you guys. I locked myself in my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter