Chapter 2 ♡

Not my cup of tea.

Ding~Dong~

That was the sound that announce the end of recess.

 

Taehyung and I were still sitting in the canteen. He was waiting for me to finish my food.

 

Why do you eat so slow? The food doesn't even taste that nice.” Taehyung complained as he used my fork to play with the innocent food lying on the plate waiting to be eaten. I smacked his hand playfully.

 

Don't play with food, think about the time that you spent all your pocket money on some rare pokemon cards and you don't have any money to eat for recess.”

 

Ahjummaaaaaaaaaaaa that was 7 years ago. Shhhh... Stop talking and just quickly finish your food.”

 

I'm trying my best here. I'm already at my maximum speed.” I said with my mouth full of rice.

 

Don't talk when you're eating, it's disgustanggggg and don't give me that crap. I remembered your two-bited-jajungmyeon. Tell me why you are purposely eating like a cow chewing on grasses.”

 

I don't want to go to our next class. It's physics and you know how bad I am at physics.”

 

That is why you have to attend physics class. If not you'll be in trouble when mid year exam comes.”

 

But I don't want to. Mr. Min likes to choose me to answer his weird and twisted questions.”

 

You should tell me where you don't understand physics. I can help you.”

 

Wahhhh, our Kim Taehyung is so manly, offering help to a hopeless girl. Not badd~~”

 

I and he just smiled at me. That is weird, normally he would say something back to me. Taehyung pointed to another side of the empty canteen and made an extremely shock face.

 

Ahjummmmaaaaaaaa loooook!!!! A flying pig!!! It's coming towards you~~~”

 

That scared me to my heart's content. I immediately got under the dining table and hide while trying to clear away the hideous thoughts of having a flying pig hitting me straight in the face. But after a minute or two, a laughter was heard. I stick my head out of my hiding spot to find the source of laughter. It was Kim Tae Hyung, laughing like there's no tomorrow and holding his phone, probably taking a video clip of the embarrassing moment of Choi Sujong hiding from a flying pig under the canteen table.

 

Hehehehehehehe, I'm repaying your kindness from chemistry class.”

 

He stuck out his tongue before taking my half-finished plate away to throw it into the bin.

 

See you in class, ahjumma~. If you want to be late, be late alone~~. I'm not going to sacrifice my position of number one student in Mr Min's heart for you. Byeeeee”

Before I have the chance to say anything back, he quickly bounce away. I pressed my annoyance down and made a self reminder that I will get my revenge.

I made my way down the corridor, even though I know that I am already late for physics class, I still stroll like I have all the time in the world. I went to my locker to get my physics stuff. I was excepting a messy locker to greet me the moment I open the locker. However, the sight of a neon letter, nicely wrapped with purple ribbons and heart stickers strike my eyes. If the letter is alive, it probably started screaming into my ears, telling me to notice its presence. Isn't this what happen in anime? When a girl quietly slips a letter into the guy's locker to confess her love or maybe to ask him to meet her somewhere in the school after school. But isn't this the other way round? When I picked the striking letter up, it's probably screaming that “ you'd noticed me senpai~” I put the letter back down again. What if it's for the guy that is using the locker next to me? That was, indeed, the most suitable reason, because the letter looks so girly. But which one does the letter belongs to, the left or the right. I should just open the letter and read so that I can find the true owner of this letter. The girl will be grateful. I picked up the letter again and my imaginary voice of the letter said,

Finally, you've made up your mind.”

 

The content of the letter went like:

 

I know this is weird and the first thought that will come into your mind is that this letter was put at the wrong locker. Since you opened this letter, you probably want to return it to the rightful owner. But fear not, my love, this letter is meant for you and only you, Choi........”

 

I stopped reading when I came across the word Choi. I started to break into cold sweat. There are many Chois in this school. It can't be me and how does the unknown person even know what I was thinking before opening the letter, so scary. I should continue to read this weird letter.

 

But fear not, my love, this letter is meant for you and only you, Choi Sujong.”

 

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I immediately crush the paper, put it inside the locker, took the physics text book and ran to class. I stopped half-way to class to realise that I am already 15 minutes late. If I appear in class now, I will get an earful from Mr Min. I should come up with something before going to class.

 

♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡

 

 

Why are you late for class?”

 

Does this Mr Min have another hidden third eye at the back of his head? I crept through the back door of the class while he was scribbling away equations on the whiteboard. I pretended to not hear what he said and went to sit at my usual seat beside Taehyung.

 

CHOI SU JONG! I'm talking to you”

 

I put on a brave face and walked towards Mr Min.

 

I'm so sorry, Mr Min, last night I ate this weird looking thing my dad brought back from overseas. I think that my dad forget to put it in the fridge. But I didn't check before eating. During recess just now, my stomach started making this weird gurgling noise and I needed to run to the toilet. I nearly miss the toilet bowl. Oh my god, do you know how bad it feels? To have to bend down and puke everything that you ate. You wouldn't want to know how bad it smell and I think my puke has-”

 

STOP! Do not describe the incident any further. Are you feeling better now? You're sweating and you look so pale.” Thanks to my concealer.

 

I think I am so much better now, thank you for your concern. But I think that I won't be able to answer your weird questions today.” My classmates started giggling but l was later shush by Mr Min.

 

What did you say just now? What question?” Damn, his good ears, I already mumbled the word.

 

Err... haha well-structured questions.” I said, with my smile.

 

But I sure I heard that-”

 

It's probably something that I ate got stuck somewhere in my throat that's why you hear it wrongly. I think the thing that got stuck may be a-”

 

Stop! Don't talk anymore, go and rest on your table. If you need to go to the nurse, feel free to.”

 

Well, every teachers always have a nice side of them. I partied in my head, mentally jumping and running around the Earth twice. My plan worked. I did not get scolded for being late and get to avoid being questioned in class. This is killing two birds with one stone.